What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

First Grade
Congrats guys just heard on fox that ricky stuart has signed as parra coach good news for you

Chipmunk

Coach
Champ the simple fact is if Gould put himself on the open market to coach there would be a line up of clubs wanting him. Just as the NSWRL originally wanted him before chasing Stuart.

I wonder if Sticky comes here if Gus will consider taking over the NSW State of Origin team..... It would certainly be the right time for him to make a comeback and in a shorter only coaching really for a couple of months.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Ricky Stuart reportedly confirmed as replacement
For Stephen Kearney at Parramatta

FOX SPORTS
July 21, 2012 8:49PM
642147-ricky-stuart.jpg

Ricky Stuart ... stepping back into the club coaching ranks.
Source: News Limited

NSW State of Origin coach Ricky Stuart will reportedly replace Stephen Kearney as Parramatta coach.

Although Eels mangement deny a deal has been done, Fox Sports' Warren Smith says Stuart will take over the Parramatta role from 2013. It also means he will relinquish the role as Blues Origin coach.

Stuart, who has a record of four wins and five losses at Origin level, gave no hint of his intentions on NRL on Fox last Wednesday night but did say that he couldn't coach at both club and representative level at the same time.

"The New South Wales Rugby League have got that policy at the moment that they have a neutral, full-time coach, and I think that’s fair, I really do.

"It’s a big job (to be NSW coach), and … I definitely won’t be looking for a club that would allow me to do it."

Link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ey-at-parramatta/story-fn2mcuj6-1226431640860

First Grade
Opposition fan offering congratulations. Quick send the merkin to the swamp!

Surprise surprise not everybody is one eyed lol. I am a fan of rugby league as a whole not just the knights, so i have no problem congratulating other teams on good news.

Jodeci

Bench
Gould doesn't want any coaching gig.

I'm not sure why there is an article on us asking Gould.

What total rubbish.

Son, coaching 'ability' isn't some neatly numbered skill or ability category attributed to characters on whatever computer game you're currently playing.

To be fair, 10 years ago or so a kid applied for the job of manager of the England football team on the basis of his consistent success playing Championship Manager (now Football Manager). He didn't get the job, but he made the papers. Maybe we could just 'edit' the abilities of a few of our players?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Rumour from @Smokey872 on twitter that it's between Dragons and us for the disgruntled Pearce.

Not sure where that would leave our existing halves.

jimmy77au

Juniors
anyone else concerned that if we get Sticky - and with Mitchell Pierce "at breaking point" with Smith @ the Rorters, that we may end up with him?

Pazza

First Grade
I'd like to see us keep Poore on ( for less than what he is on now), we are light on experience with only Mannah, Allgood and Lussik for 2013. Plus I like the form Poore is in now, fully over that knee injury.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Whatever happened to other player signing rumours like Bronson Harrison? Assume there won't be any further player signings announced until the coaching situation is sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.