What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

darkbloom

Juniors
I'd already addressed this in the 4 other Lewis threads.

Yeah everywhere you look there is something about Lewis. I am very confused about what I have read where, when, by whom and how the f**k can I possibly work out the truth. Sorry about making you repeat what you have done elsewhere.

Kilkenny

Coach
I honestly believe he would be the best centre in the comp outside decent halves. Look how good Kane Linnett is playing outside Thurston and Bowen(who plays like a half). Even at Origin level Pearce and Carney couldn't get him ball and Bird kept getting in the way.

His best games were for Australia and The All Stars outside Lockyer.

Daz, Jennings would obviously benefit from playing outside a better halves combination in club games there is no doubt. His biggest issue is himself considiering his obvious poor attitude, discipline and commitment.

His true value is in the vicinity of $350K - $450k (Max) and given we apparently pay him well in excess of these amounts I hope we move him on however much that may hurt in the short term.

murraymob

First Grade
the short term pain is only to 2015 he then will be back to a managable contract.The club still has managed to sign some pretty handy players with a least 2 more to come
He showed last game what will happen if given decent early ball.A simple change in the halves and he gets more ball

franklin2323

Immortal
Aside from 91 and 03, we've had 45 years of pain. What's another 4 years going to hurt?

Explains why we get no fans to games. Look at the crowd yesterday. They are the regulars. I see the same people week in week out. The rest watch on tv etc but don't go to games. A few more poor years we will have even less fans

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Agree Franklin. Sunday afternoon games were once a "licence to print money". Nowadays, not so, except if you're the Tigers playing at Leichhardt.

Panfas

Juniors
Aside from 91 and 03, we've had 45 years of pain. What's another 4 years going to hurt?
Here are some alarming stats about the Panthers

No of seasons completed - 46 (including this year)
No of seasons made the finals - 9 (excluding 1985 which was a losing play off game)
9 finals seasons / 46 years = 19.6%, or 1 in every 5 years
Many of the seasons we dont make the finals, we are in the bottom 4 of the ladder. This is just not good enough

However, when we do make the finals
Games played - 19
Wins - 9
Losses - 10 = 47.36% or 1 in every 2 games
We have played Canberra 7 times in the finals or 36.8%

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I'm after a history lesson with some things I trying to compile like, win/draw/loss for each season, ceo each year and chairman each year (already have coaches). Will start a new thread for it when time permits.

darkbloom

Juniors

The difference is that the administration has asked for permission for 4 or 5 years of pain in advance. And everyone seems to think that is ok.

It is a good strategy though. An excellent one when people accept it.

Warn people we are going to fail for 4 or 5 years because of the previous administration & coach. If we do fail the responsibility belongs elsewhere. If they happen to jag some success they are heroes.

darkbloom

Juniors
Explains why we get no fans to games. Look at the crowd yesterday. They are the regulars. I see the same people week in week out. The rest watch on tv etc but don't go to games. A few more poor years we will have even less fans

It was only 2,000 less than the average crowd for 1991.

Here are some alarming stats about the Panthers

No of seasons completed - 46 (including this year)
No of seasons made the finals - 9 (excluding 1985 which was a losing play off game)
9 finals seasons / 46 years = 19.6%, or 1 in every 5 years
Many of the seasons we dont make the finals, we are in the bottom 4 of the ladder. This is just not good enough

However, when we do make the finals
Games played - 19
Wins - 9
Losses - 10 = 47.36% or 1 in every 2 games
We have played Canberra 7 times in the finals or 36.8%

We won the play off for 5th in 85.

franklin2323

Immortal
It was only 2,000 less than the average crowd for 1991.

What's the population of not just Penrith but the West compared to 91. We have 11500. We had 1/4 of that back then. Now you can watch every game on tv. If you don't like the rubbish dished out. Stay home and watch it easy. 4 more years won't help.

I understand everyone can't attend every game but those of us that do go regularly. Have a look next home game. You will see the same people as the last 2 home games. Those said regulars will slowly drop off.

darkbloom

Juniors
What's the population of not just Penrith but the West compared to 91. We have 11500. We had 1/4 of that back then. Now you can watch every game on tv. If you don't like the rubbish dished out. Stay home and watch it easy. 4 more years won't help.

I understand everyone can't attend every game but those of us that do go regularly. Have a look next home game. You will see the same people as the last 2 home games. Those said regulars will slowly drop off.

1991 was a premiership year. It followed a GF appearance the year before.

But I don't really understand what you are saying.

I think that the crowds for the last few years have been pathetic, even when we finished 2nd in the home and away season. But the crowds in 1991 were equally pathetic.

maple_69

Bench
Crowds in 2010 were pathetic. Crowds over the last 2 years have been understandable. I'd love to see what our crowds look like after 5 years of sustained success. Sadly this has never happened to Penrith.

age.s

First Grade
2010 we were talked down as contenders due to our reliance on kicks, despite the fact we had the best attack in the comp. In the end it was injuries the boned us, and the shocking start to 2011 (getting absolutely flogged at home twice to kick things off) combined with financial pressures mean we didn't really capitalize on our success.

2003 we were successful and entertaining, with a good crop of local talent the fans could be proud of. We averaged 17k, and I think that's what we could expect with a successful team. If we upgraded the ground on the back of that I think our average would drop back to 14 if times got tough again.