What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL Grand Final - LIVE NOW (8am AEST)

Moffo

Referee
Looked like an ok crowd

The guy doing the crowd rev up was annoying but I guess you have to expect that in the US

Good to see, thought the quality looked ok

druzik

Juniors
Any estimates on crowd size?

Watched it in London, a few times is seems to lock and repeat, but overall it was great.

Congrats to Jacksonville!

deluded pom?

Coach
Sounded like a good game. I was up for work at 6am Saturday morning otherwise I might have stayed up to watch.

deluded pom?

Coach
Why is that relevant Poul? Just because Jax get the best crowds doesn't mean the USARL should always play their GF there.

Poul

Juniors
Why is that relevant Poul? Just because Jax get the best crowds doesn't mean the USARL should always play their GF there.

I wasn't suggesting that the USARL should have played the CF in Jacksonville, but as like you say as Jax get the best crowds, I would have speculated that they may have gotten a record crowd, which would not have been bad publicity.
However, I do think that a 500 crowd in an expansion market is a good result. I was hoping that the XIIIs may have been able to get up for a win in front of this home crowd, which would encourage more to come back next season.
I hope the USARL continue to "rotate" their CF venue. I'm even planning to go over for the 2014 CF (Hope it's in Jax :D )

druzik

Juniors
The hosting for the Grand Final is decided through a bidding process I believe. Cities/teams put forward their names and a plan for the GF and then a committee selects what they feel is the best candidate.

500 crowd is actually a pretty good one for the Final. Last year there was probably only about 100 or so... but hurricane Irene helped with that.

The AMNRL GF by comparison only had between 60-100 people there I would estimate. Which for such short notice is decent.

Karl

Juniors
They shouldn't be allowed to mess with the format of the game. Rugby League is not played in Quarters.