What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryan/Kane anger management

mackdadday

Juniors
Hands down the best skits ive seen in 5 years in the wwe. I think its the first time in a year ive genuinely laughed my ass off at a segment. they never really do this stuff anymore. Bryans leagues ahead of the rest of the wwe in every facet.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I heard this was a good bit. very funny

D Bryan has to be the most improved for the year.

Parra Pride

Coach
I have this nagging feeling that Bryan's "Anger Management" is going to lead to confrontation with Charlie Sheen.

Big Pete

Referee
That was the original plan, don't think it's worked out but they obviously liked their material and went with it.

'Twas good, Kane's absolutely fine when he's in self deprecation mode.

D-Bry has been the best worker of the year no doubt. Always was good in the ring, but he's been killing it on the mic. & unlike Punk doesn't ruin himself with stupid shoot promos that only 6% of the audience cares for.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
the angle continues to grow.

"Hell No!!" will be a great tag team when they can sort out there differences.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Dont understand why they have given Kane his old mask back, its just not the same since he unmasked. Pointless really

Vader...Foley...a bunch of people have taken their masks off and put them back on...though with Kane the mask was KEY to his gimmick...I was chatting to a mate here in Korea who was big on wrestling back in the day, and he was visibly pissed off when talking about Kane and the whole mask issue. Ten years on and Im still filthy too.

Big Pete

Referee
They gave Ray-Rays, why not Kane?

Good question.

I've always been interested to hear what Rey had to say about putting his mask back on. I'm not overly familiar with Lucha culture, SGL might be able to answer this, but isn't it a major offence to put your mask back on after you've 'lost it'?

From a fan perspective, it was easier to accept Rey bringing back the mask because the majority of fans were more familiar with him being masked and it's WWE cannon.

Plus, Mysterio wasn't supposed to be horribly burnt. Although, that was becoming harder to suspend my disbelief for when Kane kept returning with more revealing clothing each time.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought it was the best Smackdown of the year. Quite a lot going on and the whole narrative about Bryan/Kane was great.

Bryan is honestly a great promo, he plays his role to perfection and is honestly one of the most entertaining personalities on TV at the moment.

This team is rivaling Rock n Sock for some of the best segments in WWE history.

Good question.

I've always been interested to hear what Rey had to say about putting his mask back on. I'm not overly familiar with Lucha culture, SGL might be able to answer this, but isn't it a major offence to put your mask back on after you've 'lost it'?

From a fan perspective, it was easier to accept Rey bringing back the mask because the majority of fans were more familiar with him being masked and it's WWE cannon.

Plus, Mysterio wasn't supposed to be horribly burnt. Although, that was becoming harder to suspend my disbelief for when Kane kept returning with more revealing clothing each time.

Putting your mask back on is a rudo move in lucha libre designed to show that the wrestler doesn't care about lucha traditions. Often its a storyline that lasts a few months at least. Others, often popular unmasked tecnicos, will wear their mask to the ring then unmask prior ti the bell.

Rey Mysterio is a unique case. He was on the outside during the WWE Invasion angle, so wasn't ever included in WWE storylines. The story goes that on signing with WWE, he bought a whole new set of ring clothes for his debut, but nor a mask since he was unmasked in WCW. When he arrived on the day, the WWE had already made ring gear for him, but which included his former mask.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I'm actually not sure whether they acknowledged specifically why Kane has gone back to wearing a mask (and "hair") but I like it.
Plus it's not "his old" mask, it's a new mask, to add to the 5 or so previous iterations of a mask he's worn since 1997.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I'm actually not sure whether they acknowledged specifically why Kane has gone back to wearing a mask (and "hair") but I like it.
Plus it's not "his old" mask, it's a new mask, to add to the 5 or so previous iterations of a mask he's worn since 1997.

Something to do with not wearing a mask was actually wearing a mask, now he is wearing the mask again, he is back to his old self, not hiding behind the mask of not wearing a mask.

Very convoluted. :lol:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Something to do with not wearing a mask was actually wearing a mask, now he is wearing the mask again, he is back to his old self, not hiding behind the mask of not wearing a mask.

Very convoluted. :lol:

Not to mention the fact that he now has a mask for his mask, so when he takes off that mask to reveal the mask beneath his mask, is he unmasked or is he still masked? MINDFREAK!!

Very convoluted, that's pretty much the story of Kane's time in WWE! Which funnily enough was summarised in very succint fashion by Kane in that awesome segment a few weeks back!

<3 Kane.

Last edited:

Latest posts