What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are we after anyone??

the_apostle21

Juniors
According to the telegraph (sorry, I cant post the link, as I don't have enough posts!), we have cap space, but are not interested in Beau Ryan or Chris Heighington.

Plus, we are also apparently told Esi Tonga to look elsewhere for next year. So...

* Are we rumoured to be chasing anyone else for 2013?
* Who do we want?

Or are these theories of cap space off the mark due to Hopoate arriving in 2014?

Cheers

natheel

Coach
only rumour that seems to have any legs and keeps rearing its heads is Michael Jennings or Izzy Falou i'd say Jennings

Stagger eel

Staff member
I know for a fact we have money to spend but in a funny sort of way we're in a much better position now than what we were a few months back despite being so late in the year and most off contract players are tied up..I'd rather be in the hands of Nolan/Stuart and whoever the new GM will be than a few months back when Nolan was only operator at the club capable of doing things.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
According to the telegraph (sorry, I cant post the link, as I don't have enough posts!), we have cap space, but are not interested in Beau Ryan or Chris Heighington.

Plus, we are also apparently told Esi Tonga to look elsewhere for next year. So...

* Are we rumoured to be chasing anyone else for 2013?
* Who do we want?

Or are these theories of cap space off the mark due to Hopoate arriving in 2014?

Cheers

It seems by the paper reports this morning that we let Jorge Taufua slip through our fingers 18 months ago.... much better player than Sio!

Our recruitment and retention staff past and present need to have a look at themselves.

I'm sure the new head coach will not fall into the same trap as previous coaches and leave it solely to the recruitment staff.

natheel

Coach
tbh if you put Sio in Manly he would be killing it. he has scored 13 tries in the wooden spoon side. he is doing quite well. yes he has his faults but i think he will really shine under ricky

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Wingers in top four sides always look better then in a bottom four side. In saying that gee he has been good for them. Wonder if Jacob gagan will be the next eels player to have a break through year with the eagles

Stagger eel

Staff member
stags is heighington a real possibility?

Anyone heard Poore may end up at Raiders?

I honestly don't know but a certain other site has him as a done deal, not that I would encourage you to believe anything coming from there.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we should probably wait till 2014.

If we got money but there is not much out there to buy, then we end up just buying more fringe players that we are stuck with for 2014

If the quality is not there I reckon we should persevere till we can spend good money on quality players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It seems by the paper reports this morning that we let Jorge Taufua slip through our fingers 18 months ago.... much better player than Sio!

Our recruitment and retention staff past and present need to have a look at themselves.

I'm sure the new head coach will not fall into the same trap as previous coaches and leave it solely to the recruitment staff.

I guess each case is different and our situation has been a combination of bad luck more than bad management, I believe tafua was released after he failed follow the coachs instructions, just what I heard but you may have a better take on it.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I guess each case is different and our situation has been a combination of bad luck more than bad management, I believe tafua was released after he failed follow the coachs instructions, just what I heard but you may have a better take on it.

If it had have been SK's orders he would have been right to disobey them.

bartman

Immortal
The article I read indicated the instructions were to have a career in the second row, when he thought he was a winger!

natheel

Coach
I honestly don't know but a certain other site has him as a done deal, not that I would encourage you to believe anything coming from there.

yeah i saw that and also reporting Poore done deal at Raiders.

Thought he was certain for Wakefield...

Heighington would be a handy pick up to come off the bench imo has a bit of size and can run on the edges. Him one edge with Maitua down the other.

i think we need to have a backrow like this

11. Smith
12. Ryan
13. Maitua
15. Heighington
16. Paulo

would be good as Smith is the defensive backrower and Ryan holds his own with Maitua the ball player...but it just doesn't look like any of those guys could pick up the slack hindy will leave.

Hopefully Ricky really works on defence with Ryan as he has size and ticker just needs to really bust his arse