What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
If we were interested in Ethan Cook, we've missed out. He's off to the Panthers.

Source: @BrettKeeble (Newcastle Herald)

First Grade
NORTH Queensland have moved a step closer to securing James Tamou, with wooden spooners Parramatta resigned to the Blues enforcer pledging his future to the Cowboys.
Tamou has been linked with the Eels by virtue of his relationship with new coach Ricky Stuart, who convinced the 113kg man mountain to renounce his Kiwi ties to play under him at Origin level.
But the Eels believe they are long odds to lure Tamou, given the Test prop's breakthrough season in which he helped the Cowboys reach the finals.
The 23-year-old could attract offers exceeding $500,000 a season on the open market, but Tamou says he has no plans to quit the Cowboys club that threw him a lifeline from the Roosters in 2009.
"North Queensland is a great town, we have a great fan base and I couldn't ask for more," he said.
"Hopefully, we can go further (next season) ... the Cowboys gave me a real opportunity and I want to repay them for that."

The rampaging Tamou is a priority re-signing, but the club faces retention headaches with star contingent Matt Scott, Johnathan Thurston, Matt Bowen, Brent Tate and Dallas Johnson also off contract at the end of next season.
"I would like to think we can keep them all, hopefully," said chief executive Peter Jourdain.
Tamou, Scott, Tate and Thurston have been added to Australia's train-on squad for next month's one-off trans-Tasman Test in Townsville.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...th-cowboys-again/story-e6frep7f-1226476033815

He must of taken the same geography class as Inglis, pretty sure North Queensland is an area not a town.

Gronk

Staff member
Their strategy does not always bear fruit, when you take into account Michael Witt, Jack Afamasaga, Kylie Leuluai, Daniel Heckenberg etc.

But yeah, I think they're in front when you add Judas & Smokin Joe to the list.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
@NRLRumourJG: For those of you asking, I'm hearing Blake Ashyford to Souths or Eels

I've always liked this bloke, hope we are talking to him...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Blake would be a good signing - young player with decent nrl experience and can play several positions - also I am pretty sure he has a bit of lock in the lower grades so he could be a signing for the pack

eels_fan

First Grade
Had a poor 2012 but was on the verge of rep selection in 2010/2011.

Much better than Tonga was this year

Gronk

Staff member
I don't get the love for Loko TBH. He's played a handful of FG matches.

10 FG games. Got pumped a few times and held his own the others. Has not played since Rnd 10 in 2011.

Ayshford has played 24 FG games in 2010, 26 in 2011 and 23 in 2012.

Pazza

First Grade
Blake has more NRL experience than Morgan, Sio and Blair combined! A backline with a fit Tonga/Hayne and Ayshford looks a lot better than the one we ended the season with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts