What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Edwards new CEO

bartman

Immortal
And hopefully how to turn our (Parra) Stadium games into a much better asset (increase membership, fortress atmosphere, better game day experience).

If he can be better than Osborne, that's a step forward!

Jodeci

Bench
Great signing by the club.

This is massive.

Finally someone who will take ownership of the office

Tyler Durden

Juniors
the fact that parramatta were able to prise him away from the tinkler empire, does this mean that all is not going well in newcastle ?

bartman

Immortal
Good quotes already from Edwards in the Tele.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ramatta-eels-ceo/story-e6frexnr-1226500251174

Former Stadium Australia CEO to be named new Parramatta Eels boss

Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph
October 22, 2012 12:00AM

250595-ken-edwards.jpg

FORMER Stadium Australia CEO and Hunter Sports Group executive chairman Ken Edwards will today be named new Parramatta Eels chief executive.

The Daily Telegraph understands Edwards has signed a three-year deal with the club to work alongside new coach Ricky Stuart.

Bob Bentley had held down the CEO position of the football club and Leagues Club but, in a management reshuffle, will now only oversee the licensed premises.

Edwards has a stellar business and corporate background through his work at Sydney's largest arena and working as Nathan Tinkler's No.1 official at Newcastle.

A media statement to be released today by Parramatta will confirm Edwards' appointment. But the new Eels boss spoke last night about his position and the lure of working closely with Stuart.

"Ricky was one of the key factors," Edwards said. "He is on board with Parramatta, he's fired up and ready to go.

"Ricky is one of the best coaches around and we are very lucky to have him at Parramatta.

"I am really looking forward to working with Ricky."

With Edwards and Stuart in charge, there is a fresh and vibrant look about a club that has looked tired in recent seasons.

"The Eels are in the demographic heart of Sydney," Edwards said. "There are two million people in the area.

"There is a lot of upside in all areas, on the field and off it.

"Parramatta had conducted a range of strategic reviews to make sure Ricky gets everything he needs and to have the best outcome for the players."

Edwards has already started working on the "commercial aspects" at Parramatta.

"We need to be driving bigger membership numbers and looking to bring in new sponsors while serving the existing sponsors," he said. "It is an all-encompassing role."

Stagger eel

Staff member
the fact that parramatta were able to prise him away from the tinkler empire, does this mean that all is not going well in newcastle ?

he left before the shit was going down at Newcastle...

seriously, this is truly a magnificant appointment for the club, anyone that had to directly handle, deal and tame the IOC and come out smelling pretty is a winner in my books.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee what a suprise the Voss runout was just paper talk :crazy:

Sounds like we have done well snaring this bloke, now we just need a few player signings.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Well about time! This is a long overdue appointment but at least Ken Edwards has the experience and reputation that a club like ours deserves. I am happy to see that he is keen to increase our membership numbers and I hope that he places a high priority on our fans to achieve this. Does anyone have any idea of how successful he was on this front with the Knights and Jets?
My only concern is his former position as CEO of Stadiums Australia. I hope this in no way is any indication that we can look forward to moving more home games to ANZ in the future. Parramatta Stadium has already lost enough as it is and if anything I would like to see a movement towards returning more games to Parramatta Stadium and co operation with the Wanderers to press for further improvements - Something Edwards could be good at considering his involvement with the A League and the Jets.

Latest posts