What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels prop Justin Poore completes shock switch to English Super League side

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon if we all stop hassling him about it, then it might make it easier for him to stop telling us about it!!

I don't think either you or Pou realize it, but there's a part of your personalities which is rather similar! I'd ask Gronk to elaborate, but it's too cryptic for him...

My brain hurts trying to keep up with you lot.

bartman

Immortal
I reckon if we all stop hassling him about it, then it might make it easier for him to stop telling us about it!!
Perhaps. Or maybe he still deserves some karma.

The difference is I support merkins, whereas bart death rides every merkin he's jealous of.
:lol: Like you respectfully support everyone who happens to have a different opinion than you? There's no way I'm jealous of your mate Kearney, or Osborne, or any of the posters on here (though I wish them all the best). What you call deathriding, I call either critical analysis or karma - discerning judgement makes the world go around.

I don't think either you or Pou realize it, but there's a part of your personalities which is rather similar! I'd ask Gronk to elaborate, but it's too cryptic for him...
Oh I realise, OMC. I wish he'd stop stealing my log in and posting shit, and he wishes I'd stop stealing his and doing the same!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What do you think of him in other areas?

Depends on the area. Most of them us fans can only speculate on.

There were a couple of players that obviously didn't play as well this year as last year. That might have been Kearney's fault.

But I had no problem with our tactics. For a weak defensive team you don't want to play too risky with the ball.

Noise

Coach
A couple of players got worse under Kearney?

Mannah, W. tonga, Sandow, Allgood, Fui, Horo, Matuia (until Kearney left) all got worse.

Then there were a number of players who added nothing to their games under Kearney;

Poore, Burt, Roberts, Esi Tonga, Ben Smith, O'Hanlon

In the area of developing/improving players (which is a massive part of coaching) i think we can say Kearney was very poor

Ollie Webb

Juniors
a couple of players got worse under kearney?

Mannah, w. Tonga, sandow, allgood, fui, horo, matuia (until kearney left) all got worse.

Then there were a number of players who added nothing to their games under kearney;

poore, burt, roberts, esi tonga, ben smith, o'hanlon

in the area of developing/improving players (which is a massive part of coaching) i think we can say kearney was very poor

spot on!!

Delboy

First Grade
The previous coaching staff took 4 developing players into the full time squad, and unfortunately they all went backwards under their care... Vai Tautai,Jason Wehbe,Matt Eisenhuth and Trent Jennings.

All played worse after working with SK, another nail in the coffin of development over the past few years.

bartman

Immortal
But but but.... some very knowledgeable (ahem) posters on this site keep telling us that Kearney is leaving a positive junior legacy?

#lol@Pou

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The previous coaching staff took 4 developing players into the full time squad, and unfortunately they all went backwards under their care... Vai Tautai,Jason Wehbe,Matt Eisenhuth and Trent Jennings.

All played worse after working with SK, another nail in the coffin of development over the past few years.

Not discounting your opinion as I don't watch a lot of reserves/under 20'd but didn't Wehbe/vai both finished the season in reserves, not a bad effort.

Delboy

First Grade
Josh, playing at Wenty was problematic as they did to qualify for NYC due to games played. The comment was directly due to the fact that they went backwards, Wehbe did not get an offer from another club at the end of the season and has accepted a Wenty deal I understand. He was a target for a number of clubs previously, the fact was that despite receiving "NRL coaching" from SK he stagnated as did the others.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
A couple of players got worse under Kearney?

Mannah, W. tonga, Sandow, Allgood, Fui, Horo, Matuia (until Kearney left) all got worse.

Then there were a number of players who added nothing to their games under Kearney;

Poore, Burt, Roberts, Esi Tonga, Ben Smith, O'Hanlon

In the area of developing/improving players (which is a massive part of coaching) i think we can say Kearney was very poor

Allgood improved - wasn't even a 1st grader when Kearney started
Fui - is getting older so his ability was always going to decline
Reni - well there wasn't much to compare him to due to his suspension
W tonga - I don't think he went as bad as some make out , his defence was strong and we just wasted him in attack. He made a few breaks, the passed to his winger who was never there. But do think Stuart will use him better as his attack is to good to waste

Roberts - came to the club as a reserve grade and finished as one when Kearney left
E tonga - as above
Smith - played no different then what he has under our last four coaches
Burt - was on the decline which is why he retired

TheParraboy

Staff member
But but but.... some very knowledgeable (ahem) posters on this site keep telling us that Kearney is leaving a positive junior legacy?

#lol@Pou

yup and Ricky just has to turn up for us to succeed cause the platform has been set up forever :sarcasm:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Allgood improved - wasn't even a 1st grader when Kearney started
Fui - is getting older so his ability was always going to decline
Reni - well there wasn't much to compare him to due to his suspension
W tonga - I don't think he went as bad as some make out , his defence was strong and we just wasted him in attack. He made a few breaks, the passed to his winger who was never there. But do think Stuart will use him better as his attack is to good to waste

Roberts - came to the club as a reserve grade and finished as one when Kearney left
E tonga - as above
Smith - played no different then what he has under our last four coaches
Burt - was on the decline which is why he retired

Well said. The only players who went backwards under Kearney's coaching were older players who were on the decline anyway. Add to that all the young players he identified and prepared for first grade and our future is looking good.

I am concerned though that so many players were injured during Kearney's second year. The loss of Sean Burns seems to have hurt us more than we could have known.

Utey

Coach
I am concerned though that so many players were injured during Kearney's second year. The loss of Sean Burns seems to have hurt us more than we could have known.

Luck comes into this more than anything else IMO.

The guys in the NRL are nothing compared to the med staff in European football who instruct managers to give particular players x amount of minutes/distance run until they are subbed. Much more science where I think our sport is obviously a tad more simplified and we adopt good recovery and injury prevention methods.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Was our injuries even that un normal:

Smith - has always been injury prone
Tonga - as above
Kelly - not much you can do to in training to stop a face injury
Searge - as above
Loco - will re injuring knee is possible, maybe training caused it
Hayne/barba - maybe training related
Keating/all good - unlucky ? Just part of the game ?

strider

Post Whore
we did lose our best player for about half the season .. and that clearly hurts ....but shit like that happens and it's not an excuse for being a woeful pack of easy beats

Noise

Coach
Well said. The only players who went backwards under Kearney's coaching were older players who were on the decline anyway. Add to that all the young players he identified and prepared for first grade and our future is looking good.

Older players such as mannah, sandow, horo and allgood?

Latest posts