What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

boxhead

First Grade
Your on fire lately Stagger

You carved up yesterday from all reports and your early reports on Izzy were spot on.

Matter of time before you become the Media Manager

:lol:

On a side note, when are the elections? Obviously this coupled with re-signing Hayne will hopefully be announced at the 'right' time so that the board stays in.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Your on fire lately Stagger

You carved up yesterday from all reports and your early reports on Izzy were spot on.

Matter of time before you become the Media Manager

It will be interesting to see who our new media manager is. I thought Doug did a good job and deserves to be commended for his efforts. Danielle in memberships did a great job also and I wish her all the best with her future and further studies. On top of that we have had a staff member join the Saints, Bonnie taking up part time employment next year and of course Ken Edwards on board so it will be interesting to see how our football office staff go next year. I hope they all do a great job in bringing our club and fans closer together.
As for Folau he could only be a good thing for us. He would be a great marketing asset and although he may have lost a little size I have no doubt that he has developed other skills that would really serve us. One thing we really need is someone good under the high ball and IMO he would make a great fullback with a full offseason under his belt.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Hey, just curious El Diablo, what do you think if we sign Folau? I might be wrong but if I remember correctly you were heavily opposed to us signing him, has that changed? Or am I thinking of the wrong person lol.

parra pete

Referee
Folau in Parra's plans for long time Save By Adrian Proszenko Nov. 1, 2012, 5:44 p.m.
Israel Folau announces his retirement from the AFL at Thursday's press conference with GWS coach Kevin Sheedy.
About 18 months ago, Parramatta officials first sat down and debated whether to focus their energy on signing Israel Folau or Sonny Bill Williams.

It was only a matter of time before the the code jumpers were going to return to the sport which made them famous and the Eels wanted to be in the best position to jag one of the prodigal sons.

While former coach Steve Kearney met once with Williams, it quickly became apparent the dual international was out of their price range. Instead, Roosters supremo Nick Politis, a good friend of Parramatta chairman Roy Spagnolo, quickly sealed a handshake deal. Spagnolo's focus turned to Folau, with one source claiming: "We started working on this 18 months ago. Folau was never going to last more than a year in the AFL."

Since then the key figure in negotiations between the Eels and the GWS pin-up has been Peter Nolan. The Eels recruitment guru, who is close to Folau's manager Isaac Moses, was the man instrumental in luring Folau from Melbourne to Brisbane and it appears he has again got his man. As far back as April, Fairfax Media revealed the Eels were Folau's most likely destination if he were to switch back to the NRL.

It is believed negotiations between the parties have been intensified in recent months. However, Ken Edwards, the newly appointed chief executive of the Eels football club, denied that a deal was done.

"He is the sort of player and person that we are certainly interested in," he said. "We could see him fitting into the culture that we are building here and we could see him being a part of the club going forward. We would possibly have some salary cap issues in the first year we are yet to discuss with the NRL. We would be interested and we would seek to talk to his management."

Folau's brother, John, is already at Parramatta, while another, Eni, also spent time in the Eels system. Folau has also been spotted as a guest of Parramatta officials at NRL games during his stint with the Giants. He also has an affinity with the area having grown up in Minto and befriended Jarryd Hayne in their schoolboy days.

The Eels have shed several high-profile players including Nathan Hindmarsh, Luke Burt, Shane Shackleton and Justin Poore. Officials were on Thursday finalising their salary cap position for 2013 and believe they have sufficient space in future years should they need to entice the Queensland and Australian three-quarter. Thursday's announcement prompted sportsbet.com.au to slash the Eels' premiership odds from $34 to $23 for next year.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/524734/folau-in-parras-plans-for-long-time/?cs=12

boxhead

First Grade
From the horse's mouth!
AWESOME!

Not that I am implying you are a horse Jodeci....unless, well, maybe you want to be a horse, or something, or, umm, yeah, I'll stop talking in a bit, when, umm, yeah well, ok.

Jodeci

Bench
It will be interesting to see who our new media manager is. I thought Doug did a good job and deserves to be commended for his efforts. Danielle in memberships did a great job also and I wish her all the best with her future and further studies. On top of that we have had a staff member join the Saints, Bonnie taking up part time employment next year and of course Ken Edwards on board so it will be interesting to see how our football office staff go next year. I hope they all do a great job in bringing our club and fans closer together.
As for Folau he could only be a good thing for us. He would be a great marketing asset and although he may have lost a little size I have no doubt that he has developed other skills that would really serve us. One thing we really need is someone good under the high ball and IMO he would make a great fullback with a full offseason under his belt.

Bongo

Please mate, he is the worst media manager in the comp

Thank god he resigned.

The fact that he never once signed off any communications via the head of marketing or the board and mind you in those members emails it was the same rubbish plus countless mistakes, he was rubbish.

Poor use of the club website and those press releases about us signing some 15yr old kids who could leave after 1 game didn't sit we'll with the recruitment manager to mind u.

Plus he also allowed Phil Rothfield to write whatever he wanted on our eels app and Doug got into trouble also when he let Rothfield write that we have Tony Williams signed up.

Plus the fact that he allowed every journo in this world basically live on our campus and write stories all day when we are coming last.

He should of realised that we are sitting last and the last thing we need is interviews being conducted daily when fans and members were ripping their hair off their heads saying "why are we always talking to the media, we are running last for Christ sake"

He should of controlled it.

The new bloke from all reports will work closely with the head coach and monitor all that. Doug had no relationship with SK

Jodeci

Bench
From the horse's mouth!
AWESOME!

Not that I am implying you are a horse Jodeci....unless, well, maybe you want to be a horse, or something, or, umm, yeah, I'll stop talking in a bit, when, umm, yeah well, ok.

Does Mr Ed count?

Pazza

First Grade
542206-israel-folau.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
Folau coming back to league, and at a Western Sydney heartland club such as ours, is a massive shot in the arm to the code in Sydney's west - he will help us in this "war of the codes" immeasurably.

Latest posts