What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know about you, but for me television rivals film in terms of quality entertainment and I reckon it's time it had it's very own thread.

Just to get it out of the way, please use spoiler tags if you want to get into an in-depth discussion about a particular show. Chances are, your show is of interest to your fellow members and your discussion may obscure their enjoyment so please don't be that guy.

Everything else should be self-explanatory.

Let's start off, what's everybody watching?

Big Pete

Referee
Premier Season in the States so been catching up on all my juvenile comedies. Must admit, they've all started a bit slowly which is a shame but you can only expect so much I suppose.

South Park - A one joke show which is a shame because I enjoyed the social commentary on the direction of football.

American Dad - Was just a gross out episode. They're capable of much better.

Family Guy - Stuck to the Everest theme. Episode was better than AD but still fairly eh.

How I Met Your Mother - It's obvious the writers didn't plan on making so many seasons. Last season was a drag and this year didn't start all that well having to tie up some of the silly loose ends of Season 7. Glad they've cut to the chase on one of the problems and hopefully they don't drag this season out too long.

Parks and Recreation - Is still adjusting to it's changes from Season 4. Episode 2 was definitely a step up and hopefully it can build from there. Thought Andy was in top form & the visual gags for the drink sizes was a laugh. Hope they fix up Tommy's character a bit, he's been a bit lost over the past season or so.

Red Bear

Referee
Next of Peep Show starts November 9, should be awesome

New Arrested Development in the new year should be good.

Watched the first couple of eps of Parks, not bad.

Springs

First Grade
Recently finished watching the first season of Carnivale. Can already say I hate HBO for cancelling this and Deadwood yet keeping that shit True Blood go on as long as it has.

With the rate of HBO shows I don't see how Game of Thrones is possibly going to finish the story.

Also watching Rurouni Kenshin, Batman the Animated Series, Arrested Development and looking forward to The Walking Dead Season 3 in a few weeks. Has anyone heard when it will be showing on FX?

snoozer

Bench
started watching 'boardwalk empire' on sbs last week.looking forward to the next installment.

Big Pete

Referee
I still need to get around to watching that. Received it earlier in the year as a gift but I'm in the middle of so many shows I just haven't gotten around to it.

Once I finish off The Wire I'll get around to it.

Big Pete

Referee
Not sure what to make of that. Like where else can the show go?

Enjoying the League, reminds me a lot of It's Always Sunny and just like Sunny, it keeps getting better with every season. Up to the third at the moment.

natheel

Coach
Not sure what to make of that. Like where else can the show go?

Enjoying the League, reminds me a lot of It's Always Sunny and just like Sunny, it keeps getting better with every season. Up to the third at the moment.

Pretty much start from scratch or people find out Kenny isn't dead..hitch starts a new story. Either way I love the show so I'm keen

Bulldog Force

Referee
Current

Rules of Engagement: This is my favorite Sitcom at the moment. Currently due back on air in January. Timmy is by far the best character in the show... funny as hell.

How I Met Your Mother: Well, I got sucked into watching this show when it first hit our screens by simply flicking through channels and seeing what is on. I guess the story is interesting enough to keep me tuned in. Neil Patrick Harris is the funniest in this show.

Modern Family: This is the only comedy I watch (not a sitcom) the I find too funny. It keeps me in stitches. Glorias constant nagging and arguing is one of the funny aspects, but Phil is by far the funniest character.

Criminal Minds: I started watching this during season 4, and I've been addicted to it ever since. Seeing Jason Alexander transform from a balding George Costanza to a white-haired psychopath in his one-off episode was enough to get me into it. I don't watch any other American Cop shows like Hawaii Five-0, NCIS, CSI or what have you, only Criminal Minds.

Re-runs:

Spin City, Seinfled, Becker, The Simpsons, Futurama, Two and a Half Men.

Notes: The simpsons up until season 10, Futurama up until the original series got cancelled during season 5, the new episodes and movie-episodes are utterly boring, repetitive and crap, TAAHM episode are PRE Ashton Ketchup!

Red Bear

Referee
302707_10151351115296756_2135910964_n.jpg

f**k yeah

fightingirish69

Juniors
Recently finished watching the first season of Carnivale. Can already say I hate HBO for cancelling this and Deadwood yet keeping that shit True Blood go on as long as it has.

With the rate of HBO shows I don't see how Game of Thrones is possibly going to finish the story.

Also watching Rurouni Kenshin, Batman the Animated Series, Arrested Development and looking forward to The Walking Dead Season 3 in a few weeks. Has anyone heard when it will be showing on FX?

no they canceled deadwood to keep entourage...apparently

Godz Illa

Coach
Any other fans of "Louie" on here?? I just finished season 3, another fkn fantastic bunch of episodes. Not always hilarious, but most of the time it is - and it is always enjoyable.

No doubt about it, Louis CK is a genius

Zigwaa

Bench
Anyone watch the aussie law comedy Rake? I just finished watching season 1 and it was a great series. Richard Roxburgh is hilarious in it.

Red Bear

Referee
Saw an ep, enjoyed it, didnt follow it up. Will get around to it.

New series of Peep Show is pretty decent

Cliffhanger

Coach
Go On, Matthew Perry's new show is pretty good. I really enjoy it well.

Watched the first few episodes of Suits, it was okay, but yeah not going to keep watching, to be honest I prefer Franklin and Bash.

The Joker

Juniors
Disappointed with Vegas with Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid. Only seeing the previews, I was expecting more of a The Shield meets Boardwalk Empire where in reality it is just another boring cop detective show.

Red Bear

Referee
Watched friday night dinner the other week, not bad.

Episode list for Arrested Development has been released but no viewing date confirmed just yet

• Michael 1
  • Michael 2
  • George Sr. 1
  • George Sr. 2
  • Lindsay 1
  • Lindsay 2
  • Tobias
  • Gob
  • Maeby
  • Lucille
  • Buster
  • George Michael 1
  • George Michael 2
  • Gob 2
rumoured date is May 4 but that's been denied apparently

roofromoz

First Grade
The new season of Peep Show is the funniest for a few years. One thing is that there has been no sign of Sophie, and very little reference to her... and Mark's son for that matter.

I've been watching a bit of Watson and Oliver on UKTV. Like all sketch shows, there are recurring themes... the one with the lady who tries to quietly escape is probably the best of the lot.