What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players from your club who you have seen IN YOUR LIFETIME do it all

Loudstrat

Coach
Beat me to it, still think that Lazarus is best prop in the history of all history and in my opinion deserves to be a immortal more then any of the other players on that list, and that is saying a lot because I think that Daley, Stuart, Meninga and Clyde all deserve to be immortals.

We may as well make everyone an immortal then ffs :lol:

Ben Hornby, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Michael Weyman, Beau Scott, and Ben Creagh have all played CvC, NSW Origin, and for the Kangaroos as well as the 2010 GF. Brett Morris is yet to represent Country. Dean Young never played for Australia.

Darius Boyd played for Qld Origin, Kangaroos, as well as the 2010 GF

Jeremy Smith, Nathan Fein, and Jason Nightingale played in the 2010 GF + for NZ (Fein playing for Qld prior to joining the club)

Neville Costigan, though representing Qld during his time at St George, played for PNG prior to joining the club.

First Grade
Joey
Bedsy
Chief
Ben Kennedy
mad dog
robbie O
steve simpson
sarge
Tahu

and so on and so on, many more to look forward to with smith, boyd, scott uate, gagai all playing well

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Ben Hornby, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Michael Weyman, Beau Scott, and Ben Creagh have all played CvC, NSW Origin, and for the Kangaroos as well as the 2010 GF. Brett Morris is yet to represent Country. Dean Young never played for Australia.

Jeremy Smith, Nathan Fein, and Jason Nightingale played in the 2010 GF + for NZ (Fein playing for Qld prior to joining the club)

Neville Costigan, though representing Qld during his time at St George, played for PNG prior to joining the club.

Brett Morris played for country this year. He played with his twin Josh.

Pogga

Juniors

Dean Young has also played one game for Australia.

H.H

Juniors
Freddy the obvious one for Easts...with the 2002 - 2005 years also doing it for Mini, Fitzy, Wing and Ricko...Fletch too for that matter and he gets a World Cup in 2000 as well. Mini gets a Golden Boot in there too.

Slackboy72

Coach
Beat me to it, still think that Lazarus is best prop in the history of all history and in my opinion deserves to be a immortal more then any of the other players on that list, and that is saying a lot because I think that Daley, Stuart, Meninga and Clyde all deserve to be immortals.

I personally have him as the best player I've seen (i.e. since 1979).
Although the Johns and Langers and Meningas and Lockyers get the medias underparts all wet they all turn to shit without good forwards in front of them and he is the best forward I've seen (Mind you I never saw Norm Provan). His record at turning good teams into premiers is unrivalled in the limited tackle era.

Mr Saab

Referee

The criteria was WON an origin series. Weyman, Scott, Creagh, Morris....never won an origin series.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I personally have him as the best player I've seen (i.e. since 1979).
Although the Johns and Langers and Meningas and Lockyers get the medias underparts all wet they all turn to shit without good forwards in front of them and he is the best forward I've seen (Mind you I never saw Norm Provan). His record at turning good teams into premiers is unrivalled in the limited tackle era.

Well he would have to be the second best individual player I have ever seen behind Daley (who is another player who does not get enough credit from the media), Daley was the sort of player that when he touched the the ball the whole stadium went silent and just waited for him to do something amazing, absolutely the best natural talent that I have ever seen.

Other then that I completely agree with you.

soc123_au

Staff member
As the title suggests, list players who you have witnessed achieving victories in every major Rugby League match (Grand Final Win, involved in a State of Origin Series Win NSW/QLD and Australian Test Victories) in your own lifetime.

For example, I was born in 1973 so from the Panthers:

Royce Simmons
Greg Alexander
John Cartwright
Brad Fittler
Luke Lewis
Ryan Girdler
Luke Rooney
Craig Gower
Trent Waterhouse

I dont think Brandy played in a winning origin series. I dont recall him even playing in a winning origin game surprisingly. Still one of the greatest Panthers to lace a boot though.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Me too - and for not raising us to be Manly supporters.

I doubt anyone could top Peter Sterlings achievements - 4 premierships, 3 Ashes wins, Origin series wins, 2 Dally M POTY medals, a Clive Churchill medal, 2 Rothmans Medals, 1 Lance Todd trophy, 4 MOM awards in Origin, a Gold Logie, and an OAM.

Bearing in mind that there were no Harry Sunderland medals or golden boots awards in his heyday.

And forget this Union sh*t. Ben Kusto would he been an all time great in that drivel.

Yet, he still looks like Neelix.

320x240.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
Me too - and for not raising us to be Manly supporters.

I doubt anyone could top Peter Sterlings achievements - 4 premierships, 3 Ashes wins, Origin series wins, 2 Dally M POTY medals, a Clive Churchill medal, 2 Rothmans Medals, 1 Lance Todd trophy, 4 MOM awards in Origin, a Gold Logie, and an OAM.

Bearing in mind that there were no Harry Sunderland medals or golden boots awards in his heyday.

And forget this Union sh*t. Ben Kusto would he been an all time great in that drivel.

didn't Sterlo win a golden boot too...87 I think!...or was that Bert?

I dont think Brandy played in a winning origin series. I dont recall him even playing in a winning origin game surprisingly. Still one of the greatest Panthers to lace a boot though.

He played one game in 1990, a year which NSW won the series so I guess he's in on a technicality.

You're right though. He's never played in a game where NSW has won.