What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
WC Pirates first ever home and away jeseys are now back in stock and availble online:

http://warugbyleague.com.au/store/products/

All profits support the development of RL in the West.

385291_10200356750060151_1519901878_n.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
hats off to Umbro...they were the only ones so far ballsy enough to try new things with the kangaroos..even the v's were thicker on the main jersey. Let's hope ccc follow through and try new things

34h8gae.jpg

Zigwaa

Bench
hats off to Umbro...they were the only ones so far ballsy enough to try new things with the kangaroos..even the v's were thicker on the main jersey. Let's hope ccc follow through and try new things

34h8gae.jpg

Lets hope they don't. Abominations!

ShaneO85

Juniors
You probably think white jerseys are a good idea...

No. White jerseys are a shitte idea (in general). Unless you are manly or the roosters who have it as one of their actual colours. I do see value in a light coloured strip and a dark coloured strip.

I hadn't thought of using the 08 centenary jersey for our alternate before. Think that solves the dilemma. Green and Gold for our Main and the Blue and Maroon butcher stripes as our clash.

sheepbender

Juniors
I really dont understand the dislike for the Pirates jerseys, the tick a lot of boxes of all the things everyone seems to complain about. Sure I think they could have been better, but theyre pretty bloody good, and better than a lot of jerseys currently in the NRL. I know some people dont like side panels, I dont mind them if used right, these are 50/50.

Its like everyone wants any and every club to have variations of Souths, Roosters and Dragons jerseys. I get it, theyre traditional and historic, but they belong to those clubs, and in these modern times, they are kind of bland.

Billythekid

First Grade
I really dont understand the dislike for the Pirates jerseys, the tick a lot of boxes of all the things everyone seems to complain about. Sure I think they could have been better, but theyre pretty bloody good, and better than a lot of jerseys currently in the NRL. I know some people dont like side panels, I dont mind them if used right, these are 50/50.

Its like everyone wants any and every club to have variations of Souths, Roosters and Dragons jerseys. I get it, theyre traditional and historic, but they belong to those clubs, and in these modern times, they are kind of bland.

I think a lot of it comes from reds designs looking so much better. I'm still bitter that they are going with this sh*tty pirates logo +designs. Everything about the reds was better and i think they potentially could have had the best looking jersey in the NRL. Now we get..... that.

docbrown

Coach
I'd like to see every international rugby league nation playing with a double chevron on their jersey based on the exact same template. It would signify a unity throughout the game globally.

For instance for 2013 WC -

Ireland - Green Body with White Chevrons, White Shorts, Green & White Socks
Australia - Green Body with Gold Chevrons, Green Shorts, Green & Gold Socks
Cook Islands - Yellow Body with Green Chevrons, Green Shorts, Green Socks
PNG - Yellow Body with Red Chevrons, Black Shorts, Black Socks
New Zealand - Black Body with White Chevrons, Black Shorts, Black Socks
Scotland - Navy Blue Body with White Chevrons, Navy Blue Shorts, Navy Blue Socks
France - Reflex Blue Body with Red & White Chevrons, White Shorts, Reds Socks
Fiji - Sky Blue Body with Black Chevrons, Black Shorts, Black Socks
Italy - White Body with Azure Blue Chevrons, Azure Blue Shorts, Azurre Blue Socks
USA - White Body with Red Chevrons, Blue Shorts, Blue Socks
England - White Body with Red Chevrons, White Shorts, White Socks
Wales - Red Body with White Chevrons, Red Shorts, Red Socks
Tonga - Red Body with White Chevrons, White Shorts, White Socks
Samoa - Red Body with Blue Chevrons, Blue Shorts, Blue Socks

Last edited:

Clarke

Juniors
It shits me to tears that the NRL make everyone have radically different jerseys for differentiaion but then allow the refs, and opposing players to wear the same colour shorts and/or sock.

If you want to see Rugby League teams wear radically different jerseys, you won't find it in the NRL it's in the Super League.

GAZF

First Grade
I'd like to see every international rugby league nation playing with a double chevron on their jersey based on the exact same template. It would signify a unity throughout the game globally.

For instance for 2013 WC -

Ireland - Green Body with White Chevrons, White Shorts, Green & White Socks
Australia - Green Body with Gold Chevrons, Green Shorts, Green & Gold Socks
Cook Islands - Yellow Body with Green Chevrons, Green Shorts, Green Socks
PNG - Yellow Body with Red Chevrons, Black Shorts, Black Socks
New Zealand - Black Body with White Chevrons, Black Shorts, Black Socks
Scotland - Navy Blue Body with White Chevrons, Navy Blue Shorts, Navy Blue Socks
France - Reflex Blue Body with Red & White Chevrons, White Shorts, Reds Socks
Fiji - Sky Blue Body with Black Chevrons, Black Shorts, Black Socks
Italy - White Body with Azure Blue Chevrons, Azure Blue Shorts, Azurre Blue Socks
USA - White Body with Red Chevrons, Blue Shorts, Blue Socks
England - White Body with Red Chevrons, White Shorts, White Socks
Wales - Red Body with White Chevrons, Red Shorts, Red Socks
Tonga - Red Body with White Chevrons, White Shorts, White Socks
Samoa - Red Body with Blue Chevrons, Blue Shorts, Blue Socks

No thankyou. As much as the V is a fairly unique element to league, it would be a shame to shoehorn all teams into one design. That approach did not work well for Super League (mind you, shithouse designs doesn't help either). There's a strong history of hooped, plain and miscellaneous designs in the sport that shouldn't be traded in for the sake of uniformity.

ash the bash

Juniors
Me too, most people want simple classy jersey's which I think the Pirates are, maybe it is a bit bland for some peoples expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.