What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V panthers trial

the 21 was Jerome Mackenzie...real talant, great on his feet, unfortunately, he has another set of feet where his hands should be, if he improves that aspect of his game he'll be real good..

did anybody else who watched the game thought our forwards showed some real merkin out there??

Forwards went very well. Good to see Mannah stick it to Grant. Mannah had a awesome game as did fui.

Kelepi would be on the bench to start the year for mine.

bartman

Immortal
Bart I'm a fan of Papalli but don't you think that is expecting a bit much of him?
:lol: Mate, he updates, tweets, pins, blogs, and instas like a demon! If our new SMP recruit has second thoughts, Paps'll be up to the task ;-).

Forty20

First Grade
Excuse my ignorance, but what position does kelepi play.

Does anyone think Loko will earn a spot round one?

Kelepi is almost exclusively a backrower, though he has on the rare occasion played centres in the U/20's.

Y2Eel

First Grade
It was good to see our second 13 out on the field for last ten minutes and defend really well..

Kelipi was strong of the bench he is a unit for an under twenty play

The 15 is a unit for us

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sounds like it was a much improved effort, good to see we defended well and with a bit of pride.

parra pete

Referee
Sandow a model of restraint in fiery draw
By Michael Chammas Feb. 23, 2013, 8:05 p.m.
Composure isn't a word associated with Chris Sandow but the Parramatta No. 7 showed plenty in his side's 10-10 draw in a fiery clash against Penrith on Saturday afternoon.

After a substandard hit-out against the Tigers last weekend, Sandow played a hand in both of Parramatta's tries on a bleak and miserable afternoon at the foot of the mountains.

There were none of the flashes of brilliance that have become synonymous with the maligned playmaker but he kicked and directed his troops like a man on a mission in his 60-minute stint.

"His kicking game was a stand-out," said Eels co-captain Jarryd Hayne. "That's the thing that really dominated the game today – his kicking. I think Sticky's been really adamant about him getting his kicking game right and that showed tonight." Parramatta surpassed their points tally from last week against the Tigers within eight minutes on Saturday night. Hayne and Sandow combined to register the first points of the match.

Hayne leaped above the Panthers' defence to latch on to a cross-field kick from Sandow, who converted the try from beside the posts to give Parramatta a 6-0 lead.

At the other end of the field, Wes Naiqama squandered two chances for the Panthers before taking an intercept off a Joseph Paulo pass to run 40 metres untouched and level the score in the 21st minute.

Sandow then orchestrated the Eels' second four-pointer with a cut-out pass to Ryan Morgan, before looping around the centre to put Blair into the corner untouched.

A late try to David Simmons levelled the match but the Eels took plenty of confidence out of conceding only two tries in 80 minutes after leaking 41 points against the Tigers seven days earlier.

"During the week we worked a lot on our defensive efforts," Hayne said.

"To keep them to two tries was good. It's our attack now. It wasn't there tonight but with the wet weather and it being a trial, we spoke about trying to grind this one out. Penrith had the same mindset as well."

Even though it was just a trial, tempers flared between the two western Sydney rivals before half-time and it spilled over into the second half.

On the stroke of half time, Eels back-rower Matt Ryan and Panthers hooker James Segeyaro engaged in a minor push-and-shove before their teammates ran in to split it up.

Ill-discipline from Ryan in the second half cost him 10 minutes in the sin bin, given his marching orders for repeat infringements around the ruck.

If Stuart wasn't already frustrated with his back-rower, he would've been when he was again penalised for holding down in a tackle just minutes after returning to the paddock.

It was the start of a fiery few minutes in what was a rather lifeless contest at the foot of the mountains.

The usually unflappable Tim Mannah, who was named Eels club captain on Friday, came to blows with NSW Origin prop Tim Grant.

Mannah threw a punch at his opposite number, who took exception to the mistimed jab, igniting another push-and-shove between the two sides.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary said the wet conditions made it difficult to take any positives out of his side's attack.

"It was a pretty slow old game and obviously the weather didn't help things," Cleary said.

"The play the ball was very slow tonight. The referees were getting a bit frustrated in the second half. We struggled to get any kind of fluency or momentum in attack and they probably felt the same."

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1321679/sandow-a-model-of-restraint-in-fiery-draw/?cs=12

strider

Post Whore
only scored 10 but.against favorites for the spoon.
#rememberitsonlyatrial

who you talking about, us or them? ;-)

the 21 was Jerome Mackenzie...real talant, great on his feet, unfortunately, he has another set of feet where his hands should be, if he improves that aspect of his game he'll be real good..

did anybody else who watched the game thought our forwards showed some real merkin out there??

are you trying to say they are girls? :-s

emjaycee

Coach
I don't remember seeing any comments from those at the game on Saturday night as to how Ben Smith went... anyone got any thoughts on how he played?

EelsFan05

Bench
I don't remember seeing any comments from those at the game on Saturday night as to how Ben Smith went... anyone got any thoughts on how he played?

Smith went ok. Didn't really stand out on either end but held his own. The props, Sandow, Loko and Hayne were the stand outs in my opinion. Some of the young forwards that came on at the end went well but it was mostly no names on the field at the time.

Gronk

Staff member
Tonga's form seems to be pretty ordinary, so it's making Loko's selection easier.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Could've been mistaken but i dont think Loko was played as a centre. I dont think Morgan or Tonga came off and the couple of touches Jacob had were hit ups.

EelsFan05

Bench
Could've been mistaken but i dont think Loko was played as a centre. I dont think Morgan or Tonga came off and the couple of touches Jacob had were hit ups.

Loko started in the second row but defiantly shifted to left centre for the last 10-15 mins of the game.