What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do the crime you do the time.

Regardless of whether or not player x, y and z were knowledgeable about what was being given to them is irrelevant, they gained an unfair advantage out of it. See you later.

This is of course if there is any factual evidence

Danish

Referee
As an aside, why would ASADA be offering 75% suspension reductions if they had rock solid evidence with which to ban people?

Surely you don't go around offering such deals if your case is strong

magpie4ever

First Grade
You are getting your info on players being banned from the same f**king media that you are chastising Henry for getting his info from

Dude, I have mentioned no ban on any players - I am responding to certain people jumping at shadows - ie: peptides taken 2 years ago, legal at the time, it a conspiracy.

I will state again ASADA has said zero, outside they are undertaken any investigation into (you know what) - the rest is media spin.

What have they done not to demand your respect?

Seriously ?

How about their pathetic handling of this whole affair ?( along with the ACC and two government ministers)

How about the head of the world anti doping authority calling them out on their handling?

This things been a mess since that presser. They have inspired zero confidence all round. Especially considering their sensationalist claims at that press conference.

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
And we're are you getting the info that they kept being taken once they went on the banned list?

I'm getting it from the SMH , which typically print stories based on sources and info. Not rumour and innuendo.

You keep backing asada every step of the way , what on earth have they done to deserve your blind faith?!

Oh f**k and I'm being called a nazi.

Dude, I have mentioned no ban on any players - I am responding to certain people jumping at shadows - ie: peptides taken 2 years ago, legal at the time, it a conspiracy.

I will state again ASADA has said zero, outside they are undertaken any investigation into (you know what) - the rest is media spin.

You have said time and time again that people will be eating their words. Based off ZERO knowledge.

magpie4ever

First Grade
As an aside, why would ASADA be offering 75% suspension reductions if they had rock solid evidence with which to ban people?

I believe it is a 50% reduction to admit guilt before the allegation is presented to you.

75% reduction if you admit then dob someone else in.

Slackboy72

Coach
You do the crime you do the time.

Regardless of whether or not player x, y and z were knowledgeable about what was being given to them is irrelevant, they gained an unfair advantage out of it. See you later.

This is of course if there is any factual evidence

Are we talking about cronulla allegedly taking peptides or the storm salary cap scandal? :roll:

Pete Cash

Post Whore

From what the media has reported its been negotiated with the club lawyer over the fact it appears any wrong doing was not deliberate from the players.

Of course the media is not exactly trustworthy and isn't above just making shit up.

magpie4ever

First Grade
OK, let's say 14 to 22 cronulla players are banned; will people accept that the ASADA is on the right track or still claim it is a f**k up or a conspiracy?

eozsmiles

Bench
The fact that the players were pidgeonholed into taking a 6 month ban is pretty serious to me. Without an investigation to prove their innocence? What in the name of f**k.

Isn't an investigation usually held to prove guilt? If these stories in the papers are true then it sounds like an investigation has already been (or is being) held and it points strongly to some people being guilty of something.

If by investigation you mean a tribunal or trial for guilt to be proven, then they will get that if they run the gauntlet. I guess at that time they will get to see to all the (alleged) evidence against them. They may have seen some already. It sounds as though the lawyer has because there is no reason to be in possession of a deal or offer one otherwise.
At the moment it sounds like nobody has been charged so there is no need for any trial (as such) to prove guilt. If the players put their hand up there is no need for one either.

If the players knock back the "deal" and are "charged" then you can bet that there will be some sort of chance for them to test the evidence.

some11

Referee
Mate the whole NRL is doomed, darkest day, suspend the comp!

Don't see how we'll ever make it back from this.

BranVan3000

Coach

Because evidence still needs to be proven, a confession doesn't

Isn't an investigation usually held to prove guilt? If these stories in the papers are true then it sounds like an investigation has already been (or is being) held and it points strongly to some people being guilty of something.

If by investigation you mean a tribunal or trial for guilt to be proven, then they will get that if they run the gauntlet. I guess at that time they will get to see to all the (alleged) evidence against them. They may have seen some already. It sounds as though the lawyer has because there is no reason to be in possession of a deal or offer one otherwise.
At the moment it sounds like nobody has been charged so there is no need for any trial (as such) to prove guilt. If the players put their hand up there is no need for one either.

If the players knock back the "deal" and are "charged" then you can bet that there will be some sort of chance for them to test the evidence.

Ah , no.

An investigation is run to gather evidence.

A trial is run to prove guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.