What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Someone posted that 16000 tickets were sold for the Eels game a few days ago and i think that is right.

The sterling terrace was pretty much full, the other end say half full. west and east terrace at least 75% and the upper tiers even more, so i am assuming the reported crowd was a mistake

BunniesMan

Immortal
Eels are just balancing out the Titans inflation. Combined we get an accurate number.

I expect a sellout in Cronulla today after everything that's happened.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Terrible at Penrith. Even the best sections near halfway have large chunks of empty seats.

They'd be happy to have 10k there.

Quite poor for round 1. If they don't get results early they'll challenge for the Crowd wooden spoon.

DC_fan

Coach
Maybe Panther fans didn't realise the season started this weekend. Not missing much though, it's an ordinary game.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'll say 10k odd at Penrith. The Penrith fans I know are very negative about the team this year and some refuse to even watch them on tv after lewis and Gordon's departure

13351 @ Parramatta
11627 @ Gosford

Given that you have all decided that anything beneath 31k is "a shit crowd" and "pathetic" these attendances pretty much speak for themselves. I believe some of you even decided that poor crowds were even worse for being a season opener.

"But we have soooo many teams down here..."
"But you don't understand the Sydney culture..."
"But the weather..."
"But the media..."
"But this is actually a good crowd..."
"But when compared to the number of people living within the adjacent 8 local government areas divided by the number of full moons since the last grand final win by this club it is a great turn out..."
"But it takes so long to get to the grounds..."
"But the grounds are so local..."

Last edited:
Penrith in 03/04 was the high watermark attendance-wise for them I wasn't a fan of RL but I do know the Panthers won the GF in 03 so they must of have a awesome team back then. Getting high 18k+ and the occasional 20k shows the potential fan-base in Penrith.
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/penrith.html

Any Penrith fans can give the details of the awesome time in the club.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If Parra played at Gosford it would be a sellout,shows you that we are way more popular then the Doggies

Matt Keating > Doggiesbro

Storm has untapped potential in increasing there crowds just need better advertising and marketing down in Victoria. Any league fans in Victoria give the low down on how the Storm is marketed down there. Continued success is needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.