What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Good storm crowd

No it isn't. The dragons are one of the 3 teams who tend to draw really big crowds in Melbourne. It's one of the few chances each year for the storm to pull a 20K+ crowd. If this one is only 16K it doesn't bode all that well for the rest of the year.

It's not terrible but it doesn't give me much hope of seeing an increase by much over last year which is a little disappointing. Who knows though maybe things will pick up over the year.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Does it matter. Wanderers crowds sound like 100,000 compared to eels supporters.

That's because soccer is so boring the fans have to chant like maniacs to keep themselves entertained whilst Eels fans are too busy watching greatness

Flapper

First Grade
Its a bit misleading to compare the crowds though, Parra's first game of the season after a terrible 2012 vs a team on top of their comp and going for their 9th win in a row.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Wanderers are only getting crowds of more then 10k because they have won 800 games in a row,wait until that Japanese star leaves and finds a better club somewhere around the world and those donkeys will be getting crowds of 4k

Also

Wanderers 1st game of season 10,458
Eels 1st game of season 13,351

Eels win

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wanderers are only getting crowds of more then 10k because they have won 800 games in a row,wait until that Japanese star leaves and finds a better club somewhere around the world and those donkeys will be getting crowds of 4k

Also

Wanderers 1st game of season 10,458
Eels 1st game of season 13,351

Eels win
Hayne and Sticky got Dis!!

Evenflow

Bench
No it isn't. The dragons are one of the 3 teams who tend to draw really big crowds in Melbourne. It's one of the few chances each year for the storm to pull a 20K+ crowd. If this one is only 16K it doesn't bode all that well for the rest of the year.

It's not terrible but it doesn't give me much hope of seeing an increase by much over last year which is a little disappointing. Who knows though maybe things will pick up over the year.

To be fair it's Moomba and a long weekend down here so considering that i thought it was a pretty good turn out. While i agree playing the Stains is always a good chance of getting 20k i don't think there's any doubt given those 2 things we'd have got that no worries.

When we get a shit crowd I'll always put my hand up but facts are many people go away on weekends and a shitload of people go to Moomba as well. Just saw the news here and the banks of the Yarra were absolutely chockers so IMO, this time there were legitimate mitigating circumstances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts