What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo & Sponsorship Thread II

applesauce

Bench
The Titans ones look awful!!!

Their jerseys get worse and worse. The back looks like a country team jersey not a professional NRL one.

The small number and small sponsors looked like something out of Rugby League Live.

163444159-david-taylor-of-the-titans-is-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg
998088_20100628_screen002.jpg

mn_tibor

Juniors
Anyone else think the Raiders jersey looked more like a Metallic Green? ISC must have changed their material.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I'm kind of astounded some people are whining because the Gold Coast's sponsor boxes aren't obnoxiously large... Are you guys serious?

Frailty

First Grade
Saw Melbournes new jersey in use for the first time and it bloody looks fantastic. Massive improvement on what they had.

And I'm sure the club wouldn't like to hear it but how good do the Sharks jerseys look without a major sponsor. So clean, a great look.

If I was a Sharks fan I'd buy a jersey before they get one.

The club, do its detriment, aren't selling this years jerseys until a sponsor is signed. They are missing out on a lot of merch sales by not selling the home jersey with 'CSFC' on the front.

applesauce

Bench
I'm kind of astounded some people are whining because the Gold Coast's sponsor boxes aren't obnoxiously large... Are you guys serious?

My grip is they persist with 'boxes' to make the words more legible.

Yet in this case they made them so small you can't even read what it says but it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I was expecting something clean like the announcement and some bigger number ffs.

BEowoxmCYAEkVif.jpg:large

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The club, do its detriment, aren't selling this years jerseys until a sponsor is signed. They are missing out on a lot of merch sales by not selling the home jersey with 'CSFC' on the front.

I can only shake my head at the utter ineptness of the Nulla management.

Frailty

First Grade
I can only shake my head at the utter ineptness of the Nulla management.

Ineptness that secured the clubs future financially before all this speculative ASADA crap with a $300 million dollar development deal? Or perhaps the inept management that has increased membership by about 50% already and we are not yet at the cut off date...

Or perhaps it is the inept management that realises if you sell merchandise before sponsors have signed on, it undervalues the sponsorship deal simply because of the availability of sponsor free merch.

We sure must look to Brisbane for guidance... Private owners, non-hostile market, favourable coverage from FTA media, they must know a lot about dealing with the issues the sharks face.

Wanker

We sure must look to Brisbane for guidance... Private owners, non-hostile market, favourable coverage from FTA media, they must know a lot about dealing with the issues the sharks face.

Wanker

Brisbane are publicly listed on the stock exchange.

The complete opposite of private ownership.

Get your facts straight before you start talking about onanism.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
On the flipside, the sale of sponsor-free merch might be a massive money-spinner and make sponsors think - man, gotta get my brand on there!

Frailty

First Grade
Brisbane are publicly listed on the stock exchange.

The complete opposite of private ownership.

Get your facts straight before you start talking about onanism.

Share owners 68.9% - Nationwide News Pty. Ltd.

You guys are run by News ltd whether you like it or not.

Frailty

First Grade
Majority ownership doesn't equal private ownership.

On semantics yes.

But the simple fact is that News controls your team, and it is in their financial interest that the club succeeds.

That's like saying Souths isn't privately owned because Crowe and PHaC only have a majority share. It's ridiculous to use semantics that way.

On semantics yes.

But the simple fact is that News controls your team, and it is in their financial interest that the club succeeds.

That's like saying Souths isn't privately owned because Crowe and PHaC only have a majority share. It's ridiculous to use semantics that way.

Actually, no, it is not only reasonable but essential to respond to the point you were making. You were enumerating all of advantages that the Broncos have in contrast to the (and the point you were trying to make, however erroneous the execution, was valid) Sharks.

However, the advantages of private ownership are different to that of having a majority wealthy shareholder. Specifically, the Broncos as a publicly listed company have a range of statutory disclosure requirements that they must comply with. These requirements are more onerous than those that rest with private owners.

And for the record, and for the sake of semantics, the Broncos are a public company because they are openly listed on the ASX. The Rabbitohs are privately owned because they are not.

GAZF

First Grade
My grip is they persist with 'boxes' to make the words more legible.

Yet in this case they made them so small you can't even read what it says but it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I was expecting something clean like the announcement and some bigger number ffs.

BEowoxmCYAEkVif.jpg:large

The terrible design aside; adidas, with its huge resource of typefaces, slaps what looks like helvetica condensed on the back for the numbers. Its just laziness.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Ineptness that secured the clubs future financially before all this speculative ASADA crap with a $300 million dollar development deal? Or perhaps the inept management that has increased membership by about 50% already and we are not yet at the cut off date...

Or perhaps it is the inept management that realises if you sell merchandise before sponsors have signed on, it undervalues the sponsorship deal simply because of the availability of sponsor free merch.

Wanker

Bit touchy there princess...

It's a poor decision whether you like the Sharks or not.