What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipl 2013

jargan83

Coach
I had read that it rated terribly when Ten/One HD. Not sure if this is true

Pretty sure a dispute between BCCI and some media company kept it off Aussie tv last year

Wasn't there a you tube stream of the games last year?

Last edited:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
It's not on TV because no one here cares..

It's like crickets version of Pro Wrestling..

All games are live on the IPL Youtube channel..

griffo346

First Grade
I must be in the minority I actually didn't mind the IPL
From memory the IPL was on fox last year

vvvrulz

Coach
The IPL is disgusting, the entire cricketing world comes to a halt for a couple of months over this utter garbage. It is an annual dead zone for us true cricket fans.

I still believe that it will die a permanent death in a few years, at least internationally.

Patorick

Staff member
I must be in the minority I actually didn't mind the IPL
From memory the IPL was on fox last year
No, that was the Champions League. Fox have the rights to that, but not the IPL.

No one has the free to air or PayTV television rights for the IPL in Australia, but there is a Youtube channel and a legal stream on the Times of India website (if you are desperate).

It sucks, and I'm not defending it, but it's just the way it is.

vvvrulz

Coach
International cricket at least then.
I'm not knocking county cricket but I'm sure many dont really follow it.

Timbo

Staff member
I love county cricket. Go Royals.

I think one of the main reasons we've gotten so bad is that our guys no longer hone their skills there.

Patorick

Staff member
I love county cricket. Go Royals.

I think one of the main reasons we've gotten so bad is that our guys no longer hone their skills there.

Still a few few Aussies signed up to play this year: Rob Quiney, Shaun Tait (t20), Marcus North, Dirk Nannes (t20), Michael Hogan, Michael Klinger, Dan Christian (t20), George Bailey, Simon Katich, Joe Burns, Chris Rogers, Adam Voges (t20), Trent Copeland, Cameron White (t20), Ed Cowan, David Hussey, Ricky Ponting, Steve Magoffin and Phil Jaques.

:sarcasm:

I think it's more because of the packed international and domestic schedule (IPL etc); guys no longer have the time to play as many full county seasons before they start their international career.