What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign Josh Papalii for 2014

parra pete

Referee
Pete has no problem with what Papalii did because he is a Raider, but he did quit the Eels because we had the hide to sack an under performing coach............

An under performing coach...Ooops, he was replaced by a beauty as well.:lol:
And just a week or so after Paul Osborne/Roy Spagnolo had declared he was safe.
I know...and YOU know, that Daniel was sacked two years after the team was beaten in the Grand Final by a salary cap cheating Storm, because of his links with Denis Fitzgerald....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
An under performing coach...Ooops, he was replaced by a beauty as well.:lol:
And just a week or so after Paul Osborne/Roy Spagnolo had declared he was safe.
I know...and YOU know, that Daniel was sacked two years after the team was beaten in the Grand Final by a salary cap cheating Storm, because of his links with Denis Fitzgerald....
We all know what a fan of underperforming coaches you are, i mean you rate David Furner :lol:

I believe Ando should have seen out his contract, but lets face it he left the club in a pretty bad spot, Blame the board all you want but he didn't help himself letting players go without signing anybody. And you have been pissed off with the club since your best maaaaaaate Fitzy got the arse. You just needed an excuse to punt us and Ando's sacking was it. A turncoat and a hypocrite is what you are.

Delboy

First Grade
I know...and YOU know, that Daniel was sacked two years after the team was beaten in the Grand Final by a salary cap cheating Storm, because of his links with Denis Fitzgerald

He was sacked because he had no idea on recruitment (think Poore, Shackleton and Tahu and said Inu, Mateo and Keating were not first graders) and had no idea on junior development.

Unfortunately , your age old conspiracy theory is incorrect

strider

Post Whore
I know...and YOU know, that Daniel was sacked two years after the team was beaten in the Grand Final by a salary cap cheating Storm, because of his links with Denis Fitzgerald

He was sacked because he had no idea on recruitment (think Poore, Shackleton and Tahu and said Inu, Mateo and Keating were not first graders) and had no idea on junior development.

i always find it a bit whacked when people bag DA over his recruitment of Poore and Shack

yes they panned out badly - but they were perfect recruits for us at the time they were signed .... we lacked any size up front big time .... Poore was a SOO rep, Shack had played for City that year and was playing the best of his career .... yes we paid overs, but we had to just like we have to now .... even Tahu looked like a good signing - he was great for us the first time he was here - hell he even ended up in the NSW SOO side

bag DA for being a shit coach and shit at junior development and planning, but I think using Poore, Shack and even Tahu to bag him is pretty daft

born an eel

Bench

and your attempt at rewritting history is incorrect.

it is well documented that half way through the 2010 season he never had control of recruitment. Wasn't Poore a SOO rep the year before?
Where was it documented that he felt Mateo was not first grade standard? He did not thibnk we had room in the cap to pay him $400K+.
Ozzie insisted on not losing Mortimer and as such was no money to keep Keating.
As it was only 3 years ago, I would guess the juniors now coming through were in the system back in his time.

Kornstar

Coach

Poore was a SOO player, what a f*cking stupid coach buying one of them :roll:

Shackleton was a regular first grade player at the Roosters.

Tahu was scouted by our CEO and was a dual international and I think what people forget is that he was in SOO camp when he went nuts, so he was good enough for rep footy, it's not the coach or CEO's fault that he lost it........

Mateo was sooking about his position and wasn't really adding all that much value, I had no problem letting him go. Keating? The same Keating that most rubbished? Yeah, he was a great loss.

Inu was the only player I was sad to see go and would want back.

The funniest thing is that the board and CEO said that it was the coaches decision to let Mateo and Inu go but at the same time they were looking for a new coach and even flew down to meet with Kearney. So they let these 2 "important" players go because a coach they were trying to get rid of wanted rid of them? Something is not quite right there......

Plus Mateo got a massive upgrade, would we really have wanted to pay 400k for a player who is uninterested most of the time?

It's fine for you to blame Ando for keeping Reddy or whatever but don't try and use Poore, Shackleton and Tahu as your reason because they were positions we needed filled and they were capable replacements!

Also, our CEO also threw all his eggs in the Quade Cooper basket and excluded the coach.

Eels Dude

Coach

Funny how the people that you get your information from have shown thenselves to be equally inept yet don't seem to put their hands up and accept some of the blame as to why our once great club is in its current state. They just want to pass the buck it seems. It's also funny that once DA left for the following 2 yearsthe club has still been a joke on and off the field.

It's about time your mates take some responsibility for the situation our club is in as it's in a lot worse state now then it was when DA was at the helm and the Kearney appointment has just taken us 3 to 4 years backwards.

Oh and DA was sacked only one year after making a grand final, not two. Old age is affecting your memory too Delboy.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
We all know what a fan of underperforming coaches you are, i mean you rate David Furner :lol:

I believe Ando should have seen out his contract, but lets face it he left the club in a pretty bad spot, Blame the board all you want but he didn't help himself letting players go without signing anybody. And you have been pissed off with the club since your best maaaaaaate Fitzy got the arse. You just needed an excuse to punt us and Ando's sacking was it. A turncoat and a hypocrite is what you are.

The Assistant Australian coach..is that the bloke you mean?....
Turncoat- hypocrite.....FMD.....you are laughable:lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Assistant Australian coach..is that the bloke you mean?....
Turncoat- hypocrite.....FMD.....you are laughable:lol:
Wow, an assistant coach to a bloke that has been a joke for years, i am soooooooo wrong Furner must be the best young coach running around. i mean an assistant to a senile Tommy Shines must mean you are the top of the tree. Look the genius Hagan is assistant QLD coach and the much vaunted Kearney is an international coach. lol keep clutching Pete, ditching a side after 50 years just because your egotistical mate got the arse. Pathetic, keep biting you turncoat old Merkin........

parra pete

Referee
Wow, an assistant coach to a bloke that has been a joke for years, i am soooooooo wrong Furner must be the best young coach running around. i mean an assistant to a senile Tommy Shines must mean you are the top of the tree. Look the genius Hagan is assistant QLD coach and the much vaunted Kearney is an international coach. lol keep clutching Pete, ditching a side after 50 years just because your egotistical mate got the arse. Pathetic, keep biting you turncoat old Merkin........

You're too simple to even argue with. You seem to live a very sheltered life....Go out and smell the roses, take a walk around a golf course, go to the races occasionally, mate life is too short to have blinkers on and to worry about things you can't do anything to change.
Thank Christ there are people who know more about Rugby League than me and you.
It is JUST a sport to me. If you don't like my views on it..stiff shit....but don't set yourself as the be all and end all of who can coach and who can't coach...just because YOU don't like them. AND yes Fitzy is a mate, who was in charge when the Eels won 4 premierships. He is a good bloke, whether you think he is or not. Calling me a merkin, when you don't know me is a typical response from someone who has no idea...none..

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Can't blame Anderson for the failure of blokes like Shack (never came back the same after his injury) Poore (didn't live up to the hype, had injury problems too) and Tahu (went crazy). They should of been some of the best signings we had made in a while.
But like Delboy said, why the fu*k did he let go of players like Inu, Mateo and Kingston, with the squad we have had since 2010, we could of really used those blokes in the roster.

Anderson probably did not deserve to be sacked when he did, but if we had kept him on it would of just delayed the inevitable IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're too simple to even argue with. You seem to live a very sheltered life....Go out and smell the roses, take a walk around a golf course, go to the races occasionally, mate life is too short to have blinkers on and to worry about things you can't do anything to change.
Thank Christ there are people who know more about Rugby League than me and you.
It is JUST a sport to me. If you don't like my views on it..stiff shit....but don't set yourself as the be all and end all of who can coach and who can't coach...just because YOU don't like them. AND yes Fitzy is a mate, who was in charge when the Eels won 4 premierships. He is a good bloke, whether you think he is or not. Calling me a merkin, when you don't know me is a typical response from someone who has no idea...none..
Blah blah blah!!! You have a sook because i call you a merkin and don't know you but you can judge i live a sheltered life becasue what i post on anonymous internet forum :lol:

You think you know it all because you have been watching the game for 50 years, big deal, i have never seen anyone drop more names than you. The Furners,Mal, Joel Biffo Thompson and lets not forget your best bud Fitzy. who got turfed out in the end because he was an absolute merkin who was hated by 90% of the parra fan base. And you keep biting lol, if it didn't worry you you wouldn't bother. But loyal Pete will stick up for his mates but drop his footy team at th drop of a hat :lol:

parra pete

Referee
Blah blah blah!!! You have a sook because i call you a merkin and don't know you but you can judge i live a sheltered life becasue what i post on anonymous internet forum :lol:

You think you know it all because you have been watching the game for 50 years, big deal, i have never seen anyone drop more names than you. The Furners,Mal, Joel Biffo Thompson and lets not forget your best bud Fitzy. who got turfed out in the end because he was an absolute merkin who was hated by 90% of the parra fan base. And you keep biting lol, if it didn't worry you you wouldn't bother. But loyal Pete will stick up for his mates but drop his footy team at th drop of a hat :lol:

You are a poor hapless joke.... and yes, I will stick up for my mates...as I hope you would also. Mates are mates..that's the way I was raised anyway.
Joel (Biffo) Thompson..never heard him called that before...:lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You are a poor hapless joke.... and yes, I will stick up for my mates...as I hope you would also. Mates are mates..that's the way I was raised anyway.
Joel (Biffo) Thompson..never heard him called that before...:lol:
Hapless joke??? Gee i am shattered being called that by a name dropping know it all.

Isn't time you were tucked into bed with a nice warm cup of cocoa???

I couldn't give a toss what you think of me Pete, but at least i am not a name dropping braggart. I'm just a regular bloke who loves watching footy and supporting his team. Can't say the same for a bitter old Merkin who ditches his team because his best mate was finally punted, At least you stick by your mates better than your footy team. But but but you managed a team back in the early 80's so you know all.........

parra pete

Referee
Hapless joke??? Gee i am shattered being called that by a name dropping know it all.

Isn't time you were tucked into bed with a nice warm cup of cocoa???

I couldn't give a toss what you think of me Pete, but at least i am not a name dropping braggart. I'm just a regular bloke who loves watching footy and supporting his team. Can't say the same for a bitter old Merkin who ditches his team because his best mate was finally punted, At least you stick by your mates better than your footy team. But but but you managed a team back in the early 80's so you know all.........

:lol: Been there, done that...Not a name dropper at all..They are mates who have been great to me over a long period of time.
As I said, football to me is a sport..Can't see any reason at all to get upset over a bunch of overpaid blokes who chop and change teams chasing the almighty dollar.

These are some of the blokes I organised to play in town in 2011...I don't need to name drop.....:lol: I have made many football connections through my football days, through my days as a publican, through my days as a journo, and through my days as an MC at Sporting events. I treat these people as friends, I enjoy their company..and I hope they enjoy mine. I am proud of the people I know. Why wouldn't I be?
View attachment 5601

The squad includes Wilson Lo (Raiders Club doctor) Ben Roarty, Ken Nagas, Marcus Bai, Laurie Daley, Bradley Clyde, Mal Meninga, Matty Geyer, Andrew McFadden, Jason Croker, David Furner, Adam Perry, Grant Hogan (Raiders physio) Artie Beetson (coach) Mark Tookey, Bill Harrigan (referee) Quentin Pongia, Simon Woolford, Shane (Billy) Millard, Gary Belcher.....The team was the last coached by Arthur before he passed away...
Not name dropping..Just proud of my friendship with them.

all stars happy.jpg

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No name dropping at all mate :lol:

I once got Sterlo, Fatty and blockers autograph at the airport. I couldn't get Rabs because he was too pissed :lol:

Top that :p