What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Advocate

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Curious to find out if anyone read the story in the Blacktown Advocate on a young African fella who plays in one of our rep sides, apparently can play and built like a " brick shit house" with some potential was liking what I was reading, until the bit that said his dream is to play for West Tiger, well done Parra, :roll:

Chipmunk

Coach
Im curious to know if the Advocate described him as a "Built like a Brick S%^t house African"

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Well how do you know he is African and built like a brick s%^t house?

Because there was a pic along with a story mate u either read the story or not, Im sorry I f**ke n posted anything,fair dinkum, u can carry on champ Im not goin to bother with ur smart ass comments.

jimmy77au

Juniors
You mean this article?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...uture-in-the-nrl/story-fngr8i7q-1226626829432

Junior Sports Star nominee, Samuel Karwhin, plans for a future in the NRL
PETER THEODOSIOU BLACKTOWN ADVOCATE APRIL 23, 2013 9:22AM

Samuel Karwhin, 12, has proved a tryscoring machine for Blacktown PCYC rugby league club. Picture: Peter Kelly. Source: NewsLocal

Samuel Karwhin, 12, has proved a tryscoring machine for Blacktown PCYC rugby league club. Picture: Peter Kelly. Source: NewsLocal
FINDING a gap in the opposition team's defence is the speciality of rugby league speedster Samuel Karwhin.

The 11-year-old fullback scored more than 40 tries and saved countless more for the Blacktown PCYC under-12 side last season.

His efforts won him a scholarship at Patrician Brothers' College, Blacktown, where he is a year 7 student.

"I just like to play," the Doonside youngster said.

"My favourite player is Ben Barba because he plays fullback really well. It's not always about speed but it's about training hard. I really want to make it in the NRL."

Samuel and his family migrated from Liberia in 2005 and his brother Obed was recently selected for the under-17 Parramatta Eels development squad.

PCYC rugby league president Stephen Warwick said Samuel's style of play reminded him of former Melbourne Storm speedster Marcus Bai.

"He's been here since under 8s and he has played a year above himself every year," Warwick said.

"Anything he puts his mind to he just excels at.

"He's a champion athlete and a great footy player. He has been loyal to the club, this is his sixth year."

More than 50 players of African descent play in the Blacktown PCYC's nine grades.

Samuel is this week's Blacktown Advocate Junior Sports Star award nominee.

The awards are sponsored by Rebel and are open to athletes aged between 10 and 16, who have the chance to win $1000. See a nomination form on this page.

Chipmunk

Coach
Because there was a pic along with a story mate u either read the story or not, Im sorry I f**ke n posted anything,fair dinkum, u can carry on champ Im not goin to bother with ur smart ass comments.

Mate dont take things so seriously, I was only mucking around

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
You mean this article?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...uture-in-the-nrl/story-fngr8i7q-1226626829432

Junior Sports Star nominee, Samuel Karwhin, plans for a future in the NRL
PETER THEODOSIOU BLACKTOWN ADVOCATE APRIL 23, 2013 9:22AM

FINDING a gap in the opposition team's defence is the speciality of rugby league speedster Samuel Karwhin.

The 11-year-old fullback scored more than 40 tries and saved countless more for the Blacktown PCYC under-12 side last season.

His efforts won him a scholarship at Patrician Brothers' College, Blacktown, where he is a year 7 student.

"I just like to play," the Doonside youngster said.

"My favourite player is Ben Barba because he plays fullback really well. It's not always about speed but it's about training hard. I really want to make it in the NRL."

Samuel and his family migrated from Liberia in 2005 and his brother Obed was recently selected for the under-17 Parramatta Eels development squad.

PCYC rugby league president Stephen Warwick said Samuel's style of play reminded him of former Melbourne Storm speedster Marcus Bai.

"He's been here since under 8s and he has played a year above himself every year," Warwick said.

"Anything he puts his mind to he just excels at.

"He's a champion athlete and a great footy player. He has been loyal to the club, this is his sixth year."

More than 50 players of African descent play in the Blacktown PCYC's nine grades.

Samuel is this week's Blacktown Advocate Junior Sports Star award nominee.

The awards are sponsored by Rebel and are open to athletes aged between 10 and 16, who have the chance to win $1000. See a nomination form on this page.

Thanks Jimmy, but the add was in the Blacktown Advocate which mentioned him wanting to play with tigers 1 day.

bartman

Immortal
He's 12 years old.... hardly anyone goes on to achieve their dreams from when they are 12 years old, since our dreams often change.

Delboy

First Grade
Put it this way, very talented and very aggressive, seen him play a couple of times. Smashed boys his own age, intersting if he stays that mean and nasty as he gets older

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Was he one of the youngsters who was in that story on the Game plan????

It was great to see all these youngsters and what RL was doing for them.

Latest posts