What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Mortimer for Gold Logie

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You're a shit stirrer, Porle....!!!! :lol:
One got the team into a Grand Final, the other couldn't...despite having better cattle under him...

You would be the only NRL fan in the world who would suggest that Dan Mortimer got Parra into the 2009 GF. There was a guy with a 1 on his back that went alright that season.

spiderdan

Bench
Mortimer is doing the same thing in 2013 as he did in 2009, that being he's playing well because the team around him is confident and playing well. If he was with us last year or this year we'd all still be wanting him gone because he's the type of player that lifts when his team does, not vice versa.

byrner

Juniors
You would be the only NRL fan in the world who would suggest that Dan Mortimer got Parra into the 2009 GF. There was a guy with a 1 on his back that went alright that season.

I dont know Garry. There where a few Parra fans acting like he was the mesiah

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I was one. It just looked like he needed to develop a little bit of extra something and he would turn into a quality first grader. That was at 19 years of age.

Turns out that something was ability, and at 24 years of age he still doesn't have any more than he did in 2009.

His zero LBAs in 2009 intrigued me, and by 2011 I was convinced that LBAs are what it's all about. That said, Adam Reynolds only had two LBAs all last year, and he's on f**k all this year, and every merkin is talking him up as a future Origin star.

But when have we ever seen Reynolds play behind a pack that wasn't dominating their opposition? Sandow was even better for Souths than Reynolds, and he certainly isn't having the same impact for Parra.

strider

Post Whore
i don't give a f**k what any of you merkins say, morts was one of our top 5 players in 09

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i don't give a f**k what any of you merkins say, morts was one of our top 5 players in 09

Hayne
Mateo
Hindmarsh
Moimoi
Cayless
Grothe
Inu
Mannah

I would probably put Galuvao ahead of him too. But Morts was very good in 2009. Shows how the quality of a support player's performance is proportional to the quality of his teammates.

Billy Slater is a good player but I doubt he would even have played Origin if he'd been at our club the past few years.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I'm sure a couple of people got excited about Morts but it was Jarryd's efforts that would have made people jizz their pants.

In fact, even when people were caught up in "Morts Fever" I doubt they would have been thinking that it was him that got them to the GF.

Springs

First Grade
Inu had a few injuries as well. Mortimer and Robson were great in 09. He could have been a great 14 if we kept him. Definitely a better player than Kelly, Sandow, Roberts or Keating.

LOL@Pou saying Sandow was better for Souths than Reynolds. Sandow played behind a great pack that regularly dominated the opposition. Fact is he is a shit half that has built a reputation on intercepts and chip-and-chases. Somehow that warranted ridiculous money and now he has been found out playing behind a far worse pack.

People can keep saying it was only Hayne in 2009, but if it was only Hayne we'd probably be up there this year as well. His form this year has been really good, especially his defence. If he had the 09 team playing well around him we'd be up there again.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Poupou Escobar said:
Billy Slater is a good player but I doubt he would even have played Origin if he'd been at our club the past few years.

What if he was playing at Parramatta and was from NSW? Would he have made origin then?

strider

Post Whore
Hayne
Mateo
Hindmarsh
Moimoi
Cayless
Grothe
Inu
Mannah

I would probably put Galuvao ahead of him too. But Morts was very good in 2009. Shows how the quality of a support player's performance is proportional to the quality of his teammates.

you're just picking random names out your bum .... mateo and inu missed games through injury - mannah was still new on the scene - grothe was very good when he wasn't bad, lol

Hayne
Moimoi
Hindy

these 3 definitely better .... morts, caylo, grothe probably next on the ladder

Springs

First Grade
Grothe gets a few more points for his great performance in the GF. Other than that he was back to his form that saw him in the top few wingers in the world. And even that doesn't come close to what form other members of the team were in.

Ando gets shit for saying he didn't know how the team suddenly played so well. The thing is no one knows. Every player in the team clicked at the same time in a way that hasn't really been seen anywhere else. And a team that had so many players that were considered hopeless or have been considered hopeless since: Burt, Reddy, Inu, Grothe, Mortimer, Robson, Keating, B. Smith, Lowrie, Galuvao.