What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pearce never to be blue again

Maloney gave away the penalty that QLD kicked for goal and Farah stood there watching Thurston fall past him for the first try like he did against Fifita.

Don't forget when we had J Morris & McManus in open space Dugan failed to get the ball away or Robbie Farah's woeful pass out of dummy half that turned over possession after a few sets on their line.

Aaron Woods was scares shitless, again

Hoffman a nuffy.

All Pearce's fault :lol:

The hate for the guy is unreal. It's real life hatred that keeps people awake at night. Even I didn't hate Anasta this much, I was at least hoping he would pull it out of his arse and do something.

Pearce isn't the guy to beat this Queensland team but no one is right now and the guy gave everything he had and if he were a Queenslander we'd be talking about the passion he has

We've lost the last 2 series by 1 and 2 points. You only have to look at how many times Qld stop a NSW try by sheer next level desperation to see they're no ordinary rugby league team.

grouch

First Grade
Pearce isn't the guy to beat this Queensland team but no one is right now and the guy gave everything he had and if he were a Queenslander we'd be talking about the passion he has
It's true. The guy has a lot of passion for Queensland.

1000562_533785130008285_1713110164_n.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
Maloney gave away the penalty that QLD kicked for goal and Farah stood there watching Thurston fall past him for the first try like he did against Fifita.

Don't forget when we had J Morris & McManus in open space Dugan failed to get the ball away or Robbie Farah's woeful pass out of dummy half that turned over possession after a few sets on their line.

Aaron Woods was scares shitless, again

Hoffman a nuffy.

All Pearce's fault :lol:

The hate for the guy is unreal. It's real life hatred that keeps people awake at night. Even I didn't hate Anasta this much, I was at least hoping he would pull it out of his arse and do something.

We've lost the last 2 series by 1 and 2 points. You only have to look at how many times Qld stop a NSW try by sheer next level desperation to see they're no ordinary rugby league team.

I think you're forgetting that PEARCE THREW A BAD PASS ONCE WHAT A merkin

aqua_duck

Coach
I like Pearce, I defended his selection this year, still think he's more than capable at NRL level but he just hasn't got that extra bit if class about him that is needed to succeed at origin level. He's tough , a great defender and runs the ball well but his execution at vital stages often lets him down

Big Sam

First Grade
Are you Rorters fans now worried that your halves won't handle the heat come September?

After all Finals and Origin are of a similar standard...

adamkungl

Immortal
Are you Rorters fans now worried that your halves won't handle the heat come September?

After all Finals and Origin are of a similar standard...

:lol: bitch please. You lot are going into the finals with the longest standing losing culture of any club in history. We'll see who's still standing in october

Mr Saab

Referee
I think you're forgetting that PEARCE THREW A BAD PASS ONCE WHAT A merkin

No. i think you are forgetting that he failed to have one repeat set / try assist / line break assist / try in any game this origin series...nothing, nudda, zip.

Mitchell runs to the line, thinks "what the ef do i do here" and puts in a nothing grubber that results in QLD getting the ball back.

He is not up the rep standard.

Mr Saab

Referee
True, but you had an elite team (more elite than the current one) in 2003/4 and Finch was there....what happened again?

grouch

First Grade
Pearce and Maloney have failed in grand finals before. And obviously being together didn't help overcome the choke-reflex in Origin

H.H

Juniors
I like Pearce, I defended his selection this year, still think he's more than capable at NRL level but he just hasn't got that extra bit if class about him that is needed to succeed at origin level. He's tough , a great defender and runs the ball well but his execution at vital stages often lets him down
I think even us Roosters would agree with this.

It's the attacks on him that I can't cop. I heard something sbout some dedicated hate pages being set up on Facebook or something.

F**king disgusting and a sad indictment on humanity.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I agree with this...can't believe the way he's singled out. Not saying he was good and yeah he's missed his chance and will probably be gone but far out there were some others.

Farrah deadset killed us at times - completely overplayed his hand. Dugan was very good, but had a couple of howlers by not pasing when 3 on 1 (created by Pearce's quick hands) and dropping the Fifita offload.

Hoffman and Jennings also made some crucial errors.

Anyway, he's probably done at this level but I genuinly feel for the kid. He's gutted and unlike most cowards on this forum he's put himslef on the line in front of 84k at the ground and nearly 5m on tv and been absolutely crucified in public...mostly by nuffies who will necver achieve 1% of what he has.

Rant over.
I feel sorry for Pearce, he's a good kid and can create line-break assists through his great passing game all day it's just his kicking that is poor lately. Everyone bags him because of Origin but the fact remains that he's a great club player.

legend

Coach
He's not rep standard and we don't have to beat Queensland to win the comp so that point is irrelevant.

That may be true but a GF is a high pressure game and it's blatantly obvious he shits himself in the big games.

Maloney is just as geniused as Pearce. The pair of them were the reason NSW lost. Yes, other players made a mistake but Pearce has a lowlights reel that will haunt him for the rest of his playing days, at least. As for Maloney, he gave away two points with a high risk, low percentage play. f**ken idiot!

legend

Coach
I feel sorry for Pearce, he's a good kid and can create line-break assists through his great passing game all day it's just his kicking that is poor lately. Everyone bags him because of Origin but the fact remains that he's a great club player.

He's a loser. Never won anything in the NRL and never will. If I were the Roosters, I'd be hitching my wagon to a different horse.

He's 24 you dumb merkin :lol:

100% spot on. He's not rep quality I can cop that but that's okay At the Roosters we don't need him to be rep standard anyway.

Edit

RE: kicking game.

His long kicking game is fine. His short kicking game leaves a lot to be desired but our structure doesn't require one. In the opposition 20 we more often than not score tries. His bombs put opposition teams under pressure for the territory game.

He's not perfect but he's ours and we're doing great with him in the team while nuffies like Canberra can barely string together 10 minutes of football together.

Last edited: