What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Round 4 :: Titans vs Ninjas

Titanic

First Grade
Yes sorry all, largely my fault ... I was hosting a dinner for a visiting university, posted early myself and had passed the baton to Misanthrope as I ran out the door. I hadn't heard from TTL up until then so I had given instructions for Chris to call bgdc who was on standby if it got too close. I suppose 6 articles should guarantee a win :) just kidding. We certainly all know the rules and will happily accept whatever decision the ref makes. Apologies again for the controversy.

jamesgould

Juniors
The Ninjas are perfectly happy to allow bgdc's article to be marked as the fifth.

We've had enough problems getting five articles in this season, we know how it feels!

Titanic

First Grade
Just for the record and by way of explanation ... not whingeing or the like, we will happily concur with the referee's decision:

TTL's late posting was due to issues with the Official Word Counter and I think that he wasn't the only one. I certainly wasn't able to use it as evidenced by the lack of reference to it in my posting. In cases like this I would normally have communicated with the referee both on this issue and the subbing of my team but as already explained I was otherwise engaged.

TITANS 437

TITANIC - 1 IS GREATER THAN 22
Very well written from a historical perspective.

MADUNIT - READING BETWEEN THE LINES
Probably the best recount of events I've read about the guy.

AMADEAN - AN ECONOMIST'S GUIDE TO THE COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS OF BENJI MARSHALL'S DEPARTURE
HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME RE-WRITE THAT LONG ASS TITLE.
Very in-depth on the effect on the game. How some people manage to get so much in 750 words.

MISANTHROPE - A WOODEN SPOON BY ANY OTHER NAME
I thought at first this could be statistics-based, but I have always loved the Wooden Spoon birth. Well written.

BGDC - SPLIT SECONDS
I am the one always making controversial decisions, but with the Ninjas allowing it, this article will be marked. To the sixth article, please have it resubmitted in later rounds.
Oh, I liked the article. Great job!

NINJAS 436

FRANK GRIMES - THE MAGIC OF EXECUTION
Enjoyed reading this one, Origin is making me slightly depressed. Love the Machine reference too!

JAMESGOULD - WATI
Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

GUT - A LIFE IN LEAGUE PT3
The start of the article, as an article marked on it's own merit, was always going to be risky. Good job overall.

EDABOMB - HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS
Interesting ideas and a well written report.

EOZSMILES - THE CIRCUS LEAVES TOWN
Warriors are the only chance we've got of bringing back the circus. Oh what am I kidding...

Incredible game, two teams who have upped the game here. Well done.

POTM - Jamesgould

Also, the Spirit Of The Game award may have already been awarded. Fantastic sportsmanship by Jamesgould and the Ninjas.

jamesgould

Juniors
Thanks for the marking ref!

Well done Titans, a great game, you guys never deserved to lose out because you were unable to get a post in saying a sub had been made though.

Ninjas, I think that's the end of our semi hopes, but I'm so happy we got five real high quality articles in. We did Mr Norris proud with that one. One game to go, watch out Saints!!!

Titanic

First Grade
Ninjas, thanks for the humbling show of sportsmanship and I am sure all the Titans would join me in recognising that your attitude breathes life into the notion that the "enjoyment of the game is far larger than the result".

Titans, 6 in lieu of 5 means next week we'll need to take our shoes off to count ... great efforts all round.

NT thanks for the marking and I realise how complex decisions can be in this type of environment.

Monk

Referee
NT you BP whore.

Backpacker Award Points

3pts : 89 : - jamesgould
2pts : 88 : - edabomb, madunit, titanic
1pts : 87 : - Amadean, Misanthrope, bdgc, eozsmiles

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thanks to the Ninjas for the display of sportsmanship and the bloody close game. Thanks also to NT for marking.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Big thanks to the Ninja's here. well deserved POTM to jamesgould too, top article mate

Amadean

Juniors
Oh, and NT? Long Title? Bah! You really don't know how lucky you are. Draft title of my current working paper: "Wealth effects or Yen depreciation? A time-varying analysis of structural drivers in Japanese private fixed investment."

Latest posts