What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Playing Roster

emjaycee

Coach
Based on the EMD from the former CEO one month ago today and what I have seen posted since, I have us with an "official" squad for 2014 of 37 currently. This is still including the ones we think have signed elsewhere such as Reni and Blair.

Anybody got any updates to this?

2014 PLAYER LIST @ 5th August 2013:
Will Hopoate
Corey Norman
Gareth Hock (may not be coming)
Lee Mossop
Manu Mau
Jarryd Hayne
Jacob Loko
Mitchell Allgood
Ryan Morgan
Kelepi Tanginoa
Kaysa Pritchard
Peni Terepo
Junior Paulo
Pauli Pauli
Zach-Dockar Clay
Tyrell Fuimaino
Tepai Moeroa
Joseph Ualesi
Daniel Alvaro
Reni Maitua (Doggies bound?)
Ben Smith (may retire)
Luke Kelly
Api Pewhairangi
Cheyse Blair (Manly bound?)
Daniel Harrison
Lorenzo Maafu
Tim Mannah
Darcy Lussick
Fuifui Moimoi
Ken Sio
Joseph Paulo
Brayden Wiliame
Chris Sandow
Jake Mullaney
Ken Edwards
Nathan Peats
Brendan Santi

Take away the 4 I have commented on and we are at 33.
Not much room to move on any more signings.

eel01s

Bench
I was told that two more signings will be announced this week, so to me that implies that other players listed there will not be around in 2014.

Someone

Bench
Id say out :

Maitua
Blair
Smith

In:
Outside back (J.Hunt?)
??

Id love to see Sandow and 'Seffa' Paulo move on, and spend that money to buy a decent 7. then we'd be a top 4 side easy for 2015.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Zach-Dockar Clay
Tyrell Fuimaino
Tepai Moeroa
Pauli Pauli

These players Could be on u20 contracts thus we may have some room to add more then two players to our squad

Also you would think semi would be resigned

Last edited:

jason taylor

Bench
Id say out :

Maitua
Blair
Smith

In:
Outside back (J.Hunt?)
??

Id love to see Sandow and 'Seffa' Paulo move on, and spend that money to buy a decent 7. then we'd be a top 4 side easy for 2015.

Sandow is a decent half back though, it's not like he's the worst half back in the league atm.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
A lot of people don't rate him, but I think Luke Walsh is better than a lot of halfbacks floating around. I wonder how much he's getting to head to the UK ... I bet he'd take a bit less to stay in Australia.

jason taylor

Bench
who is worse than Sandow ?

Talent wise? Off the top of my head I'd put Robson, McCrone, Wallace. Ben Hunt, Sam Williams, Nathan Fien, Luke Walsh, Robert Lui all below Sandow.

Walsh is going to the UK because he's been at Penrith for years now and has failed to impress. People only rate him now because he has hit a purple patch in form. He has never proven to be a consistent number 7. It's similar to Ben Robert's 2009 form.

Avenger

Immortal
Matt Prior would be an awesome signing for the right price. He is experienced, has size and is versatile. If we do sign him the Hock reneging rumours may be true.

Chipmunk

Coach
Talent wise? Off the top of my head I'd put Robson, McCrone, Wallace. Ben Hunt, Sam Williams, Nathan Fien, Luke Walsh, Robert Lui all below Sandow.

Walsh is going to the UK because he's been at Penrith for years now and has failed to impress. People only rate him now because he has hit a purple patch in form. He has never proven to be a consistent number 7. It's similar to Ben Robert's 2009 form.

If Rugby League players were considered 'best' on talent alone Ben Roberts would have been one of the NRLs fines, Doesnt mean they are a good player because they have plenty of talent. Sandow being another case in point

Parra Pride

Coach
Matt Prior would be an awesome signing for the right price. He is experienced, has size and is versatile. If we do sign him the Hock reneging rumours may be true.

Matt Prior isn't a mad merkin like Hock though. I'd be pretty damn disappointed if Hock doesn't come.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'd be happy with Matt Prior provided he stays well away from f**king centre.

Will be disappointed if we don't get Hock but if he doesn't want to be here than we don't need to force him.

Jodeci

Bench

Prior will be at Parra next year

This was confirmed to me by an official at the Dogs vs Dragons game unless he decides to do a Papalii.

parra pete

Referee
Prior will be at Parra next year

This was confirmed to me by an official at the Dogs vs Dragons game unless he decides to do a Papalii.

Josh Papalli had the right to reject the Eels contract BEFORE Round 13..which he did. The Eels should have kept quiet about it....
Dems da rools...

Jodeci

Bench
Josh Papalli had the right to reject the Eels contract BEFORE Round 13..which he did. The Eels should have kept quiet about it....
Dems da rools...

Absolutely spot on

We shouldn't have announced anything with Papalii

Learning curve for the club

Suitman

Post Whore
Dems da rools...

You're the one always going on about how little contracts mean these days. One of your golden boys signed one. Then shat on it.
So, I suppose you are right.

Suity