What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd (not a troll thread)

Raider_69

Post Whore
I promise ill be quick, and im not trolling, genuinely interested in hearing what you guys think of this bloke?

I honestly can not believe his work for the knights, total and utter pretender, and he's getting paid huge bucks. The difference in performance from SOO and games around it, to now is absolutely staggering. He has probably played like 5-6 genuinely good games for the knights that ive seen, and been a total passenger in the rest.

One wonders what kind of football team you could be with a fullback who actually had a f**king go every week... I recon you'd be better of shipping Boyd out and going with Kev Naiqama (sp?)

Am i being harsh? Is it just my knights hatred? Or is he wearing thin on knights fans too?

Edit: lets just assume for the sake of discussion that the raiders are the only side worse than parramatta this year, i know we stink, so no point telling me again :lol:

perverse

Referee
Nope, I agree with you completely. We all had mixed feelings about Kevin moving on, and we probably gave Darius the benefit of the doubt last year because he was in a team that didn't have a go around him. Now he's turned into the primary culprit, with the rest of the team busting their gut and him seemingly totally careless. He's worn me down this year and I've had it with him. I don't know how much longer Bennett can persist with him like this.

I agree with you.
Seems he thinks he is just out there to a do a job and will only put enough effort to achieve that which isn't enough for us.
I don't think he has any team spirit although have been surprised lately to see him involved in team celebrations.
Boyd needs some time in NSW Cup.

perverse

Referee
Yeah, he seems delighted with the absolute bare minimum that he need to do for us to function. There's never any additional effort.

Rod

Bench
In my opinion, people don't like him as a person and as a result he gets unfairly singled out for criticism. What did he do today that was so bad? His work in attack wasn't the best, he could have straightened us up a couple of times but apart from that I don't see it.

But it's not like he was any worse, than say, McManus was today. But everyone loves Jimmy Mac.....

I compare Boyd to how Gidley gets viewed. It only takes one mistake for everyone to jump on board and say how shit he is.

Boyd has been better for us than you say Raider. Not as good as I had hoped but still not terrible. He picked up his form about halfway through last year and since then I would describe him as being ok with flashes of really good stuff. He's third behind Mullen and Snowden in the Dally M count as far as Knights players go so he is doing some good stuff.

The biggest problem I have with him is that the money he is on, we are entitled to a bit better from him considering what we are paying him.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
People single him out because he's on premium wage and delivering barely passable performance.

Rod

Bench
Yeah I just edited my previous post to include the wage thing, it's fair enough to expect a bit more considering what he gets paid, I agree with that side of it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He's third behind Mullen and Snowden in the Dally M count as far as Knights players go so he is doing some good stuff.

Id be interested to know his breakdown of points. Im tipping he has a few 3 point games and not many, if any 1-2 pointers

He seems to me to be either white hot (maybe 4-5 times a year at club level) or completely uninterested.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Fair dinkum, he crabbed across field more than George Carmont in his hey day today. Some truly bizarre back-pedalling as well. Absolute waste of space.

Give Kev the #1.

Apey

Staff member
Has some great touches in setting up tries for us every now and then.

Besides that, he's performing way, way below his $$$ packet.

Fire

First Grade
Darius is a weak man.

Brought down from Broncos to play fullback (much like Beale, however, Beale is just ordinary - but still a decent human).

Darius is weak-willed, and the rest of the Saints team carried him.

Hey, no beef intended, if Darius can bring you a comp, good luck guys. But he's a weakling - the only player I'm happy to see gone from 2010.

Noname36

First Grade
Yeah, he seems delighted with the absolute bare minimum that he need to do for us to function. There's never any additional effort.

My thoughts exactly.

Looking back I think he was so potent for Saints because he needed to be. He was their creative spark. If he didn't get involved they didn't score. Simple as that. I think here he's realised that he can get away with doing the bare minimum and as a result is happy to just sit back while Mullo is left to create everything. And that's what bugs me the most. Everyone is saying that we need an additional point of attack order for us to compete with the top 4 sides, but to me we don't...Boyd could easily be that player. His payslip says that he should be that player...and yet he's happy to just sit back and get the glory of catching Mullo's chip kicks rather than put in to actually help the side go to another level.

I almost had a heart attack when Bennett was interviewed earlier in the week and said that Boyd was extremely happy here and would most likely want to stay on after his contract ends. Not bloody likely. I'm sick of him mooching off Mullen and the Qld backline and assuming he doesn't have to do anything else.

Swarzey

Bench
You're absolutely right. He's a f**king waste of space and it's absolutely frustrating as a supporter to know we have blokes who will give it their all sitting in reserve grade and Gidley who, despite what people say, would give his heart for the club and has done so throughout his career. All Boyd does is gives us a little taste of what he can do, and then for the next 4/5 games, does nothing.

If Boyd stays after Bennett leaves, which I highly f**king doubt, he better pull his finger out.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Hes a mercenary and hes playing like one, none of us should be too surprised. Its clear he doesnt care about the colours he wears nor the ground he plays at each home game.

I dont think he has been all that bad lately, however much more is expected of a marquee player.

I know he is capable of more and Im just praying it will come out in the coming weeks. Patience is wearing thin though

Frederick

Staff member
Last year, when a ball was kicked his way, he would attack it and run it back.

Beginning of this year, he changed things up, and whenever a ball was kicked his way, he would attack it, but then immediately pass to one of the wingers.

Now he doesn't even f**king attack it. He just watches as it bounces near him, then leaves it for the wingers.

He straight up doesn't give a shit. I won't be sorry to see the back of him when his contract is up.

Nuffy

Bench
Whether I think he is just doing the bare minimum , which I think he is, I am more concerned about Bennett's attitude to it, does he accept it?

Surely Bennett should be giving him a rocket?

orochimaru

Juniors
I agree, I was quite excited when he was signed, but now that excite has just turned into a sigh, I would prefer it for him to be moved onto the wing, and Gagai to fullback with Uate moving into the centers.

1. Gagai
2. Boyd
3. Uate
4. Leilua
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Dobson
9. Gidley