What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'd take Hages on a 1 year contract with no chance of extension, and no say in recruitment or retention, and IF I already had a top 8 side.

The man is a smart tactical coach who knows how to exploit other teams weaknesses. But he just destroys clubs with his recruitment.

oldmancraigy

Coach
On Stuart - could care less if he left, wasn't happy way back when we signed him. Cannot for the life of me see why the Raiders would offer him a 7 year $7m dollar deal though...

amcoglory

Juniors
It will be the best thing that happened to you guys this year if he goes.

but he will have sacked half the team and bought some more no names to the club

he sure would have left his mark on the eels

Ratchy

Juniors
well he goes now after 1 year his name is mud in my book and i hope he enjoys his time at the raiders because no one else would touch him after doing the dirty on us after one year.

I find it hard to believe he would leave Sydney anyway considering one of the things he said in a press conference at the Parramatta signing presser about not leaving Sydney cause his family was settled there.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Both are no chance of coming

I said it about 6 years or so ago when Bennett was at teh Bronco's, i said offer him whatever he wants to get him, here, everyone said he would never leave, funny how things work out....

You offer them a big deal they will listen - money talks.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
oh please let this be true, hell i would take JT back on a one year deal or Brian Smith over the myth stuart.

bartman

Immortal
Triple M reporting Stuart & the Raiders have not spoken at all
Ah, the Footy Show with another scoop then :lol:.

If Canberra want Stuart long term, they'd be better off persisting with an acting coach situation (Dunneman?) with a one year contract into 2014. Then if Sticky's performance in his second year with the Eels next year doesn't improve as intended, then they make their long term offer to him then, and it would sound like all parties would be happy with the outcome?

But Sticky (and our club) need to honour the second year of a three year contract, see if the performance improves... If we're happy with how things are doing by midway next season, offer a contract extension and Canberra can go eslewhere. But if nothing is doing for the eels by mid-way next year, then our club starts its usual moves to find someone to follow on after Sticky, and Sticky can start his individual moves to tie up a job post-Parra - and if all that happens one year early toward the end so be it!

Ratchy

Juniors
I said it about 6 years or so ago when Bennett was at teh Bronco's, i said offer him whatever he wants to get him, here, everyone said he would never leave, funny how things work out....

You offer them a big deal they will listen - money talks.

Bennett would never come to Parramatta no matter much he is offered nor would he 6 years ago either. The bloke wouldn't want to deal with the shit and politics in the joint.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It will be the best thing that happened to you guys this year if he goes.

but he will have sacked half the team and bought some more no names to the club

he sure would have left his mark on the eels

I'm not sure you're familiar with the blokes who got sacked?

They were capital no-names. At least some of the "no-names" he's brought to the club for next season are actually decent football players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you were Sticky would you take a seven year contract from a club with a history of sticking by its coaches? Knowing Parra's form he could be gone this time next year and his career over.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So everyone believes the footy show?

No, I don't think it is that simple.

If something gets reported then I suspect that this forum is designed to be a place where people can discuss what has been reported. Just because someone partakes in that discussion it doesn't mean that people 'believe' what gets reported.

I also find it funny that people would try and use this to prove a point that the Footy Show talk gibber. ALL TV shows, news paper articles and magazines deal in gibber designed to get us talking. If you were to average out the accuracy of all league rumours printed or discussed in the media it would be pretty f**king low.

Latest posts