What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

hindy111

Post Whore
Im loosing faith in Ricky mainly cause we should of been told to play jungle ball by about rnd 14.Instead we stuck to our boring game plan and got toweled up nearly every week.

Avenger

Immortal
The answers to your first three questions need to come from the players themselves.

I suspect the answer to your last question is something like "because we don't have any other f**king genuine first graders to choose from".

Ricky is more accountable. That's what coaching is about.

Chipmunk

Coach
Ive come to the decision that if Stuart would rather be at the Raiders then let him go. If he is committed to Parra long term then let him stay.

We are not in a position to have a coach that isnt 100% wanting to be here (like Hagan in 2008)

Avenger

Immortal
Ive come to the decision that if Stuart would rather be at the Raiders then let him go. If he is committed to Parra long term then let him stay.

We are not in a position to have a coach that isnt 100% wanting to be here (like Hagan in 2008)

Probably the best post so far, however I'd still push him if he even hinted that he was asked.

I'd seriously consider Jason Taylor. His passion is there. I remember him elevating Souths from a bottom feeder club into the top 8 for the first time in a long time. It boosted their morale.

Djay

Juniors
Stuart's a myth of a coach, if he wants to go they should open the door for him. No one else would get away with what his done this year. f**king disgrace.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ricky is more accountable. That's what coaching is about.

Personally I think that is f**ked and represents everything wrong with the current bunch of pea hearted woofters that call themselves rugby league players these days.

The rate at which coaches are being sacked in the NRL is not healthy. These days it is easier for a bunch of nancy players to front the board and force a coach out because a club would rather replace a coach than 6-8 players. Fans seem to have started to reflect this position.

Take what is alleged to have happened to Dave Furner. F**king disgraceful.

Ricky hasn't set the world alight this year but he is dealing with absolutely hopeless f**king nuffies that would deadset struggle to put their f**king pants on without starting to cry like school children.

strider

Post Whore
i always thought ricky's biggest positive as a coach was that he could motivate

fmd - couldn't have done worse at that this year if he had tried!!

Joely01

Bench
Very accountable but what's happened with them? Why aren't they tackling? Why is there no urgency? Why does Stuart keep picking them?

Because the players do not care! They know they will get there pay check and play first grade due to either injuries or no one better in reserves. Who's fault is that? SK.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Because the players do not care! They know they will get there pay check and play first grade due to either injuries or no one better in reserves. Who's fault is that? SK.

Agreed.

Problem is that people want someone to blame. However, the reality is that everyone is accountable - the board, our coach and our players have all been pretty ordinary.

For us to improve on the field we need improvements from all of these people.

Avenger

Immortal

The coach should make them care and motivate them. That is also part of his job.

strider

Post Whore

big part of the coach's job is to make them care

i think our players do care - they are just plain de-moralised ... partly by their own leader (ie coach) putting them down publicly from the get go

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The coach should make them care and motivate them. That is also part of his job.

You said before that you manage 150 people at work. When you have managed an absolute deadshit with no idea who hasn't shown any signs of improvement at their job do you blame yourself?

Be honest.

Eelogical

Referee
11 September 2012
Ricky Stuart to Eels: ‘Buy into what I’m doing”
BY Michael Chammas, Sydney Morning Herald – September 11, 2012
Ricky Stuart began his Parramatta rescue mission yesterday with a simple message for his new players: ”Buy into what I’m doing.”
On day one of the Stuart regime, those were the words the former NSW coach was drumming into his players, who’ve given up their post-season holidays to begin training two months early.
It was the start of a new era – Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt didn’t lob for day one of pre-season for the first time since 1997.
But at the helm was a man, described by the club as ”the best signing since Gibson”, intent on returning the club to its glory days.
Advertisement
Stuart used yesterday to get to know the players, elaborating on his expectations and demands as a coach. One Eels insider told the Herald he was ”honest and upfront” on his first official day in charge.
Stuart didn’t waste any time emphasising what he considers an important part of the Eels’ evolution.
Parramatta, the worst defensive team in the competition this season, focused on defence in their first session under Stuart, gaining an understanding of the structure the former Cronulla and Sydney Roosters coach wants to adopt.
The players said there was a sense of excitement at training yesterday, with veteran Reni Maitua and fullback Jarryd Hayne taking to Twitter to express their feelings.
”First day back at Training. #3weektrainingblock first run in 6weeks on the #SpaceTredmill. Exciting times !!!!” Hayne said.
Maitua was more concerned about how his body would hold up after a week of celebrations.
”Day 1 of preseason begins. After a week of festivities, let see how the body feels #nopainnogain #noretreatnosurrender,” Maitua said.

strider

Post Whore
Agreed.

Problem is that people want someone to blame. However, the reality is that everyone is accountable - the board, our coach and our players have all been pretty ordinary.

of course everyone is accountable .... blame sits on all of them

and we'll start solving the dilemma by letting the lame coach walk :thumn

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Agreed.

I've never seen Stuart hold himself accountable for anything . As far as he's concerned it's not he's fault we are bad it's the fault of 12 other blokes .

Loudstrat

Coach
Just a reminder - this thread started as a result of rumours that Stuart may be going elsewhere, not rumours that we are sacking him.

This is important context that anyone reading your post should consider.
True. I was thinking more of those that wanted Sticky gone in favour of Brian Smith

That means shit. So what ? You reckon Hayne wouldn't have played eventually under Smith. Let me tell you something, Smith is only number 2 behind Jack Gibson as the best coach we have ever had. Ever.
Ken Kearney, Norm Provan and Terry Fearnley say hello.

Lets not forget Brian "Preliminary Final" Smith

[youtube]h64qcUEP91Y[/youtube]

Go to 0.40. Look at the time on the clock and the score. Then watch. Paul Cariage - a Brian Smith developed player.

I have seen a huge improvement in Hayne's maturity. I also saw improvement in Sandow playing a more intelligent style than the unpredictable flubber under Kearney.

Sticky inherited SK'd squad - who didnt replace Hindy of Burt, let alone Poore (underperforming but on Origin coin).

We need stability. No player is going to sign a 3 year deal knowing they will play under 3 coaches, 4 CEO's and 2 boards. Thats why we had to pay overs for Sandow, because apart from him all we could attract were Chris Walker, Carl Webb and Ben Roberts.

Immediately that Sticky came on board, we netted Israel Folau. If the NRL didnt f*ck that up, we would have looked a lot better - greater strike power out wide, better defence and a better influence on the young guys desperately needing some guideance in the absence of Hayne. Plus our backs would have looked a hell of a lot better for the likes of Hock and Papali in their deliberations. That aint Sticky's fault.

The problems in our club is not the fault of one man. Ever since the board started to fracture, our coaching staff and playing roster have been behind the 8 ball. You cannot blame Sticky for that.

Having said that, if our f*cking board can put the arguments aside and think of the club first, then it's up to Sticky to deliver a decent stab at the finals with our meagre yet commendable recruitment. Sadly, I can see us right back in the later Monie/Cronin years - constant recruitment of nuffies and not a single signature from a decent talent.

Besides, after today's effort, we are no worse than Canberra.

Avenger

Immortal
Hey Loudstrat do you have any idea how f**king ridiculous that is when you post some video in 98 and say hey that's a Brian Smith coached player ? Like seriously do you know how f**king stupid you sound?

I'm pretty sure Fearnley coached Parra when Neville Glover dropped that ball to score in the corner and win us our first grand final. Does that make Fearnley a bad coach ? Of course not.

We were a great club during the Smith years. I could post every f**king video besides a late splurge in 2009 and it would look worse than The Exorcist and then show you the Stuart years which is about to break all time losing records as the extended unmodified never seen before exclusive members only footage.

Come on mate, you are smarter than that.

Last edited:

Latest posts