What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Provincial Competition

ozenzud

Juniors
I'd be interested in whether many people are watching the NPC on Sky on Monday nights. Good time slot at 7.30. Kids can watch it. Even my missus and daughter watched on Monday.

Wellington have been in the first two televised matches and the second match v Auckland was an excellent game of footy.

Dunno whether its because I've got more interest in it this year, that I reckon it's got more publicity and maybe more people watching. Or is it the warriors gone and nothing better to do on Monday nights, but I find it compulsory viewing.

Heaps of people I keep running into are watching and enjoying it.

Wellington blew it Monday, they should have won. Really good, hard game of league with good skills. Better than the NRL in some ways and these blokes take time off work to play so it costs them!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Haven't watched the TV games so far, i went to the 1st Canterbury game v Counties though. Standard was ok but overall it was a bit of a fizzer for Canterbury Rugby League with hardly anyone turning up and the prices to get in being ridiculous as well

If that continues to happen around the country it is a worry how viable this comp will end up being

Just thinking out loud would some sort of nationwide club comp be an option to bring out a but more passion with supporters around the country ? We had 3000 people at the club grand final down here, and less than 200 tickets sold for the Bulls rep game

ozbash

Referee
I enjoy them, Mondays game was a lot closer than expected.

Last season you could go to Mt Smart on a Monday night for a gold coin donation.. assume its the same this year ?

ozenzud

Juniors
Haven't watched the TV games so far, i went to the 1st Canterbury game v Counties though. Standard was ok but overall it was a bit of a fizzer for Canterbury Rugby League with hardly anyone turning up and the prices to get in being ridiculous as well

If that continues to happen around the country it is a worry how viable this comp will end up being

Just thinking out loud would some sort of nationwide club comp be an option to bring out a but more passion with supporters around the country ? We had 3000 people at the club grand final down here, and less than 200 tickets sold for the Bulls rep game

I think this comp is effectively funded by the NZRL. Its funded by the Anzac Test and television rights of those tests. As is the 15s and 17s comp. As the world cup is on, NZRL has cut back the 15's this year as there isn't the end of season tests to fund the comp.

My point was it seems a few more people watching therefore ratings going up, increases value? Dunno whether its just people I know and not reflected in wider interest.

The money made on the gates goes to the local league and would be set by the local league.

Often amazed how little the typical league fan is prepared to pay to go to a game. Agree $15 might be a bit steep for many for this comp. Kids should be in free.

People have no problem finding $7 for a beer or 10, $20 for a pack of smokes, but can't find $5 for admission to a game.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors

Well didn Canterbury cry so hard because they didnt have the canterbury bulls named represented?

they are reinstated into the comp but they still complaining....and still losing