What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What a dog.

I mean, I know our incompetent board loves to meddle and stick their beaks in, but fair dinkum - all this talk of, "I'm in - are you?" and of him wanting to be here for years and years....

What a f**king dog.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hopefully this will bring the Stuart media circus to a close.

On the other hand, I am now concerned about the ramifications for all of our signings given the speculation about get-out clauses.

Hayne off to the Bulldogs. Hopoate back to Manly.

:lol: I don't know about sacking the board but I am seriously considering giving rugby league away all together.

Eelementary

Post Whore

:lol: I don't know about sacking the board but I am seriously considering giving rugby league away all together.

I haven't followed the sport or the club as long as some of you (only since 2000), but I have to admit - our constant f**k-ups everywhere I turn are making it very difficult to keep the fires of passion burning.

Part of me is like, "No - stay strong and stand by the club. They need our support now more than ever."

But the other part of me is like, "I keep giving these merkins my money, passion and focus, and they piss it all away without any remorse...why should I keep investing in them emotionally and financially?"

It's rough times.

Forty20

First Grade

I haven't followed the sport or the club as long as some of you (only since 2000), but I have to admit - our constant f**k-ups everywhere I turn are making it very difficult to keep the fires of passion burning.

Part of me is like, "No - stay strong and stand by the club. They need our support now more than ever."

But the other part of me is like, "I keep giving these merkins my money, passion and focus, and they piss it all away without any remorse...why should I keep investing in them emotionally and financially?"

It's rough times.

If anything encapsulates just how pathetic things are at our club, I reckon it is captured in the sentiments above from two of our best on this subforum.

It beggars belief how far all of the merkins running our club in the last few years have put their ego before the blue and gold.

I actually believe that the steps have been taken in restructuring our NYC and NSW Cup squads to put us in a good position over the next few years but if we are set back at the NRL level yet again it will be very difficult to deal with it.

That said, if our roster comes through unscathed from the Stuart saga we will probably be better off for it...as Sticky seems to be yet another individual who believes he is bigger than the club.

The Colonel

Immortal
As a club, we (I feel a part of it - 37 years as a supporter) continue to stumble from one f**k up to another. The lack of stability in the club as a whole is absolutely pathetic. We cannot continue to do what we do and move forward as a premiership heavyweight.

bartman

Immortal
What a dog.

I mean, I know our incompetent board loves to meddle and stick their beaks in, but fair dinkum - all this talk of, "I'm in - are you?" and of him wanting to be here for years and years....

What a f**king dog.
It's just marketing spin mate, like most political or corporate slogans. But the club marketing people will have a huge job to come up with any slogan in 2014 capable of even maintaining more than half of our current membership.

The bad karma from management choices 2009 onwards has imo rotted this club from the inside. I think most of us will bail on active footy - that's certainly how I feel.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If anything encapsulates just how pathetic things are at our club, I reckon it is captured in the sentiments above from two of our best on this subforum.

It beggars belief how far all of the merkins running our club in the last few years have put their ego before the blue and gold.

I actually believe that the steps have been taken in restructuring our NYC and NSW Cup squads to put us in a good position over the next few years but if we are set back at the NRL level yet again it will be very difficult to deal with it.

That said, if our roster comes through unscathed from the Stuart saga we will probably be better off for it...as Sticky seems to be yet another individual who believes he is bigger than the club.

I agree. Well said!

Eelementary

Post Whore
As a club, we (I feel a part of it - 37 years as a supporter) continue to stumble from one f**k up to another. The lack of stability in the club as a whole is absolutely pathetic. We cannot continue to do what we do and move forward as a premiership heavyweight.

Indeed. It's very sad what has happened to our great club.

Y2Eel

First Grade
What player would follow ricky anywhere??

He signs three year deal leaves after one, he signs players up them thinking he will be at eels for the three years..

ParraManiac

Juniors
In one move I think he has proved he was the problem all along. How could any player or team buy in to what he is asking when he is clearly so full of shit. No passion for the club probably why we were always playing in jerseys that looked nothing like Parra jerseys

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's just marketing spin mate, like most political or corporate slogans. But the club marketing people will have a huge job to come up with any slogan in 2014 capable of even maintaining more than half of our current membership.

The bad karma from management choices 2009 onwards has imo rotted this club from the inside. I think most of us will bail on active footy - that's certainly how I feel.

I know you're right, but I got sucked in - I was sceptical about Stuart's appointment, but the campaign filled me with confidence that maybe he was our guy.

I'll be honest - I love this club to bits, and I will renew my membership and go to games. But I feel I have to try and do SOMETHING to stop the petty nonsense from holding us back. I have no idea what that could be, though, unfortunately.

We, as members and passionate fans, deserve so much better than this.

amitropo

Juniors
What would papali be thinking right now?
Maybe that was the reason he went on a bender prior to game day.

bartman

Immortal
I know you're right, but I got sucked in - I was sceptical about Stuart's appointment, but the campaign filled me with confidence that maybe he was our guy.
Me too, mate.

I'll be honest - I love this club to bits, and I will renew my membership and go to games.
Fair enough, but I think I might be jumping off the footy train personally, 35.5 years after going to my first game, 28 seasons of holding down the same seat at Parra.

But I feel I have to try and do SOMETHING to stop the petty nonsense from holding us back. I have no idea what that could be, though, unfortunately.

We, as members and passionate fans, deserve so much better than this.
True, and best of luck if your endeavours. Unity of the membership/fan base is the difficult bit - you can see how difficult in the way some of the key people here tend to refer to anyone who frequents other Eels fan sites.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Me too, mate.

Fair enough, but I think I might be jumping off the footy train personally, 35.5 years after going to my first game, 28 seasons of holding down the same seat at Parra.

True, and best of luck if your endeavours. Unity of the membership/fan base is the difficult bit - you can see how difficult in the way some of the key people here tend to refer to anyone who frequents other Eels fan sites.

Yeah, it sucks.

I don't know what to do or how to do it. And I can't see why a board of so-called "professionals" can keep twisting the knife into the club and not be held accountable.

I will stick strong and do what I can to unite with my fellow members and fans and try to get some professional stability - but it's easier for me, because I have less heartbreak from the club to fall back to. Some of you guys that have been supporting this club for decades...it amazes me, and I want to be one of those people one day.

amitropo

Juniors
All I hear is clauses in contracts.
Any coach, player or board member who doesn't want to be here f$&k off.
We will rise from the the ashes, shame the fire is still burning.
Hope it's sooner rather than later.
Fight for this jersey players new and old, prove your quality and worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts