What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs $1 million play for Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne

Springs

First Grade
I'm so over this shit.
Lingard is right.

I've never been so ashamed to be an Eels fan in 40 years, nor have I ever been so disinterested in them.
The Eels are a f**king rabble. The worst point in my life of following them.
Tbh, I couldn't care less about them.

Suity

Then f**k off and stop talking about them. Go to the A-League forums and wank over the Wanderers there.

Eelogical

Referee
I gave our budgie a choice of two coloured items to pick from. She chose the blue & white one as opposed to the blue and gold one. Hayne has gone to the dogs...!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
This rumour has all the same smell as the sticky rumor when it first hit, even down to the "at this point" quote. The style of footie that the bulldogs play I can see full well why they'd throw the cheque book at him, but seriously how the f**k could they all of a sudden have that much coin laying about given its twice what Barba was supposed to be on?
I agree with poo that it may not be the worst thing in the world to happen, but that would be dependent on all the new signings turning up for pre season. It'd also probably get Prior over the line, & if we could scam another forward from somewhere we wouldn't be too badly off. We do need a coach ASAP, next years shit needs to be sorted now.

Taking away the emotion of it losing either but not both of either hoppa or Hayne wouldn't be a total disaster for the side. Really with hoppa unless he plays full back I reckon we have to much tired up in a centre. I reckon losing one of them and using the cap space to purchase prior, king another nrl quality forward and back (which we should be able to afford with what we r playing hoppa/Hayne) we would have a lot better balanced squad.

But gee I would hate to see Hayne in blue and white

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Taking away the emotion of it losing either but not both of either hoppa or Hayne wouldn't be a total disaster for the side. Really with hoppa unless he plays full back I reckon we have to much tired up in a centre. I reckon losing one of them and using the cap space to purchase prior, king another nrl quality forward and back (which we should be able to afford with what we r playing hoppa/Hayne) we would have a lot better balanced squad.

Spot on.

It would kill me to see Hayne playing for the Dogs, but it could be the best thing for us, and him.

I know, right. The bullshit from the merkins would be endless..,

Spot on.

It would kill me to see Hayne playing for the Dogs, but it could be the best thing for us, and him.

Not at this time of the year it wouldn't. There's a big difference between knowing Hayne was going elsewhere with the best part of year's notice. If we were magically relieved of his salary now, the cap space would hang like an albatross around the key decision-makers necks. There aren't too many players available for 2014 (even including those under contract), and there will be pressure to spend the space on whoever we can get......again.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Spot on.

That's why I would rather lose hoppa than Hayne. Hayne being a local junior means more to the club.

If we were smart and rumours were true that the dogs were after hoppa / Hayne - I would tell the dogs they could have hoppa but we want Inu in return (appears to be on the outer) and his contract 50% subsidised. The dogs are desperate for a fullback.

We get a quality centre on the cheap plus another reason for Hayne to stay.

lingard

Coach
Because players have been falling over themselves to come and play with Jarryd Hayne?

We have to pay overs anyway, but we're better placed to rebuild without Hayne than with him.

I think you're wrong. Our recruitment and retention and cap management has been ridiculous over the last six years. I don't think this has had anything (positive or negative) to do with Jarryd Hayne. And, in terms of players wanting to come here, I'm sure they'd rather play in a team with Hayne in it than without.

Suitman

Post Whore
That's why I would rather lose hoppa than Hayne. Hayne being a local junior means more to the club.

If we were smart and rumours were true that the dogs were after hoppa / Hayne - I would tell the dogs they could have hoppa but we want Inu in return (appears to be on the outer) and his contract 50% subsidised. The dogs are desperate for a fullback.

We get a quality centre on the cheap plus another reason for Hayne to stay.

f**k that. I wouldn't be doing any deals with the Dogs. Why strengthen their squad while we weaken ours?
f**k them.

Suity

Eelogical

Referee
I think you're wrong. Our recruitment and retention and cap management has been ridiculous over the last six years. I don't think this has had anything (positive or negative) to do with Jarryd Hayne. And, in terms of players wanting to come here, I'm sure they'd rather play in a team with Hayne in it than without.

It's worked a treat so far.

Not at this time of the year it wouldn't. There's a big difference between knowing Hayne was going elsewhere with the best part of year's notice. If we were magically relieved of his salary now, the cap space would hang like an albatross around the key decision-makers necks. There aren't too many players available for 2014 (even including those under contract), and there will be pressure to spend the space on whoever we can get......again.

Yeah, fair enough, but I don't think it would be that much of an issue beyond bragging rights. Going into next year we're probably one superstar half to fullback too many, there's solid enough players to cover if we lose either of the haitches- though not both.. If thine did happen to pull the pin & we were able to add a half decent forward or two, we'd probably be much better off.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Why are people focussed on 'at this point' and pay no attention to the fact he said he management have not approached and he has no get out clause. Why are people worried about him going to the Bulldogs if there hasnt been any contact??