What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are you if your not in the St George area. How far have we spread?

Ace-STi

Juniors
Western Sydney ATM, grew up in hills district

My dad is a mad dragons fan and brainwashed me and my brother at birth

Dezziedc

Juniors
Queensland. Grew up in Bundy but have moved around a bit since leaving school. Even did a stint in Newcastle.

Currently living in Northern Queensland. Just to give you an idea where, our local footy team shares it's name with the Dragons NSW cup side.

Gippsy

Bench
Born & bred in Grafton NSW, moved around a heap & now just out of Melbourne in West Gippsland.

blacksafake

First Grade
Born,bred & played in tiger territory,now living in wests tigers territory but have always been a Red V man & no tigers are not my 2nd team.Go to most of the gong games as it is easier from where i live.

possm

Coach
Born in the gong and lived in a few suburbs in Sydney - Revsby, Bondi, Penrith. Then retired and moved to Herby Bay. Got restless and started another business in Brisbane where I currently live and run my business.

My great granddad, my granddad, my father, my brother, my wife, my 5 kids and I have always followed the Dragons.

big pat

Coach
Queensland. Grew up in Bundy but have moved around a bit since leaving school. Even did a stint in Newcastle.

Currently living in Northern Queensland. Just to give you an idea where, our local footy team shares it's name with the Dragons NSW cup side.

how is mackay, always wanting to travel there, places like bundy,rocky, cairns, maybe when i retire.

dclayw

Juniors
Moved from Sydney to Brisbane 24 years ago, very big fan base up here. Never miss a game up here, only occasionally get to other games these days.

mbk78

Juniors
Grew up in Peakhurst. Moved to Ingleburn after I got married and have lived there for the past 28 years. Managed to brain wash my eldest son into becoming a Saints tragic despite growing up in Tigpies territory. We get to most games at Kogarah each year, one or two at the Gong plus the Anzac Day Game.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
Born and bred qld'er, live on the sunshine coast... made my way down to my first dragons home game in woolongong with my brother this year (happened to be the duges first game for us), absolutely loved standing on the hill with the dragons diehards.. want to make it a regular trip each season from now. never miss a game up in brisbane!

saint.nick

Coach
Are there many people here from the GC? The away support Saints got at Skilled park against the Titans was amazing. From the television, it looked like our home game, and no other club has come anywhere near rivalling that away support we got that day.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's right saint.nick, we take up a good 50% of the crowd at times at the Gold Coast home games, sometimes it looked like more.

I'm on the GC nowadays and you do see the occasional car with their Saints stickers. I personally know a number of fellow supporters who live here.

There's also quite a few former players up here. One of my clients is a former first grader and he tells me about how he still has weekly training runs with a few old team mates, just to keep fit.

So yeah, it may not be Railway Parade, Kogarah, but we do have our own St George territory up here.

saint.nick

Coach
Intriguing. So it'd be safe to say that South East QLD is predominately made up of Broncos fans first, and Saints/Titans fans second. Makes me wonder why, despite our fame and aura.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Intriguing. So it'd be safe to say that South East QLD is predominately made up of Broncos fans first, and Saints/Titans fans second. Makes me wonder why, despite our fame and aura.

Nick I suppose you need to look at the demographics of today's rugby league fans for your answer. I wonder if any club or indeed the NRL has a breakdown fo those figures?

big pat

Coach
That's right saint.nick, we take up a good 50% of the crowd at times at the Gold Coast home games, sometimes it looked like more.

I'm on the GC nowadays and you do see the occasional car with their Saints stickers. I personally know a number of fellow supporters who live here.

There's also quite a few former players up here. One of my clients is a former first grader and he tells me about how he still has weekly training runs with a few old team mates, just to keep fit.

So yeah, it may not be Railway Parade, Kogarah, but we do have our own St George territory up here.

and just down the road, is serb dragon.

woodyk2

First Grade
My Aunty is a one eyed Dragons supporter and she's been in Ft. Lauderdale Florida for about 30 years. Tries to stream all the games and wears Saints stuff over there. She has got a few to get into the game as well.