What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Tone83

Juniors
He's the worst coach of all time in any sport ever, so yeah if there's one person anywhere who rates him at all he's definitely overrated. I just haven't run into that one person yet. Figured it's pretty unanimous that he's shit?

Fingerbang

Bench
I remember one pre season a few years ago, the press having stories about how Stuart being is an innovative coach because he was running his boys on the sandhills.....:lol:

Meapro Ham

Juniors
I don't understand how he still gets a gig. Since 2004 his teams have been consistently horrible besides the one year the Sharks made the finals. The Roosters of 06, those awful Sharks sides that just had nothing in attack, plus a spoon at Parra. Yuck all round. Throw in all the ref bashing and personal vendettas....how does someone like that keep getting gigs. Very highly paid ones at that.

I don't get it.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
images

Kiwi

First Grade
These next few years will certainly make or break both Griffin and Stuart. The Broncos are putting together a very strong side for next year and an even stronger one for 2015. So failure in either year will spell the end of Griffin, and by failure I mean finishing outside the 8 or just scrapping in. Same with Stuart, the Raiders have some very promising juniors coming through at Stuarts disposal, 2015 should see these guys really making their mark and making the Raiders very competitive. 2014 will be the only free pass Stuart should get in rebuilding the Raiders.

Can wait really.

Tone83

Juniors
What annoys me is you won't even be able to blame stewart if the raiders suck, they have no one except arguably edrick lee is promising to one day be a good winger, still not gonna change your team's destiny. The raiders are shit, and Ricky will just do what he did with the Eels, shrug and act like it's not his fault. Perfect strategy to maintain the illusion he can coach, just keep coaching the worst squads in the NRL.

Kiwi

First Grade
What annoys me is you won't even be able to blame stewart if the raiders suck, they have no one except arguably edrick lee is promising to one day be a good winger, still not gonna change your team's destiny. The raiders are shit, and Ricky will just do what he did with the Eels, shrug and act like it's not his fault. Perfect strategy to maintain the illusion he can coach, just keep coaching the worst squads in the NRL.
I disagree on the Raiders being shit, inconsistent yes, shit no. Stuart really does have a chance to build something special, and personally, even as a Broncos fan I hope he does. I would much rather see all that young talent they have come through to the top level and perform etc over being wasted and not making it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I also take issue with the thread itself, aside from his media mates, Stuart is pretty much the least rated coach in the comp right now, so it's pretty hard to be over-rated when everyone thinks your the worst coach to ever pick up a clip board

Meapro Ham

Juniors
The one consistent theme with all of his teams since 2006 is how horrible they have been in attack. Will be interesting to see how he goes in that respect with Canberra. You would hope for Canberra's sake that he can find some support staff with some ability in that area because its clearly not his strength. Not quite sure what his strength is....but definitely is not that.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
I also take issue with the thread itself, aside from his media mates, Stuart is pretty much the least rated coach in the comp right now, so it's pretty hard to be over-rated when everyone thinks your the worst coach to ever pick up a clip board

He is apparently well rated by the Parramatta and Canberra clubs who were/are happy to pay him in the region of a $800k to a million bucks a year if the reports are correct.

POPEYE

Coach

Hard to argue with and that gives Sticky the advantage, he can't claim to be undermanned and the players now have to prove they're happy with what they orchestrated, but all that need happen now is for the team to play to it's potential . . . a new coach can't make them forget how and Stuart will certainly embarrass them into a concerted effort

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not only is he the most overrated coach but also the worst in the history of the game. His Playing ability spoke for itself as well... Shit

His coaching record deserves criticism but as a player, he was brilliant.

Those Canberra sides of the early to mid 90's were half as good without him on the field.

Only an utter moron who has NFI about the game would suggest that Stuart was anything less than a great player.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's the worst coach of all time in any sport ever, so yeah if there's one person anywhere who rates him at all he's definitely overrated. I just haven't run into that one person yet. Figured it's pretty unanimous that he's shit?

Ken Shine says hello

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
All I know is that his yelling techniques are the best in the League and that I will be attending the early season Raiders matches when the weather is warm just to watch Ricky yell.

He's the best there is.

Latest posts