What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Wright released

chewsta

First Grade
He gave 100% everytime he pulled on a sharks jersey. Unlike some of our "better" players have.
I wish the bloke all the best for the future.

Quigs

Immortal
He gave 100% everytime he pulled on a sharks jersey. Unlike some of our "better" players have.
I wish the bloke all the best for the future.

I'm with you on this one too Chewie

Thanks for your effort Matt. He has played a lot more top grade games for the Sharks than you and I could only dream of.

(Although it's the club selectors and all those agents fault that they didn't see my potential those 40 odd years ago. ... I blame them and Tony Abbott)

A number of years ago at Erko Oval I watched Matty play in a Reggies trial against Norths.
He was playing 5/8 and tore them to shreds, after that I had high hopes for him.
I always thought he was wasted on the wing and his position would be lock or 5/8.
Cest la vie.

On a side note (without detracting from the topic) I sat between Irvine and Stuart at that game

Special K

Coach
He was once one of the highest rated prospects in the country but now probably won't get another NRL deal. It's a shame