What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I wrote a poem in 1989 that went something like this:

Parra, Parra, if you were a fish you would be a Barra.
You are so great, you are the pride of the state.
Score more tries than all the other f**bags.
If you were a pair of norks then you wouldn't sag.
Parra, Parra, f**k yeah Parra.
Parra, Parra, you are more delicious than Bone Marrow.
Anyone who doesn't like Parra probably likes Boy George.
But that's alright because we'll beat you f**kers on the Score Board.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
1963, hey - start of the sexual revolution.

You should have been out trying to get a shag, off the residual of the Beatles' tour; not penning poofy poetry about a team that would continue to run last for many a year.:lol:

But, now me thinks that maybe you only reached intermediate certificate level.;-)

The Beatles toured Australia in 1964.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I wrote a poem in 1989 that went something like this:

Parra, Parra, if you were a fish you would be a Barra.
You are so great, you are the pride of the state.
Score more tries than all the other f**bags.
If you were a pair of norks then you wouldn't sag.
Parra, Parra, f**k yeah Parra.
Parra, Parra, you are more delicious than Bone Marrow.
Anyone who doesn't like Parra probably likes Boy George.
But that's alright because we'll beat you f**kers on the Score Board.

Just before you moved to Queensland, hey.:lol:

parra pete

Referee
1963, hey - start of the sexual revolution.

You should have been out trying to get a shag, off the residual of the Beatles' tour; not penning poofy poetry about a team that would continue to run last for many a year.:lol:

But, now me thinks that maybe you only reached intermediate certificate level.;-)

Sure did...at Auburn in 1960...went to Parra Marist 1961..joined the work force in 1961 after my Fourth Year report said "Peter would have found fifth year very difficult"..
Leaving school at the end of 1961 did not impede me. I worked at a Public Servant from 1961 - 1987, and owned three businesses before ill health forced me to retire in 2007.
One thing in the sixties was the Western Suburbs Magpies were always Parramatta's 'bitch'.
Parra V Wests = two competition points in the bag for the Blue and Gold...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How good was it back in the day where most jobs required zero qualifications.

Nowadays you need an economics degree just to work as a bank teller.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Sure did...at Auburn in 1960...went to Parra Marist 1961..joined the work force in 1961 after my Fourth Year report said "Peter would have found fifth year very difficult"..
Leaving school at the end of 1961 did not impede me. I worked at a Public Servant from 1961 - 1987, and owned three businesses before ill health forced me to retire in 2007.
One thing in the sixties was the Western Suburbs Magpies were always Parramatta's 'bitch'.
Parra V Wests = two competition points in the bag for the Blue and Gold...

C'mon Pete, get fair dinkum. You mentioned commonsense in one of your posts, the Magpies were never parra's bitch; more the other way around.;-)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They certainly don't exhibit it. No life skills...just me, me, me. me, me....sad....:(

It's more that the life skills required in modern society are different to the ones needed in the past. People are more or less completely free now, which means they are mostly free of obligations to each other (other than paying taxes). Obviously the flip side of this is other people are free of their obligations to us, and so we can't rely on anyone anymore.

That includes in the context of workplace relations. How many employers provide training of skills saleable in the job market? Far fewer than they used to, and rightly so. They would be mad to spend all those resources on some merkin who will walk out the door for a better offer, and likewise, employees would be mad to remain loyal to any employer when their job could disappear tomorrow.

The world has moved on, and will continue to do so. And when we get old we will whinge about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts