What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo WiiU... the next gen kiiiiinda starts soon...

Storm13

Juniors
Some big rumours going around that we might see the unveiling of ZeldaU at the vgx awards over the weekend, fingers crossed it's true.

Storm13

Juniors
Should be picking up Mario soon, so good to hear it great :D

Think I had seen a tweet saying Bethesda had no plans on showing any games off.

Frederick

Staff member
So tomorrow I'm going down to EB games to trade in my wii, all my wii games and all the ps3 and 360 games that I don't play anymore, and will be walking out of there with a wii u, the new Mario game, Zelda skyward sword, and whatever else takes my fancy.

f**k the ps4 and xbone, they're too overpriced and right now the games that interest me are on the wii u.

Parra Pride

Coach
Make sure you keep a Wiimote + grab a Wii motion plus (if you don't already have one) or you won't be able to play Skyward Sword.

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah I'm keeping three of my wiimotes, will just need to pick up the motionplus attachment.

Any other games worthwhile getting at the moment or should I save my pennies for the new smash bros and Zelda games when they're released?

Storm13

Juniors
Yeah I'm keeping three of my wiimotes, will just need to pick up the motionplus attachment.

Any other games worthwhile getting at the moment or should I save my pennies for the new smash bros and Zelda games when they're released?

ZombiU is a must (great game) should be able to pickup cheap, NSMBU is really good platform game same as Raymond Legends if that's your type of game. Splinter Cell for me was awesome as the gamepad had some good integration with the gadgets you had at you're disposal or if you like your games crazy as f**k try The Wonderful 101.

Save the pennies for X

Frederick

Staff member
Well, I did it. Traded my wii, all my wii games, and all the 360 and ps3 games I don't play anymore and walked out with the wii u premium pack, new super mario bros u, new super luigi u, super mario 3d world, rayman legends, and Zelda skyward sword. They didn't have any motion plus attachments so will order a cheap one off eBay to play Zelda.

Wife says I've just gotta finish painting inside a wardrobe then I can play as much as I want haha

Storm13

Juniors
Well, I did it. Traded my wii, all my wii games, and all the 360 and ps3 games I don't play anymore and walked out with the wii u premium pack, new super mario bros u, new super luigi u, super mario 3d world, rayman legends, and Zelda skyward sword. They didn't have any motion plus attachments so will order a cheap one off eBay to play Zelda.

Wife says I've just gotta finish painting inside a wardrobe then I can play as much as I want haha

Good stuff, you will have fun.

Still have to finish Skyward Sword but I just can't get enough motivation to play it again.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Well I bought a premium model. I picked up the new mario game along with cars 1 and 2 for my son.

What games are must buys. I have a ps4 but lack of games is getting me bored.

also for the wii games to work on U do I need the wii remote or will the wii u controller work?

Frederick

Staff member
Well I bought a premium model. I picked up the new mario game along with cars 1 and 2 for my son.

What games are must buys. I have a ps4 but lack of games is getting me bored.

also for the wii games to work on U do I need the wii remote or will the wii u controller work?

Nope you need a wii remote (with motion plus) to play wii games

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yeah that merkin just said to me is backwards compatible straight out of the box.

My 3 year old was having a stress attack when I told him its not working.