What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The last person who should be inspiring a bunch of poor kids is some bloke who made his living playing a game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unfortunately in those communities that's often the best role model they've got.

What I want to know is, where are these indigenous business owners and lawyers and stuff we keep hearing about? Shouldn't they be going to these places and inspiring the kids? Why doesn't Pat O'Shane go out and fire them up?

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
Monty Python's Holy Grail. If the accused weighs the same as a duck (Bevan in this case), she is a witch and must be burned at the stake.

Thanks mate.

This article puts massive pressure on this young bloke. I'd say they will possibly use him in SG ball this year and 2015. The problem for this year is he has the 2012 U16s NSW fullback and the half from the last two premiership winning HM sides to displaced to play Ball this year.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
SG Ball halves/fullback 2014:

Dargan
Doolan
French
Khoury
Layoun
Vidal

Vidal has been listed in the NYC squad, and I believe French has been training with them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I believe he is only 17 this year; could be wrong.

He just finished high school, meaning he would have been at least 17 last year (2013). He's 18 this year (2014). That's why the article in question (written in 2013) says he is 17.

Trust me; I'm an analyst.

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
SG Ball halves/fullback 2014:

Dargan
Doolan
French
Khoury
Layoun
Vidal

Vidal has been listed in the NYC squad, and I believe French has been training with them.

Khoury and Dargan plus Doolan were the ones I was referring too.

Just, some massive pressure on a boy who has being playing country football.

magpie4ever

First Grade
He just finished high school, meaning he would have been at least 17 last year (2013). He's 18 this year (2014). That's why the article in question (written in 2013) says he is 17.

Trust me; I'm an analyst.

Ok, I'll believe you. You are definitely ANAL.

Missed you at the Woolpack.;-)