What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought I'd stay here on the internet and have a stimulating conversation between equals.

If I went to the Woolpack I'd have to shut up and agree with tough merkins like magpie4ever. Doesn't sound like much fun for a weak merkin like me.

#democracy

magpie4ever

First Grade
I thought I'd stay here on the internet and have a stimulating conversation between equals.

If I went to the Woolpack I'd have to shut up and agree with tough merkins like magpie4ever. Doesn't sound like much fun for a weak merkin like me.

#democracy

Finally, finally some truth comes out from the Anal merkin.:lol: How's that - Anal merkin, I liked that one myself.

magpie4ever

First Grade
SG Ball halves/fullback 2014:

Dargan
Doolan
French
Khoury
Layoun
Vidal

Vidal has been listed in the NYC squad, and I believe French has been training with them.[/QUOTE]

With Vidal likely 5/8 in NYC, who would be the half or fullback French would need to replace in the u20s?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With Vidal likely 5/8 in NYC, who would be the half or fullback French would need to replace in the u20s?

Is Vidal really a likely starter in the NYC? It would be awesome if he was, because that would mean his development is coming along at a rapid pace. But he has plenty of competition that is at least more experienced, if not better.

NYC halves options:
Daoud
Dockar-Clay
Izzard
Markus
Matterson
Vidal

NYC fullback options:
Green
Hafoka
Makelim
Manuleleua
Windeatt

So I reckon French will spend most of the year in SG Ball. It will probably come down to him or Khoury for fullback. I'd say French will have the edge simply because it's his last year of eligibility.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Is Vidal really a likely starter in the NYC? It would be awesome if he was, because that would mean his development is coming along at a rapid pace. But he has plenty of competition that is at least more experienced, if not better.

NYC halves options:
Daoud
Dockar-Clay
Izzard
Markus
Matterson
Vidal

NYC fullback options:
Green
Hafoka
Makelim
Manuleleua
Windeatt

So I reckon French will spend most of the year in SG Ball. It will probably come down to him or Khoury for fullback. I'd say French will have the edge simply because it's his last year of eligibility.

Don't know about Vidal development but I would suggest he would be in front of French as re: possible 5/8 in NYC.

Same with Khoury as he is 18 this year.

TheRam

Coach
Finally, finally some truth comes out from the Anal merkin.:lol: How's that - Anal merkin, I liked that one myself.

Are you referring to the American Grindcore band Anal Merkin?

Best band name ever, hey? I've never heard any of their songs but gee I'd love one of their t-shirts.

Who the f**k would want to wear an anal merkin? I thought that people would want that area nice and smooth and clean. I know I do. I use a lot less toilet pape that way, just one sheet sometimes. Just saying.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Who the f**k would want to wear an anal merkin? I thought that people would want that area nice and smooth and clean. I know I do. I use a lot less toilet pape that way, just one sheet sometimes. Just saying.

How do you keep it nice and smooth TheRam?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think Vidal may be pushed up so that we can use Dargan and Doolan in the halves for SG Ball; these two are fantastic players and should be playing together in distrcit reps. As for French, until he puts on some weight he is a fullback, maybe we can put Khoury and Layoun at centre/wing? They would definitely make up a strong backline for the Eels next year:
1)French
2)Layoun
3)Khoury
4)Griffiths
5)Katoa

Unless we want to use Nifo Sevi in the halves where I've heard he is very good and we might put either Doolan or Dargan in the Western Sydney Academy? Whoever they pick it will be a strong side and anything short of a premiership is a disappointment.

lingard

Coach
Thanks mate.

This article puts massive pressure on this young bloke. I'd say they will possibly use him in SG ball this year and 2015. The problem for this year is he has the 2012 U16s NSW fullback and the half from the last two premiership winning HM sides to displaced to play Ball this year.

Yes; he'll have to ensure - for his whole career (and even in the off-seasons) - that he never weighs exactly the same as a duck.

lingard

Coach

It's only for when you're going out, Ram. You take it off when you get home.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Ram, Ram; one sheet with your woolly arse (get it - ram, wool) - very disturbing. No wonder there is sheep blowfly.:cool:

Latest posts