What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Adamson

I met him once in my life 1998 and he was a bit standoffish to me. All I was doing was talking to Brandy and MG.
I don't have time for him but I will say his brother Phil was always decent to talk to.

I met him once in my life 1998 and he was a bit standoffish to me. All I was doing was talking to Brandy and MG.
I don't have time for him but I will say his brother Phil was always decent to talk to.

Shame about Phil. He was earmarked for huge things during his time with the club. I remember thinking that this bloke could have filled the big shoes left by John Cartwright when he retired. Unfortunately injuries got in the way and he didn't kick on

Phil had great debut season with us in 1993 I think he finished 2nd in the rookie of the year awards. I remember his offloading ability close to the line he was always popping round the corner offloads to great effect.
The move to the front row seem to slow him down and injuries didn't help either.

darkbloom

Juniors
I think the hate is more to do with the way he left. Led the revolt against Simmons & then once Simmons was punted he bailed himself. His loss as he missed the premiership in 03. From what I heard he was a prize wanker when he came back to work with Elliott.

I didn't know he had tried to get Bellamy to Penrith. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if that had gone through.

I doubt he would ever have been in a position to be negotiating or even sounding out coaches on behalf of the club.

As to getting rid of Simmo he may have been an agitator but a couple of Board members at the time had far greater culpability in Simmo's demise. Mind you Simmo did not help his own cause much.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Just did a search of 'adamson' in the Penrith forum.

I see Panther fans on here have the utmost respect for him.

GongPanther

Referee
In case anyone is not aware of this Matt Adamson has been appointed Melbourne Storm's new under 20's coach.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/team/profiles/matt_adamson.html

Time has moved some of us on.

I don't see how this is appropriate to a Panthers forum.

It's like us lauding Freddies interception at the 9's or Tim Sheens' Kangaroo coaching prowess just because they are ex-Panthers.

I think both the Adamson boys originally came here from Parramatta.

Maybe you should have posted this in there,unless this thread was started just to do a spot of muck-racking.

It's like us lauding Freddies interception at the 9's or Tim Sheens' Kangaroo coaching prowess just because they are ex-Panthers.

Maybe you should have posted this in there,unless this thread was started just to do a spot of muck-racking.

There is no muck raking on my part, I merely posted the link because Matt Adamson was a former player and assistant coach here and I thought people who followed this club might be surprised to learn he scored himself another unlikely job.
Yes Matt Adamsom did start his career at Parramatta it lasted only 3 games. He played the bulk of his career of 155 games here if you had bothered to notice. Hardly a Parramatta player or a person Parramatta fans would be interested in.
If you don't like the thread don't read it.

roofromoz

First Grade
Seem to recall him saying that upon his departure to Leeds at the end of 2001 that he had a better chance of winning a premiership there than if he stayed at Penrith.

Spot On

Coach
There is no muck raking on my part, I merely posted the link because Matt Adamson was a former player and assistant coach here and I thought people who followed this club might be surprised to learn he scored himself another unlikely job.
Yes Matt Adamsom did start his career at Parramatta it lasted only 3 games. He played the bulk of his career of 155 games here if you had bothered to notice. Hardly a Parramatta player or a person Parramatta fans would be interested in.
If you don't like the thread don't read it.

Well said. He's far more associated with Penrith than any other club.

Nealo 12

Bench
Some of the players who were under performing couldnt handle the truth and forced him out.

Kilkenny

Coach
I can't remember the Matt Adamson issues in his time with us on the support staff but I do remember he was a fine player in his day. Time to move on. If he's picked another gig somewhere good luck to him.

Pomoz

Bench
I can't remember the Matt Adamson issues in his time with us on the support staff but I do remember he was a fine player in his day. Time to move on. If he's picked another gig somewhere good luck to him.
Still chilled from Hawaii? Well said. This discussion is just a little bit on the nasty side.

murraymob

First Grade
He is back in the news so he will return to the pages.Seems he had a dinner with Clive Palmer and big Clive ate all the food then run and left Adamson with the bill.Thats a lot off dishes to wipe Matt better get started

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

They actually come from group 3 Taree. Their dad John was a better player than either of the boys, he trailed for Souths in the early 70's . Broke his leg so south's didn't want him. Played centre. Both the boys were raised in Taree.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
18.Matt Adamson

Just for you.
upload_2018-3-17_13-21-46-jpeg.18382

Latest posts