What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Playing Roster

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Even though i didn't rate him much then, Sticky didn't even give him a chance in FG until after halfway through the year. In saying that, he did not impress me much while playing for Wenty, and after his FG efforts mu opionion was even less. I saw him do one of the dumbest things ive seen in a while in a game of footy. Ill write it up when this dose of Endone im on has worn off.

Didn't see Ben Roberts play footy?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
So this is what i remember of Harrison. Round 15 we played Souths at ANZ, his first game for us iirc. Bunnies are attacking our line, Sutton gets the ball and someone is trying to tackle his around the waist but John is staying up in the tackle, looking to offload. Harrison stands there for a second or two, can clearly see him trying to offload, and instead of even ATTEMPTING to wrap the ball up, he joins in with the other Parra player and hits his around the waist. Sutton then offloads the footy..I can't remember if it led to a try or not.

Me describing it on here does not do it justice, i will just never forget it. I went off my head at the time. There were also alot of other bonehead moves out there at ANZ that day.

I just remember thinking, how dumb can you be?

strider

Post Whore
there's a difference be tween dumb and poor execution ..... alot of roberts f**k ups are silly mistakes like dropping the ball cos his brain is thinking 3 steps ahead

Maroubra Eel

Coach
ED, I attended the season launch this evening , all the players including those outside the so called top 25 were introduced, except for Foran I don't believe he was at the function .

Enjoyable, Pauli Pauli and Ken Edwards took to the stage and delivered a fantastic singing performance, great voices

Sterlo gave a passionless introduction, Steve Sharp just told the audience that the clubs a heading in the right direction

BA spoke about what the club means to him, the fans and the district , Ken Thornett assisted by being on stage as the players were introduced. The players were very good, spoke to everyone and were available when approached.

What category of member do you have to be to get a ticket to the season launch?

Delboy

First Grade
Think it's Hayne membership, I was lucky enough to get invited by someone who had 2 tickets. That price membership would be a stretch for me

From what I know, the membership used to include a signed playing shirt this year they changed it to special functions as most of those ticket holders have had shirts for the past 2 years

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Raeli finally got his profile: http://www.parraeels.com.au/team/profiles/brandon_raeli.html

Also including the recent removals from the NRL squad. At this stage I'm assuming Lasalo and Foran are on NRL second tier contracts but dropped, and that Jones is no longer at the club.

Fulltime squad:
Allgood
Edwards
Faraimo
Gower
Hayne
Hopoate
Hunt
Kelly
Loko
Lussick
Mannah
Mau
Ma'afu
Moimoi
Morgan
Mossop
Norman
Pauli (turns 20)
Paulo
Paulo
Peats
Pewhairangi
Radradra
Sandow
Santi
Sio
Smith
Tanginoa (turns 20)
Terepo
Tonga
Toutai

'Wenty squad':
Alvaro
Bugden
Cummins
Evans
Foran
Gorman
Harrison
Lasalo
Tuitahi
Ualesi

NYC squad:
Aloiai (turns 19)
Anderson (turns 19)
Aukofolau (turns 19)
Brady
Daoud
Davis (turns 19)
Dockar-Clay (turns 19)
Folau
Goodall
Izzard (turns 19)
Kaufusi (turns 19)
Lavaka
Li
Lussick (turns 19)
Makelim
Markus (turns 19)
Matterson
Mauala
Moeroa (turns 19)
Muna (turns 19)
Newbigging
Pritchard
Pua (turns 19)
Raeli (turns 19)
Roe (turns 19)
Suli (turns 19)
Tagilima
Tepu-Smith (turns 19)
Tonga (turns 19)

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Even though i didn't rate him much then, Sticky didn't even give him a chance in FG until after halfway through the year. In saying that, he did not impress me much while playing for Wenty, and after his FG efforts mu opionion was even less. I saw him do one of the dumbest things ive seen in a while in a game of footy. Ill write it up when this dose of Endone im on has worn off.

Write it now. It'll probably be funnier.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As far as I'm aware jones has been asked to go back to wenty

He's named in Wenty's top 17 so he's contracted at one of the two clubs. I've updated the squads to include Jones.

Ultimately, there's little difference between a Wenty player and an Eels second tier player that hasn't yet appeared in first grade this year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He's named in Wenty's top 17 so he's contracted at one of the two clubs. I've updated the squads to include Jones.

Ultimately, there's little difference between a Wenty player and an Eels second tier player that hasn't yet appeared in first grade this year.

From what I understand he's not been offered a parramatta contract.. And will be monitored through the Wenty pathway.