What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Round 1 Teamlist Tuesday

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In summary - Soward & Idris included for Penrith

Walker @ 6, Sutton @ 13 for Souths

Roberts & Hampton halves for Storm, Romelo on extended bench.

betcats

Referee
whats wrong with kingston ?

Kev is a fine player but Seggy is one of the best young hookers in the game and has been playing first grade for a few years now, he should be starting.

I mean we told Kevin he wasnt wanted last season and now he is still keeping Seg on the bench, doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Kingston's problem is that he's not Seg and thus shouldn't be in first grade

He's a bit like Ben Hornby I suspect; is the coachs eyes and ears on the field and so provides an intangible.

I don't disagree though; Segs is the future. We'll happily take Kingston off your hands though :sarcasm:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Hoffman defends at 5/8 but attacks at fullback and Barba does the opposite?

It's just dumb enough to be a Hook special

i suspect thats the plan. i think thaiday "accidentally" mentioned this a few weeks ago that they'd be switching during games

that backline is appalling. of course we're up against a depleted bulldogs team, so we'll win and then hook will keep the same backline for the rest of the year.

as for parker's switch to prop, it's in the contract that if you're captain you have to play prop. when hodges returns he'll be in the 8

whats wrong with kingston ?

he's not as good as segeyaro

betcats

Referee
He's a bit like Ben Hornby I suspect; is the coachs eyes and ears on the field and so provides an intangible.

I don't disagree though; Segs is the future. We'll happily take Kingston off your hands though :sarcasm:

His commitment and heart are second to none in our side. Defensively the guy just doesnt stop, so I can see why he would be a coach favourite. I actually see similar efforts from Segeyaro when he is on(always chases a runaway try hard even if he is no chance etc).

Kev is a good player and great team guy but he is not out best hooker.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Knights

Knights NRL

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. Akuila Uate
6. Michael Dobson
7. Tyrone Roberts