What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
So he pretty much just said the opposite to you - ie that the fans don't want the police involved, yet you said they work hard to get permission, permits, etc etc ..... who to believe?
They are forced to now get permission because the march grew from the small numbers into a big group.

So we are both telling the truth

it's not really necessary

No, it's not. But then, neither is watching sport at all.

It's fun. Get over it.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
He's a newbie in the footy thread.

I've refrained from posting because of the sheer ignorance in this thread.

I understand that most people here are league fans and so this thread is full of people arguing against soccer simply because they fear it and don't understand it, whether they realise that is their motivation or not.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I actually like soccer. My kids play it too.
I don't like the way a lot of soccer fans carry on. They are ignorant and self absorbed.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Anyway we've got a bit off topic so let's get back. How about the racism on field incident from the Wanderer. Do we have any updates on this?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I like soccer and I like f**khead fans. I think they're good for the game (except when they're violent). I watch it on telly anyway.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Maroubra? Phantom? Strider? Delboy.
Any of you flogs want to have a go at the newby?
Don't forget that this is a football thread, so If you guys hate the sport, I'd be surprised if you are even reading it.
Oh, hold on....

Suity

Stop attacking the man Suity. It is piss poor.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've refrained from posting because of the sheer ignorance in this thread.

I understand that most people here are league fans and so this thread is full of people arguing against soccer simply because they fear it and don't understand it, whether they realise that is their motivation or not.

Pure speculation. Yes, there are a few people that don't like soccer. However, the majority of people don't begrudge soccer any success but are raising concerns about some of the incidents that have occurred.

Let me ask you this - Do you not have any concerns about some of the incidents that have occurred in recent times. Surely you don't tolerate racism and violence?

From my perspective there are also some soccer 'fans' making a lot of excuses for poor behaviour. Here are just a few:

- It is just passion. League fans wouldn't understand.

- Channel 9 (or nein if you really want smug it up) is picking on us.

- The Daily Telegraph/Rebecca Wilson is picking on us.

- The police don't understand fans and it is their fault that incidents are occurring.

- This sort of shit has happened in league before therefore it is fine.

What a load of horseshit.

strider

Post Whore
They are forced to now get permission because the march grew from the small numbers into a big group.

So we are both telling the truth

No, it's not. But then, neither is watching sport at all.

It's fun. Get over it.

how many are small numbers? I think it was always planned to be a decent sized thing surely

watching sport and blocking of streets (for cars) is hardly a comparison ..... its fun for you - not fun for the poor bastards who end up f**ked up trying to drive somewhere on the streets (for cars)

Gronk

Staff member
Marching through the streets of Parra has got to stop !

0.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
how many are small numbers? I think it was always planned to be a decent sized thing surely

watching sport and blocking of streets (for cars) is hardly a comparison ..... its fun for you - not fun for the poor bastards who end up f**ked up trying to drive somewhere on the streets (for cars)

fmd

its not the Bermuda triangle :lol:

If its organised and pre planned (as it is), there are detours put in place if required, vehicles getting around is the least worry

Sydney peak traffic is worse, particularly on a Friday long weekend . Now that's a bastard of a thing to get trapped in

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
fmd

its not the Bermuda triangle :lol:

If its organised and pre planned (as it is), there are detours put in place if required, vehicles getting around is the least worry

Sydney peak traffic is worse, particularly on a Friday long weekend . Now that's a bastard of a thing to get trapped in

spoken like a merkin who never drives near moore park on a weekend :lol:

its a f**kin shit fight around there any day of the week - put a 1000 merkins on the road and block some streets and whoooshka

hence why they put out advisory notification for people to steer clear in advance - but not every merkin in a car bothers to take notice and things can go to shit on sydney streets easy .... all so a few merkins can get some attention on the way to a bloody footy game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts