What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
Part 14 of the Road Rules 2008 must be a chance, Suity:

230 Crossing a road ? general

A pedestrian crossing a road:
(a) must cross by the shortest safe route, and
(b) must not stay on the road longer than necessary to cross the road safely.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

236 Pedestrians not to cause a traffic hazard or obstruction

A pedestrian must not cause a traffic hazard by moving into the path of a driver.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
A pedestrian must not unreasonably obstruct the path of any driver or another pedestrian.
238 Pedestrians travelling along a road (except in or on a wheeled recreational device or toy)

A pedestrian must not travel along a road if there is a footpath or nature strip adjacent to the road, unless it is impracticable to travel on the footpath or nature strip.

Yep. Correct. That's the law.

Yet, this is a permit approved march. Police and volunteers keep it orderly.
You guys are too funny.

Suity

Yep. Correct. That's the law.

Yet, this is a permit approved march. Police and volunteers keep it orderly.
You guys are too funny.

Suity

And that permit covers them to the extent that they act within its bounds (which normally includes obeying police instructions). Did they (genuine question....f**ked if I can actually find the source of this debate beyond that youtube clip)?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Why not just walk to the ground like normal people and then meet up outside the ground where they can jump around, chant, and be heroes all they like? Normal people going about there business don't care for their shit, and won't be inconvenienced this way.

Suitman

Post Whore
And that permit covers them to the extent that they act within its bounds (which normally includes obeying police instructions). Did they (genuine question....f**ked if I can actually find the source of this debate beyond that youtube clip)?

If you're referring to that youtube clip I posted, absolutely. I was on that march. Some people strayed, were asked by police to return to the footpath and did so. The street in the video that a certain surgeon who had to cancel surgery (lol) lives on, was actually closed for about a 10 minute period, so it wasn't an issue there. Most of the rest of the march was done on footpaths.
Any further laws they have supposedly broken?

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If you're referring to that youtube clip I posted, absolutely. I was on that march. Some people strayed, were asked by police to return to the footpath and did so. The street in the video that a certain surgeon who had to cancel surgery (lol) lives on, was actually closed for about a 10 minute period, so it wasn't an issue there. Most of the rest of the march was done on footpaths.
Any further laws they have supposedly broken?

Suity

My other friend who lives next door to the surgeon has a newborn who was woken by all the noise also.

Suitman

Post Whore
Why not just walk to the ground like normal people and then meet up outside the ground where they can jump around, chant, and be heroes all they like? Normal people going about there business don't care for their shit, and won't be inconvenienced this way.

I saw plenty of "normal people" looking from their balconies laughing, waving and filming. They didn't appear to be the least bit inconvenienced, except for your surgeon mate who couldn't sleep. lol.
We walked past what seemed to be an old person's hospice, with nurses out on the balcony and an old lady who looked about 120 years old. She was laughing and waving and got an amazing ovation from the marchers.
Sorry for having fun.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I saw plenty of "normal people" looking from their balconies laughing, waving and filming. They didn't appear to be the least bit inconvenienced, except for your surgeon mate who couldn't sleep. lol.
We walked past what seemed to be an old person's hospice, with nurses out on the balcony and an old lady who looked about 120 years old. She was laughing and waving and got an amazing ovation from the marchers.
Sorry for having fun.

Suity

I think it's good, just could be done better.

phantom eel

First Grade
Anyway we've got a bit off topic so let's get back. How about the racism on field incident from the Wanderer. Do we have any updates on this?
I found an update on the investigation into the Wanderers alleged on field bigotry. Too proud to apologise, apparently.... #passion.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-leagu...ved-ffa-probe-says-farina-20140312-hvhrf.html

Soccer: Apology would've saved FFA probe, says Farina

Date
March 12, 2014 - 12:32PM

If Ali Abbas had received an apology there would be no need for the FFA's investigation into alleged racial vilification, says Sydney FC coach Frank Farina.

Farina on Wednesday voiced his support for his Iraq-born midfielder who claimed he was the victim of slurs against his religion and culture during Saturday's heated 3-1 derby win over Western Sydney Wanderers.

Sydney FC on Monday lodged an official complaint to Football Federation Australia (FFA), prompting what could be a drawn out dispute process.

Farina admitted he was disappointed the incident had overshadowed his side's momentous victory but he also praised Abbas' handling of the on-field post-match television interview when he made the claim as he explained his fiery behaviour.

"That situation could have been quashed straight away," Farina said on Wednesday.

"Ali Abbas is a very honest, reliable, loyal person and for him to react that way, I have not seen him react that way since I've been at the club.

"So obviously the alleged incident, that something was said, I believe Ali unequivocally.

"But the whole situation could have been finished. Knowing Ali really well, if it had been said and if the person that said it had apologised it would be over.

"There would be no investigation, there'd be no further talks in the media about it. I know that from Ali that he would have certainly finished it right there."

There is no clear time line for the dispute process, with FFA guidelines noting that it may include attempts at mediation or referral straight to a tribunal.

Farina praised the manner in which Abbas, who became an Australian citizen in 2012, handled himself when interviewed immediately after fulltime.

"He was very smart in the sense that he did not say after the game what was allegedly said, because I think if he wasn't as smart and professional as he is this whole situation could have been very, very ugly," Farina said.

The Sky Blues lifted themselves to fourth on the ladder with Saturday's victory but face a tougher task when they host league leaders Brisbane on Friday.

Farina said the Abbas incident has not been a distraction for his side who are attempting to hang on to a top-six spot with only five games remaining before the finals.

He said Abbas harbours no anger over the matter and is solely focused on Friday's match.

"He's settled down, he's a very calm person, so it must have been something pretty out of the ordinary or pretty bad for him to react in that way.

"But he's certainly focused now on the game I only just had a talk with him this morning over a coffee and he's ready to go."

Cowardly grubs, the Wanderers club should have done the fair thing.

Suitman

Post Whore
Status
Not open for further replies.