What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Given the weather that has affected Melbourne, sydney, Auckland and soon newcatle I think we can say we got away ok this round so far.

Titans crowd will be interesting especially with the offer for free kids

Jamberoo

Juniors
Agreed .
Went to Melb last yr in AUG (timed it for when Sorm V Souths was on).
On the train there were about 12 RL fans ..a few Rabbitohs,about 8-9 Storm & me a neutral with a Cowboys hoodie on.
They all had jerseys ,beanies & scarves.
The rest of the train about 25-30 was AFL ,mainly Hawthorn,& they had either beanies or scarves or both.
They dont seem to get into the merchandise as much as RL fans ,& the scarves thing seems to be very popular in Vic.
AFL jumpers are sleeveless so nobody wears as a top layer.
Everyone wears scarves to show your colours.
You get a scarf with your Hawthorn membership, so there are plenty out there.
RL jersey are much better as everyday wear - you see more people around town in Storm gear than any AFL club.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So we need a median 22-23 degree day, no rain, not too much sun for a crowd to turn up there?

Come off it, people need to start turning up.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Another crowd that looks less than what the wooden spooners got last week,all non Parra fans are a disgrace,kick the other 15 clubs out of the comp and just give us the trophy every year.

the dude

Juniors
You blokes still complaining about crowds?

They are shit. They will always be shit. Sit back and enjoy the game without worrying who's at the stadium

t-ba

Post Whore
Another crowd that looks less than what the wooden spooners got last week,all non Parra fans are a disgrace,kick the other 15 clubs out of the comp and just give us the trophy every year.

Creative way to win a premiership but I like the cut of your jib :lol:

Are you people f**king goldilocks or some shit? I'd kill to go to regular footie...Shit, I go to Indonesian first division soccer to get my live sports fix...

Springs

First Grade
it's in the mid 30's

So??

There's seats in the shade. People turn up to cricket in the mid 40s.

Apparently there has to be perfect conditions all round for there to be a good crowd. Not hot, not cold, no rain, no wind, no bad-looking weather in the distance, team needs to be in the top 8, excellent public transport, no traffic, ground can't be too far away, has to be the right day, has to be the right time, has to have the right players playing...

I don't think crowds have been that bad, but the excuses are crap. Good conditions at the start of the year on Saturday and Sundays should be drawing above 15,000 at the least. The fact that the Warriors can get more in a cyclone than the Roosters or the Titans is very poor.

user_nat

Coach
So??

There's seats in the shade. People turn up to cricket in the mid 40s.

Apparently there has to be perfect conditions all round for there to be a good crowd. Not hot, not cold, no rain, no wind, no bad-looking weather in the distance, team needs to be in the top 8, excellent public transport, no traffic, ground can't be too far away, has to be the right day, has to be the right time, has to have the right players playing...

It also has to be a Sunday afternoon. Unless it actually is a Sunday, in which case it needs to be Friday.

t-ba

Post Whore
I think it needs to be accepted that crowd growth is going to require generational change to be truly effective. The clubs should probably be prepared to take a financial hit to get todays pre-teens regularly getting their parents taking them to the footie.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Atmospheres can depend on the match itself. I remember 2011 broncos v Canberra - 21k.

We lead 24-0 then Canberra came back to 24 all, we won with a field goal and the place went off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts