What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LESStar58

Referee
Cameron Smith should know by now that he is the most arrogant and disliked man in the game. He is full of himself If he was a man he would have knelt beside McKinnon and made sure he was ok.

Yet you would fill your jockey shorts with little Vinnies and Debbies if he played for your club.

I love the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality of so many people in this thread about the "proper" way players are meant to be deal in the direct aftermath.

:lol:

maccattack

Juniors
I'm sure Cameron Smith feels the same as everyone else. He might even regret saying what he did.

The good news is that the church will have no shortage of priests anytime soon given the amount of high n mighties in here. Y'all must have impeccable personal records.

LESStar58

Referee
I'm sure Cameron Smith feels the same as everyone else. He might even regret saying what he did.

The good news is that the church will have no shortage of priests anytime soon given the amount of high n mighties in here. Y'all must have impeccable personal records.

This.

Danish

Referee

It doesn't take much of a record to better the morals of Cam Smith

oikee

Juniors
Smith is the captain, he is allowed to ask questions.
Forget all that and lets worry about Alex and the young kid who put him in this awkward position.

Both will be scarred for life.

If you want to blame anyone out of all this and i am getting sick and tired of hearing their dumb-arse comments, lets blame Sterlo for making comment about Smith, who is he to judge, or even say that Smith should not have asked the question, now the whole thing has blown out of proportion.
And Mortimer, for not thinking and trying to turn the game into rugby union with a 5 metre rule .
And now Roy Masters, by saying the cannonball tackle caused this incident. really Roy, how dumb are these ex=players and when will the game maybe even sue them for loss of business because of their dumb remarks, or better still get rid of them, they are doing so much harm to the game, "click" ? that was the sound of another family closing the door and walking away from grass-roots.

There wont be a code the way these ex-players are killing it, and what is worse, they have not got a clue what they are doing.
What is the saying, "Forgive my children as they dont know what they do".
That line from God was made for rugby league.
The game will be dead in five.

Last edited:

Plumplechook

Juniors
Doctors will tell him the odds of the injury worsening are high and that it is strongly advisable that he not play on. Pretty much the same thing Johns was told.

Mate - the issue here is if the guy will ever walk again, not if he will play again. He's suffered a catastrophic spinal injury and only has movement in his right arm and no feeling in his legs. The doctors are talking up to two years to see if there is any improvement. Can't believe people on here are still talking about his possible playing future. It's moved way beyond that.

Feel terrible for the bloke and wishing him all the best.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I feel sorry for McLean to be honest. There was no malice from, there was 2 other blokes who contributed aswell.
Smith on the other has lost all respect that I've had for him. He should apologise for how he acted, such a selfish, disrespectful merkin who's used to having everything go his way. We don't need a person like him captaining Australia.

there were 2 incidents earlier in the first half when Ben Hampton was upended in tackles and nothing was done. Cam smith was saying that there have been tackles like that earlier and the ref let them go.if the refs had been doing their job properly then maybe the 3rd incident wouldn`t have happened.

best of luck to Jordan and mckinnon

edabomb

First Grade
Mate - the issue here is if the guy will ever walk again, not if he will play again. He's suffered a catastrophic spinal injury and only has movement in his right arm and no feeling in his legs. The doctors are talking up to two years to see if there is any improvement. Can't believe people on here are still talking about his possible playing future. It's moved way beyond that.

Feel terrible for the bloke and wishing him all the best.

Absolutely. No way he will ever get back on the paddock.

northwest9

Juniors
NRL should have outlawed this properly years ago. Put your hand on a ball getting up and the ref blows up quick enough, lift in the tackle and they wait till the player is on his head. The refs need to blow the whistle the instant a player puts his hand/arm through to grab one leg. Players are obviously used to doing this, the kid who did the tackle did the exact same thing just a few minutes later. There were probably three or four other occasions in that match alone.

exactly. stop the lifting tackle.

smith was trying to point out that lifting tackles were happening all game, and that the ref should be looking at them all

1st minute - penalised

20th minute - unpenalised

43rd minute, after seeing a player leave the field for the same thing, here, the blokes boot is above a tacklers head.... unpenalised

Heres hoping for a Ben Ross like outcome, surprise everyone, and do things the doctors said he'd never do.

best wishes to alex, and his family

northwest9

Juniors
Absolutely. No way he will ever get back on the paddock.

they said the same about ben ross. as much as i thought he was mad, he did it.

hope for the same outcome.

thankfully he is young and fit, which will give him a better chance i guess

edabomb

First Grade
they said the same about ben ross. as much as i thought he was mad, he did it.

hope for the same outcome.

thankfully he is young and fit, which will give him a better chance i guess

Maybe I wasn't following the game as closely or the media wasn't all over the Ross injury like this one - but I was of the opinion this sounds far worse.

Noname36

First Grade
there were 2 incidents earlier in the first half when Ben Hampton was upended in tackles and nothing was done. Cam smith was saying that there have been tackles like that earlier and the ref let them go.if the refs had been doing their job properly then maybe the 3rd incident wouldn`t have happened.

Then he should have whinged about the others at the time, not wait and blame the guy stuck to the ground unable to move his limbs even enough to get his mouthguard out. Do you think he would have stood there blaming Hampton if the same thing had happened to him? No way. Complete dog act.

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
I'd also nominate O'Donnell and Hindmarsh's tackle on Darius Boyd in Origin 2 in 2010 as worse than this tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts