What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Sheffield Shield Final: NSW V WA, Manuka Oval

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Starc, Bollinger, Clarkie, Warner, Hads and Wazn could have made it even a bit more one sided although if Wazn played maybe Moises misses out.

Bit of depth there and some good young players like Carters and Patterson and Haze.

Red Bear

Referee
We have Bollinger, Hazlewood, Starc, potentially Cummins, Abbott, Sandhu, Copeland next season. Wonder if one or two will go to other states for opportunities. Victoria is in pretty desperate need of new bowlers

undertaker

Coach
Why wasn't this Sheffield Shield final televised? Fox Sports have televised the final in the previous few years.

And congrats to NSW, first Shield title in 6 years.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Onya smiffy

452193-7a4cb0ce-b3d5-11e3-995d-6099a80e173b.jpg

jargan83

Coach
Why wasn't this Sheffield Shield final televised? Fox Sports have televised the final in the previous few years.

I'll assume because they lost the rights to Channel 9.

I'm not sure if that included Shield Cricket but I'll assume they couldn't be bothered setting up for one game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Channel 9 bought the rights and they didn't want to send someone down to Manuka. Probably would have if it was the WACA or SCG

undertaker

Coach
I'll assume because they lost the rights to Channel 9.

I'm not sure if that included Shield Cricket but I'll assume they couldn't be bothered setting up for one game.

Now that you tell me Ch9 have the rights, even if it was held at the SCG, I have extreme doubt they would've televised it. Pretty poor really. Why hold the rights to something you don't want to televise? Should've got Fox Sports or Ch10/OneHD to do it. I believe Ch9 used to televise some Shield matches back in the '90s in the days before Optus/C7 Sport did it.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Not as sweet as winning it with a 10th wicket partnership in fading light at the Gabba, but I'll take it nonetheless.