What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achillies

Juniors
Seems a bit redundant

Especially with him playing NSW cup right now

Wouldn't be a good look if a bloke you moved on only two weeks earlier came back and had a blinder against you. Gould is to savvy to allow that to happen. Imagine the media backlash if it did.

chrisD

Coach
It'll free up $300k because of some long term player contract clause.

That money will be needed to shore up some of our up and coming juniors.

Even at the expense of losing someone like Tim,although as sad as the outcome has turn out,it is hard when you do lose a player that wore his heart on his sleeve for the Panthers.

But we must all remember that this is nobody's fault at the club.

That includes Tim,Gould or any other board member.

So in case the likes of Rothfield,in trying to deflect the hammerring his team got from the knights,tries to print a full page of why the likes of TG and others have left the club,it was all to do with the salary cap that we had to whittle down.

Yes, losing Grant when we are already skinny up front to save a whopping $300k of salary cap space is just the smart thing to do. I froth at the mouth just thinking about what we could do with all that money, anything is possible, hell maybe we could even sign up a representative prop with it.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Centre is our biggest lack of depth and someone in the backline who is a true fullback cover as well (Saturday showed that)

Could work but will believe it when I see it

MatthewA

Juniors
Would be very sad to lose Inu, on his day he is brilliant. But I don't think there's a place for him in the team at the moment and Des dropped him last year for the finals so I'm not sure where his place lies in the team.

BranVan3000

Coach
I heard that Gould just recently tried to get Grant to sign amendments in his contract while his manager was sick in the hospital, and it's caused a big rift

BranVan3000

Coach
To come out so hard and deny it & then let him go would be a very poor PR exercise indeed.

My guess is they may have backflipped because of fan reaction.
These sagas tend to play on with Gould and Penrith - same as Jennings, Lewis and Coote. Pressuring them into lower grades and other means until it comes to a head

?It is my hope and I?m sure Tim?s hope, that he gets to play many more years with the Panthers, and that would be the best result for all concerned?.

Read more: http://www.nospam9/nrl/gould-denies-tim-grant-departure-rumours-12769/#ixzz2xV3ECYwZ

In any case I'd consider Gould saying "Grant will see out his contract at Penrith" as a hard denial. Saying that they are hopeful he will do it, and that he feels it would be in everyone's best interest... Feels like its been worded carefully enough that it doesn't look like Gould is contradicting himself if Grant goes

I'm sure Gould would love Grant to stay, if he takes a pay cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts