What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

Eelementary

Post Whore
I appreciate your comments. However, I am still struggling with the fact that we became chicken feed for the Roosters so easily. I wasn't at the game, but I feel for those who parted with their hard earned to witness such a diabolical effort. The coach has to accept responsibility for positional selections, game plan and strategic options during the game. The players have to accept responsibility to execute said game plans and play to their potential. I hope I am wrong, but it will be a massive effort to come close to Manly next weekend....I just can't see it happening.

Obviously the following is merely my own opinion, but I went to the game. Sat in the Eels supporters section.

When they came to warm up, they were right in front of us, and they had a look of hunger and determination on their eyes. And the way they played in the first half, it showed.

But something happened at halftime and they went to shit. And THAT is just irritatingly typical of this club.

bartman

Immortal
Hopefully it wasn't a rookie mistake in the half-time talk... saying something like "if we score first after half-time we can win this"?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Obviously the following is merely my own opinion, but I went to the game. Sat in the Eels supporters section.

When they came to warm up, they were right in front of us, and they had a look of hunger and determination on their eyes. And the way they played in the first half, it showed.

But something happened at halftime and they went to shit. And THAT is just irritatingly typical of this club.

We were out-muscled up the guts from the word go, which was not unexpected. But when we went to plan B on the edges we looked good, especially attacking Maloney/Jennings. Plus the chip kicks to the corner.

But that bombed try before halftime looked like it might have been the focus during the break, rather than what we should be doing in the second half. We definitely dropped out bundle. Hayne was still going on about it after the game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hopefully it wasn't a rookie mistake in the half-time talk... saying something like "if we score first after half-time we can win this"?

I don't know, mate.

The Roosters are an awesome side, but we were competing in that first half and were unlucky not to score a couple of extra tries.

But the side came out after halftime and played in completely the opposite way to the first half. It baffles me.

I genuinely think this team is capable of much better than this, and it angers me that this is allowed to happen. I paid good money, walked 2.5 km in a storm, on my birthday, to watch them play, and their display has just angered me.

"But it's just football!" You know? You're right. It is "just" football. But I f**king love this club and I am envious of successful clubs and tired of being a laughingstock.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We were out-muscled up the guts from the word go, which was not unexpected. But when we went to plan B on the edges we looked good, especially attacking Maloney/Jennings. Plus the chip kicks to the corner.

But that bombed try before halftime looked like it might have been the focus during the break, rather than what we should be doing in the second half. We definitely dropped out bundle. Hayne was still going on about it after the game.

You're right - their forwards outmuscled ours.

But we defended and played pretty well in the first 40, and I would have thought they would have been pretty pleased and pumped to carry on the good work.

I'm just really disappointed. I know it's only round 2, but damn it - we are better than what the shoreline reflects.

Forty20

First Grade
Happy Birthday, merkin.

Hope you had an awesome day taking our mob out of the equation.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As in, beyond what Parra's effort did to spoil your day I hope it was a nice day.

Ah sweet lol.

It was a good day.

And even though I'm on these forums whinging about the team, I'm just letting off steam. I'll never stop supporting this club or stop believing in them.

I mean, right now, I am frustrated, but by Tuesday, I'll be delusional again and thinking we will smash Manly! :lol:

And thank you :)

Hindyscrack

Bench
Peats is our best buy for this season. The more he plays, the more competitive we will be.

We will see this on the park against Manly this weekend.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Ballin has slowed down so much. He's off contract at the end of next year, he'll be 31. Manly will be on the lookout for another hooker i'd say.

forward pass

Coach
I know it won't happen because Farah will get the job, but Peats is born to play origin! He would not let anyone down.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Yep and I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted one of our younger ones - Pritchard, lussick and docker.

They can have Pritchard. Dockar Clay is a halfback and should stay there and work on the combination with Matterson. Lussick is a good steady player and I like him as a hooker.

Joely01

Bench
They can have Pritchard. Dockar Clay is a halfback and should stay there and work on the combination with Matterson. Lussick is a good steady player and I like him as a hooker.

Guessing you didn't watch the 20s on the weekend?

Pritchard was inspirational, he came off with 10 to go and had a massive applause to come off too, I haven't heard that for a 20s players before...
He is out 2nd best hooker option at our club, players way above his size.

Avenger

Immortal
Most of us on here have been wishing for that mongrel player for many seasons now. Is Peats that player and as an added bonus playing the most important position in the modern game?