What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

MatthewA

Juniors
For the love of god, please DO NOT go anywhere near the Stewart brothers Raelene.. They are bad news.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I know... I don't want either of them. Let's get Hoffman and be done with it. It won't be happening until Karmichael signs with Broncos though!

Packy

Bench
Tabasco. Tedesco.

I don't even give a f**k atm. Perrett is going well. The team has changed play style and it's suiting him.

Tommax25

Bench
For the love of god, please DO NOT go anywhere near the Stewart brothers Raelene.. They are bad news.

I disagree on the bad news part but I can understand the apprehension. This really seems a case of the salary cap doing what its designed to do but no-one really being happy about it. I'm sure Manly want to keep him, it's been made clear Glenn and the players want him to stay, the fans want him to stay, and I doubt many clubs are banging the doors down wanting to sign them, despite their talent (i.e. the bad news rep).

It's sad but I think he may go unless he is happy to take whatever Manly can scrape together, which I doubt he will be considering the pay cuts he'd taken before. Reminds me a little of Petero taking pay cuts on the understanding (or maybe more than an understanding? An explicit guarantee?) of pay rises once the likes of Webcke moved on and it never came. There were no promises made but I'm sure Glenn thought his time would come but now it may never.

Anyway, you guys should sign Tedesco. There is nobody else on the market who compares. Don't think, just sign. Please.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I disagree on the bad news part but I can understand the apprehension. This really seems a case of the salary cap doing what its designed to do but no-one really being happy about it. I'm sure Manly want to keep him, it's been made clear Glenn and the players want him to stay, the fans want him to stay, and I doubt many clubs are banging the doors down wanting to sign them, despite their talent (i.e. the bad news rep).

It's sad but I think he may go unless he is happy to take whatever Manly can scrape together, which I doubt he will be considering the pay cuts he'd taken before. Reminds me a little of Petero taking pay cuts on the understanding (or maybe more than an understanding? An explicit guarantee?) of pay rises once the likes of Webcke moved on and it never came. There were no promises made but I'm sure Glenn thought his time would come but now it may never.

Anyway, you guys should sign Tedesco. There is nobody else on the market who compares. Don't think, just sign. Please.

Hoffman is who I want.

MatthewA

Juniors
I'd take Hiku over anyone else except Hayne.

Perrett is doing an excellent job at the moment, though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perrett's fine. Give up the search, we have a wealth of decent backs.

What about Kevin Locke? I think we could snap him up for cheap just now. BTW Kristian Inu wouldn't be a bad FB either and Perrat isn't doing that bad of a job.

Bulldog Force

Referee
What about Kevin Locke? I think we could snap him up for cheap just now. BTW Kristian Inu wouldn't be a bad FB either and Perrat isn't doing that bad of a job.
Perrett is a safe FB, no doubt. I just think we need someone a bit like Hoffman who is both established and well within our budget. I don't want to throw a bucket of cash at a player like Tedasco. We've made mistakes like that in the past and should learn from that. Hoffman will command about $300,000 (and he's likely to leave if the Broncos sign Karmichael) and that will leave some cash left over for someone else is we want - maybe upgrade a current players contract.

Packy

Bench
Prefer Perrett over Locke & Hoffman TBH.

Hiku is a long term option. Would love to see the fish in our team. Tedesco is the whole kit but i kinda hope he stays with the tigtogs