What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Movie Sequels

What movie sequels have disappointed you?

Speed 2

Rocky 5 & 6

Godfather part 3 (alright but not fussed on it)

Smokey and the Bandit 2 & 3

What makes your list?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Terminator 3
Predator 2
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Starwars: The Phantom Menace
Batman Forever & Batman and Robin from that era
The Matrix Revolutions
Mission Impossible 2
The Ring 2 (American)
Spiderman 3

LESStar58

Referee
Godfather 3 is unfailingly maligned IMO. The only thing that spoils it ia Sofia Coppolla.

there was a straight to dvd carlitos way prequel that I didnt watch but I figured it would have sucked huge whale dick.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
MK Annihilation

:lol:

Yes, this was horrible. Some of the sequels mentioned fell short on ambition or tried squeezing more out of a franchise that didn't really have the story to tell, but MKII was off the back of a "better than it deserved to be" first movie and absolutely bombed in every imaginable way.

Resident Evil Apocalypse is the same. The first one wasn't as bad as I expected, but the second one was absolutely atrocious.

Crank 2 - Spite film IMO. First one was unfairly critised when it wasn't trying to be the things it was critised for. It's like the filmmakers got the second one and said "Yeah? Well take this!" The final image of Statham holding the middle finger to the camera while burning alive was a shot at the critics who bashed the first one IMO. Sadly it also ended up being the same thing to those who switched their brain off and enjoyed the first one for what it was. You don't do that to your audience just to get back at a few critics.

Zoidberg

First Grade
MK Annihilation

The 1st one blew my 13 year old mind when it came out. I remember waiting for a sequel for so long (3 years felt like forever in my teens), and got so excited when I saw a big ass MK:Annihilation banner at my local theatre for the 1st time. So disappointed that it sucked so bad. Really, really poorly done.

I still know what you did last summer. Really liked the 1st one. Had that mystery aspect along with the suspense. Sequel, you already knew the killer so that takes away a lot. And with the higher body count you don't get to know the side characters so you don't really care about those who die.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The 1st one blew my 13 year old mind when it came out. I remember waiting for a sequel for so long (3 years felt like forever in my teens), and got so excited when I saw a big ass MK:Annihilation banner at my local theatre for the 1st time. So disappointed that it sucked so bad. Really, really poorly done.

I still know what you did last summer. Really liked the 1st one. Had that mystery aspect along with the suspense. Sequel, you already knew the killer so that takes away a lot. And with the higher body count you don't get to know the side characters so you don't really care about those who die.

Good point. The "mystery killer out for revenge" is a lot more intriguing than "known killer returns for revenge after failing the first time"

Plus Jack Black's white Jamaican character, f**k me how annoying.

Storm13

Juniors
Terminator 3
Predator 2
The Matrix Revolutions
Mission Impossible 2
The Ring 2 (American)
Spiderman 3

Great movie :D

Springs

First Grade
Indiana Jones 4
Matrix sequels
Star Wars prequels
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
The Dark Knight Rises
Alien 3 and 4
Mad Max 3
Die Hard 2 and 5
Quantum of Solace
Iron Man 2 and 3
Hannibal
X-Men 3
Spiderman 3

Wizardman

First Grade
The vast majority of sequels are inferior to the original. There are some occurences where the second movie is better, but very rare for the 3rd and onwards to be the best.

I'd have to say that the most disappointing sequel I've ever seen is the 4th Indy movie. The last 30 minutes in particular were moronic beyond belief.

Generalzod

Immortal
Terminator 3
Predator 2
The Matrix Revolutions
Mission Impossible 2
The Ring 2 (American)
Spiderman 3

Predator 2 was cool...

I give you a couple more crappy sequels Star Wars the clone Wars,Revenge of the sith.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Special mentions to Die Hard 4 & 5 and Indy 4.

Those are textbook examples of actors who've phoned in pretty much every role they've been in since those original series ended.

Showing contempt for the characters they helped create because they know they can get away with it since the studio will put up with whatever crap they dish up.

LESStar58

Referee
Yep and now they are talking about rebooting Indy.... with Bradley Cooper.

I hope it never eventuates.

Latest posts