What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 disgrace

Springs

First Grade
I am so frustrated! Last week they decided to stop showing games in primetime in Badelaide. And they don't just delay it a little. They put Antiques Roadshow and Wyatt Earp on then play the games at 12:30 and 2:30am.

Then as Haynzy said, the digital pass will only let you watch the games when your state is televising them.

At least we won and if you look at NRL.com they've given us the Manly game and put us in No. 1 position on the ladder.

G

WTF!!! 2.30 am? What happened to before midnight.
FFS imagine having a footy-mad kid and telling them they can't watch it because it won't finish until almost 5 am. What the f**k is wrong with 9?

Haynzy

First Grade
WTF!!! 2.30 am? What happened to before midnight.
FFS imagine having a footy-mad kid and telling them they can't watch it because it won't finish until almost 5 am. What the f**k is wrong with 9?

That's exactly what I had to tell my young bloke. He was hanging out for this game.

mickdo

Coach
Hadley is just an embarrassment to the game. Turned the sound off after 5 minutes I just couldn't take any more. Are we sure he isn't the one paying 9 to let him do the call, and not the other way around? My 4 year old could do a better job.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Simple solution. Record the game on your PVR, start watching at 11pm, skip through the ads and the breaks in play.

On Hadley, he is terrible but I just laugh.

Haynzy

First Grade
Live streaming is fine but the quality is generally pretty low.
Sometimes I can't even make out the faces of the players.

Whatever, I'm happy we got the win but I'm still pissed with the substandard coverage we get in SA.

Eels Dude

Coach

Whatever, I'm happy we got the win but I'm still pissed with the substandard coverage we get in SA.

Yeah I tried live streaming last night, but it kept cutting out. Ending up at one point trying to watch live streaming, but at the same time keep the Triple M call on standby on the radio for every time it cut out, as well as have the TV on for the delayed replay so I could watch the parts of the first half I'd missed.

guruminga

Juniors
We did win last night didn't we? Wouldn't think so reading through this bitch session!

I'm bitching cause if I wanted to watch the Eels win I had to either watch a live stream where the picture is so bad it's like watching through coke-bottle glasses, or watching on GEM between 2:30-4:30am.

I'm stoked we won and reckon if we can keep it up we'll definitely play finals.

G

Sheep dog

Juniors
That's exactly what I had to tell my young bloke. He was hanging out for this game.

I've just moved to Radelaide. Last Sunday 4pm I turned on gem and there was a black and white movie about a submarine!!!!!
Also at my new workplace I have been very vocal about following the Eels and a few are starting to to ask after a weekend how they went. A mad AFL colleague on friday even mentioned they were playing the Broncs that night, I thought to myself I'm turning him.
9 have three channels here and could have put that game on and maybe the AFL colleague could have tuned in. The NRL will never get fans interstate playing games at 2:30am.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yeah I tried live streaming last night, but it kept cutting out. Ending up at one point trying to watch live streaming, but at the same time keep the Triple M call on standby on the radio for every time it cut out, as well as have the TV on for the delayed replay so I could watch the parts of the first half I'd missed.

Then when it finally didn't cut out those f**ken ads appeared which blocked the screen , lucky I didn't have a cat to kick last night.

I hate the delayed Friday or Sunday channel nine game, you should be able to watch the game live. It's a f**ken joke!!!! It needs to be fixed!! I would be happy to pay, on top of my fox , to watch the eels live. Same goes for under 20's and nsw cup.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This TV deal we just needed the cash to ward off rival sports. Next time the NRL will be better placed to retain control and give the fans more of what they want, without sacrificing fat pay checks for the players.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Still better than nothing.
Rather watch ghostly images of the players walking on the moon live, not that this happens very often, rather than watching a delayed telecast, highlights or not, with or without all the crap adds.
Still reckon the lads from Alice Springs should be doing a radio commentary of every Eels game so that we could listen to them while having 9 & Fox commentary muted.

Fourty/20 should be enlisting these lads to do his live weekly commentary. It's a start leading to bigger staged events down-the-line.;-)

emjaycee

Coach
Still better than nothing.
Rather watch ghostly images of the players walking on the moon live, not that this happens very often, rather than watching a delayed telecast, highlights or not, with or without all the crap adds.
Still reckon the lads from Alice Springs should be doing a radio commentary of every Eels game so that we could listen to them while having 9 & Fox commentary muted.

Fourty/20 should be enlisting these lads to do his live weekly commentary. It's a start leading to bigger staged events down-the-line.;-)

Aren't all e-vents in life 'staged' Casper?

This TV deal we just needed the cash to ward off rival sports. Next time the NRL will be better placed to retain control and give the fans more of what they want, without sacrificing fat pay checks for the players.

the nrl should already be making a list of demands for the next tv deal including ALL games to be in hd and shown live
if nine want to show a game on delay then fox gets to show it live and let us decide when we want to watch it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Spot on, after a decade of taking unders thanks to that News limited stooge Gallop we had no choice but take the cash and Nines shit sandwich.

10 offered much better coverage but nowhere near the cash, plus we got rid of first and last bidding from the contract.